+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My plan to end the BCS once and for all.

Varsity Bulldog lsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nice lsuhater's Avatar

Football My plan to end the BCS once and for all.

Dwayne’s Plan to End the BCS Forever

I am a Louisiana Tech fan, so I am left without a team to pull for during most bowl seasons. I am forced to simply become a “College Football Fan”; however, this status leaves a lot to be desired.

As most fans will agree, the last few seasons have left us wondering who the best team really is. Was it LSU or USC last year? Was it USC, Auburn, or maybe even Utah this year? The experts will say that the BCS answers that question, but I heard some of those same experts predict an Oklahoma win in the Orange Bowl. It’s time for this nonsense to end. The question needs to be answered. We pay for the tickets, the merchandise, the nachos, and donate all of the money that keep these programs going. We have the right to demand a real National Champion. The university presidents might have the vote to end the BCS, but we have the power to control this situation, and it’s SIMPLE.

If you want to see a playoff to determine the National Champion of college football you have to do four things, or should I say don’t do four things. Do not buy Nokia cell phones, Tostitos, or use FedEx or CitiBank. It’s that simple. If these four money providers see that being a part of such a ludicrous system is going to hurt them financially, do you think that they will continue pumping their advertising dollars in that direction? Will other big companies involve themselves with an organization that causes them to lose money? You know that answer.

I believe that we have the ultimate control of this fiasco. We have the power to create the system that we want. We must demand it. I am going to do my part. I will not buy Nokia, Tostitos, CitiBank or FedEx products or services until there is a playoff. In addition, I will notify these companies of my decision. This plan will only work with the involvement of everyone that calls himself a football fan. I hope you will join me in this demand.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Re: My plan to end the BCS once and for all.

You need to start a ground roots, internet campaingn and make sure they recieve a copy of the email and you MIGHT get their attention.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oledawg66
    You need to start a ground roots, internet campaingn and make sure they recieve a copy of the email and you MIGHT get their attention.
    How about killthebcs.com?

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

I'm surprised it hasn't already happened.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Until somebody beats USC, I don't want to hear ANYTHING about LSU's 2003 "mythical" national championship. USC has proven ON THE FIELD that they are the TRUE reigning champion. Last night the Trojans beat a MUCH better Oklahoma team than LSU did last year. Furthermore, USC is still winning, while LSU is on the ropes.

HD

Varsity Bulldog lsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nice lsuhater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown
    How about killthebcs.com?
    Wish I knew how to make website!

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    Until somebody beats USC, I don't want to hear ANYTHING about LSU's 2003 "mythical" national championship. USC has proven ON THE FIELD that they are the TRUE reigning champion. Last night the Trojans beat a MUCH better Oklahoma team than LSU did last year. Furthermore, USC is still winning, while LSU is on the ropes.

HD

i cant see where usc can claim that they won two in a row. last year they were left out of the title game just like auburn was this year. so if they won last year, auburn won this year. this year, they won the title game, so if they are champions, lsu was champions last year.

usc cant have it both ways.

AP national champs last year. bcsbs this year.

Puppy Junkyard Dawg is an unknown Junkyard Dawg's Avatar

HD

You're an idiot. If Oklahoma made those mistakes in a game against THIS YEARS LA Tech team, we would beat them. LSU had more of a National Championship last year as USC had this year. Just because you have "Championship Envy" don't take away from what the Tigers did last year. And hte last itme I looked, 9-2 is not on the ropes. USC cannot be the TRUE champs because there are two other undefeated teams out there, Auburn and Utah, both of which would have a good chance of beating the Trojans. They are the BSC champs though.

And besides, you can't compare 2003 Tigers to 2004 Tigers because they are both different teams, with the 04 Tigers having ALOT of star players missing.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAY
    i cant see where usc can claim that they won two in a row. last year they were left out of the title game just like auburn was this year. so if they won last year, auburn won this year. this year, they won the title game, so if they are champions, lsu was champions last year.

usc cant have it both ways.
    To hell they can't. When you whip a 12-0 Oklahoma Sooner team 55-19, you can say any damn thing you want. And the fact remains, USC is still winning and LSU is now losing.

HD

Quote Originally Posted by Junkyard Dawg
    You're an idiot. If Oklahoma made those mistakes in a game against THIS YEARS LA Tech team, we would beat them. LSU had more of a National Championship last year as USC had this year. Just because you have "Championship Envy" don't take away from what the Tigers did last year. And hte last itme I looked, 9-2 is not on the ropes. USC cannot be the TRUE champs because there are two other undefeated teams out there, Auburn and Utah, both of which would have a good chance of beating the Trojans. They are the BSC champs though.

And besides, you can't compare 2003 Tigers to 2004 Tigers because they are both different teams, with the 04 Tigers having ALOT of star players missing.
    Now you've given everybody 2 reasons to know you are a snotty little prick.

First, without being provoked, you called me an idiot, which only proves that you are personally intimidated by my overall beauty, compassionate mind and superior intellect. Compared to your "pea sized" brain, we can certainly understand the bitterness and disgust you must feel every time you look into a mirror.

Secondly, after USC's 55-19 assassination of Oklahoma, only a genuiine, certified FOOL (or a blind Auburn fan) would try to compare Auburn favorably to USC. Hell, the Auburn-VA Tech game was a snoozer. Auburn barely won. Other than Iowa's win over fast falling LSU, the Auburn-VA Tech debacle was the most boring bowl game of the season.

HD

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

To hell they can't. When you whip a 12-0 Oklahoma Sooner team 55-19, you can say any damn thing you want. And the fact remains, USC is still winning and LSU is now losing.

HD

i agree, about this year. but lsu whooped a good oklahoma team last year while usc played in the rose bowl. believe me, i hate the tiggers, but they did last year what usc did this year, tie for the best record and beat the 3rd best team in the country.

the truth is oklahoma is the pretender. they should not have been in either of the last two championship games. it should have been usc/lsu last year and usc/auburnb this year.

You guys are making my argument for me. This thread started out being how football fans need and can have a national champion. There is no greater sport on the planet than college football, well except for ky wrestling, and there is no champion. There should not be these arguments going on about who was the champ a year ago should not exist. Let's end the BCS. It's in the hands of football fans, but I don't think that there is enough passion to end this nonsense as there is to passon to argue about who was the best team in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgfood
    Well aren't you a pompous ass. Great job describing yourself with the exception of the little fact that I started this post with. You aren't always right bud so get your head out of your ass.
    And you've got a whopping 11 posts to date. So nobody listens to a worthless flamer like you anyway.

We see your kind come and go all the time.

HD

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

First, without being provoked, you called me an idiot, which only proves that you are personally intimidated by my overall beauty, compassionate mind and superior intellect. Compared to your "pea sized" brain, we can certainly understand the bitterness and disgust you must feel every time you look into a mirror.
    Visions of Superpurplecat.

+ Reply to Thread