+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Radio interference --need input

Champ TECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really nice TECHAJUN's Avatar

Radio interference --need input

We here at the Radio center in Ruston need some input to help us in a battle of radio signals...
    If you are in the Shreveport-Bossier area I have a favor to ask of you.
    In the past month a station has put a translater in the Shreve-Bossier area that is on our frequency of 107.5...it is legal BUT...we are going into some legal with them...

THIS IS THE FAVOR I ASK OF THOSE OF YOU LIVING IN THE SHREVEPORT-BOSSIER AREA:

Please email:
    manager@z1075fm.com
    Please list your name AND your PHYSICAL ADDRESS--this is important we must have your physical address.
    Please state that you have been listening to Tech sports and now cannot get the games with the interference of another station on 107.5...

That is all we need...
    Your name and physical address
    The fact that you cannot listen to Tech games that you were listening to in the past or any of our other broadcasts.

Thank you so much
    Please PM me if you have any questions
    Ed Hebert
    KXKZ-KPCH-KNBB-KRUS

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Radio interference --need input

Ed,

I will think much less of the Radio Group that owns KXKZ if they take a not for profit Christian radio station to task over something they did that is perfectly LEGAL -

I don't think it would be in the Radio's Group best interest if ya'll proceed in this matter -

Last thing ya'll need is a bunch of right wing Baptist and Methodists bad mouthing ya'lls stations -

This is a TECH administration problem - they are the ones who decided to go the cheap way out and NOT get a station in the area that was a REAL radio station -

Signed

Dwayne R Woodard
    Whose household is a monthly partner with the KHCB radio network
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Shouldn't the not for profit stations stay over on the left side of the dial? That is the way it has always been.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

This radio group operates a group of stations that is head quartered out of Houston TX - Keeping Him Close By -

They have affiliates in Paris TX, Arcadia LA, Tyler/Longview etc...

KHCH Huntsville - 1400 AM
    KHCJ Jefferson/Marshall/Longview - 91.9 FM
    KHIB Bastrop - 88.5 FM
    San Marcos - 88.5 FM
    Round Rock - 105.1 FM
    Mendoza - 104.7 FM
    Shreveport (NW Louisiana) - 107.5 FM

They have no advertising and operate SOLELY on contributions by members -

They feature VERY CONSERVATIVE programing and are serving a much needed niche in FM radio -

I know Bruce Munsterman personally and he is a great guy -

I was not thrilled appy about it when I learned that the frequency they landed in Shreveport was 107.5 but I know that they had been trying to land a repeater tower in that area for about 3 years to fill the gap from Arcadia to the stateline and this opened up for them, but when I think about what they are doing compared to not being able to listen to a TECH ballgame clearly - I feel they are serving a much greater good -

Here is a link to their website -

www.khcb.org

Champ TECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really nice TECHAJUN's Avatar

Dwayne...I appreciate your remarks...we are just asking them to find another frequency-not take them off the air...It is not only Tech games that are in question..our regular listeners in the area have emailed us and complained and those are forwarded to the FCC. The Tech issue is just something our attorneys needed as a direct issue.

We want them to be on the air...just do a little more investigation as to what frequency they select.

Ed

Ed -

If it is like it was in Minden - more than likely the frequency was DONATED to them by the individual who owned it previously -

It would be the best of both worlds if ya'll could get them over to another frequency on the FM dial that would not interfer with ya'll and allow they to fill the gap from Arcadia to Longview...

Donated or bought they have to abide by FCC regs as to interference. And as I stated we want them to find another FM frequency...not just force them off the air...I'm sure the head guy is a great guy and I'm ALL for their programing--just do it on another frequency.

The FCC issued their permit and they (FCC) will decide IF they need to move to another frequency...

Ed

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

The fact of the matter is that you cannot hear either station clearly. Sometimes if I park just right, then I can hear the KXKZ feed, but all the time, I hear both stations coming in and out.

Big Dog TXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the rough TXDAWG81's Avatar

Now I know why I can't hear the Z on the radio when I travel through Shreveport on my way to/from Ruston/Tomball. Seems like the EZ fix is to move the Christian station down the dial. Besides....how did they get a license for 107.5 in Shreveport if the Ruston signal is strong & clear there? Seems like that would significantly devalue KXKZ's market value.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Well, as bad as we are in every sport, I still want to listen to Tech sports on 107.5. That S'port station has to change. Period.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Wink Re: Radio interference --need input

you would think they would want a different number so they could be heard better. maybe they have something against country music

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAY
    you would think they would want a different number so they could be heard better. maybe they have something against country music
    They don't like all of the drinking and smoking stuff

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I am curious, where is this channel supposed to be clear. I tried to listen today- I didn't know the channel existed. All I got was a bunch of static in Bossier City.

It is suppose to clear Shreveport - west...

92.5 FM which is the Arcadia stations plays out between Haughton and Bossier on most days -

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

It seems to me that it is interfering with the KXKZ signal even between Minden and Homer.

I hope a good solution can be found.

+ Reply to Thread