+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Potential Of Running Backs Next Year

Champ bulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of light bulldogfan1's Avatar

Potential Of Running Backs Next Year

Well, Moats is gone. there is not much we can do about that now, all we can do is move forward. What do yall think the potential of our backs next year are? From what I have seen and heard about both of them, I am very excited.

Ryan, said that based upon what we have coming back, he feels comfortable with Techs running back situation for next year.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Re: Potential Of Running Backs Next Year

I would love to see us use Shelton Richardson and Freddie Franklin a lot and give Freddie 15-20 carries/game and Shelton 10-15/game. A lot of teams are doing this with great success in NCAAs the past couple of years.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg
    I would love to see us use Shelton Richardson and Freddie Franklin a lot and give Freddie 15-20 carries/game and Shelton 10-15/game. A lot of teams are doing this with great success in NCAAs the past couple of years.
    But Bicknell does not equal success
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt we'll run as much with Ryan...which is a shame. I think a Franklin/Richardson combo would do very good. I wish we could have used Franklin like a Reggie Bush this year. Shelton looks to have the tools...so I hope we use him.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Probably depends on how spring practice goes and who we recruit. If Franklin and Shelton have good springs then we might continue to see the running attack featured.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Sheldon's a big ole boy. I think if we could get Freddie to put on 15-20 lbs. of muscle, we could have a cadilac/ronnie brown type combo. I also wouldn't mind seein' two backs in at the same time. Sheldon is big enough to block and God knows we don't need extra wide recievers (who can't catch) on the field.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

I hear Ralph Davis is coming back for his senior season. All others will be second string.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten
    I hear Ralph Davis is coming back for his senior season. All others will be second string.
    If this is true, we better beef up security at all the night time establishments. Fellas, buy your significant others some powerful tasers cause Ralph's back.

Champ theinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her game

Lotta changes expected here.

First the comments about Mark Dillard at Safety are premature but are a definite option that could happen. I hear it all depends on who we sign and what happens in the spring.

Freddie Franklin is the top choice of the coaches and expected to be there along with Richardson and Hicks (RS-and late signee out of Houston). Shelton Richardson could be your next starting tight end and Dillard your next starting safety.

I believe we will sign up to two running backs. I know we will sign one and have a chance for two out of a good group. One prospect is out of Garland, TX, one is out of Tyler, TX and one is a super blue chipper that may fall to us if LSU recruiting changes much(which is all I can say.)

Champ tylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the rough tylerdawg's Avatar

Insider,

If you are talking about Tyrone Ross his grades are an issue. He is a great runner, but he is small.

I know the coaches at REL hate to see him graduate.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdawg
    Insider,

If you are talking about Tyrone Ross his grades are an issue. He is a great runner, but he is small.

I know the coaches at REL hate to see him graduate.
    TD, it could be Peyton Price as well. He is a bull of a back that can catch the ball. He had a great year and has the grades to boot. TCU is/was on to him hard. You are right about TY's grade problem. However, maybe they are thinking of proping him. Ross is a very close Moats clone (add 10-15 lbs)!

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    TD, it could be Peyton Price as well. He is a bull of a back that can catch the ball. He had a great year and has the grades to boot. TCU is/was on to him hard. You are right about TY's grade problem. However, maybe they are thinking of proping him. Ross is a very close Moats clone (add 10-15 lbs)!
    Can't prop out of state players...i may be wrong but i think that is accurate....

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theinsider
    Lotta changes expected here.

First the comments about Mark Dillard at Safety are premature but are a definite option that could happen. I hear it all depends on who we sign and what happens in the spring.

Freddie Franklin is the top choice of the coaches and expected to be there along with Richardson and Hicks (RS-and late signee out of Houston). Shelton Richardson could be your next starting tight end and Dillard your next starting safety.

I believe we will sign up to two running backs. I know we will sign one and have a chance for two out of a good group. One prospect is out of Garland, TX, one is out of Tyler, TX and one is a super blue chipper that may fall to us if LSU recruiting changes much(which is all I can say.)
    So they are going to ruin Richardson's talents by putting him at Tight End. You know we don't use a tight end at Tech.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Unless Shelton can no longer take the beating on his legs/knees that RB take, moving him to TE is stupid. We have a couple of good young TEs that are plenty capable and I am sure we will sign another TE this year after losing Hawthorne and Capps. Move someone who doesn't have a chance to produce at their position, if that is the case with Shelton then fine but if it means Dillard doesn't get to move and help out our defense then I wouldn't do it.

We should be recruiting a good TE from HS that can play next year and use that as a selling point. Anthony James will be fine if we let him play more this year and if we need two TEs bring in another tackle to block.

Champ theinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her game

Tech has no tight ends now. Shelton will only move it is is the best move.

Anthony James severely hurt his knee in a basketball game. He will miss spring ball according to current indications. The other TE's are gone. We only moved Wes Day there last year as a body. He did not do anything or play any and really from what I heard did little on scout team.
    Spiegner had quit some time ago.

+ Reply to Thread