+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Freddie Franklin = LA Tech's Reggie Bush?

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Freddie Franklin = LA Tech's Reggie Bush?

After watching what Reggie Bush did this year for USC at every position...I started to wonder if Freddie Franklin could be that type of player. I think he could have a chance.

I think we need to limit his carries at halfback to no more than 15 a game. There is no need for him to take a beating, when we have Shelton Richardson. We also need to get him more into the passing game. Put him in the slot, set him out wide...do whatever...just get him the ball. And now that Corey is gone...is anyone against putting him at punt returner?

I think if we take that mentality with him...he can become a really special player.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Re: Freddie Franklin = LA Tech's Reggie Bush?

Quote Originally Posted by rockdog
    After watching what Reggie Bush did this year for USC at every position...I started to wonder if Freddie Franklin could be that type of player. I think he could have a chance.

I think we need to limit his carries at halfback to no more than 15 a game. There is no need for him to take a beating, when we have Shelton Richardson. We also need to get him more into the passing game. Put him in the slot, set him out wide...do whatever...just get him the ball. And now that Corey is gone...is anyone against putting him at punt returner?

I think if we take that mentality with him...he can become a really special player.
    Agreed and we already should have. Especially with the WR situations we have had. He could have helped us more than we can imagine this past season.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganDawg
    Agreed and we already should have. Especially with the WR situations we have had. He could have helped us more than we can imagine this past season.
    I think that is a good idea. It also depends on his weight. Right now he really shouldnt get many more than 15 carries a game. Put about 15 to 25 pounds on him and he'll be abe to handle the punishment a lot more. Does any one know what his 40 time is?

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

Freddie Franklin good, yes.

Freddie Franklin, Reggie Bush NO!

if you look at our offense historically, most RB that we had could catch the ball very well out of the backfield and also lined up in WR slots on 4 or 5 man routes. So if you were reffering to returning Tech's style of offense back to that then ok. But with all due respect to Franklin, he's not "The President".

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bossdawg
    Freddie Franklin good, yes.

Freddie Franklin, Reggie Bush NO!

if you look at our offense historically, most RB that we had could catch the ball very well out of the backfield and also lined up in WR slots on 4 or 5 man routes. So if you were reffering to returning Tech's style of offense back to that then ok. But with all due respect to Franklin, he's not "The President".
    But in comparison with some of the WR that were on the field, Franklin could have been our Bush. I was not calling him at ALL of that talent. Just looking at who can help us...cause we all know we need it.

What about the Augusta kid we signed last season? Thomas Augusta I think?

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I am certainly not saying he is equal to Reggie Bush...but he could be our version of Bush. As much as Tech's running backs were involved in the passing game...they weren't that legitimate of a threat. John Simon was...but I think Franklin has more game breaking capability.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

How do we know that Franklin's not equal to Bush? What's his speed like? How is he at breaking tackles? Catching the ball? Frankly, we didn't see enough of him to know this. However, I think it would be safe to say that with the coaching he'll get he won't have the chance to be equal to Bush.

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Well, we can at least say that Franklin is pretty exciting to watch. With Moats gone next year, we can use all of that that we can get.

Just my opinion...

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Maybe with Moats gone, Ole conroy will mix it up some. The only problem I see is at the qb position. If we get that straightened out, we'll be alright. Anybody think Donald Allen could be used elsewhere if they once again refuse to give him a fair shot at QB. I hear he's got wheels like moats...a little light in the butt though. Just wondering.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Wasn't Franklin our top rated recruit from last year?

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Freddie practiced cathing punts a lot last year. Personally I hope we put Eric Newman back there and give him a shot. Franklin would be my #2 choice if Eric doesn't work out.

Bulldog Tech96 is an unknown Tech96's Avatar

Freddie is one of the most exciting players we have and I'd like to see the ball in his
    hands in anyway possible. He's one that has a chance to do some big things for us. He could be a Tech version of Bush. Depends on what the coaches do.

+ Reply to Thread