+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hey, HogDawg, this ones for YOU!

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

Re: Hey, HogDawg, this ones for YOU!

I sat in on a meeting on the Children's Medical Center's planning and development team and they are putting a new hospital in Plano. The growth in the area is unreal. They are projecting 2.5 million residents in Collin and Denton Counties by the year 2015.

Whether or not that ends up being beneficial for UNT remains to be seen, but its about to get crowded up here.

Big Dog DeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud of DeepGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    I will agree with you about SMU's attendance. No doubt the SMU numbers are purely bogus.

However, I routinely attend football games at JAS and Fouts Field, and the crowds are MUCH larger at Louisiana Tech than they are at UNT. For the most part, the tailgating is much bigger at Tech, and the crowd is always larger.

Now, having said that, Louisiana Tech has had terrible attendance in the LAST game of each of the past three seasons. This is when the "Tech faithful" have finally taken all they can take and given up on the season.

For example, this past season, Tech averaged over 20K through 4 home games before eventually closing the season with only 10K appearing for Tulsa in Shreveport. And it was the same the previous season in our last home game of the year against Rice, and the previous season against UTEP. A good season would change all of that.

On the other hand, UNT seems to consistently average 10K to 15K no matter what the circumstances. And that's with a UNT team that has made 4 straight bowl appearances over the past 4 years.

Much like SMU, I honestly think UNT SOMETIMES (but not always) gives "bogus" attendance numbers for their home games, especially against Sunbelt rivals. Afterall, the Sunbelt doesn't like to report that its' champion played in front of 9K at home in November.

HD
    HogDawg, our UNT's last home game was against Idaho and the attendance was 14583. Nothing to brag about, but your "9K at home in November" statement is flat wrong. We've averaged alightly over 15,000 this past season, and that's without a Baylor or TCU coming to Denton. The way we see it, NT has a "core" fan base now of 15,000 that we can count on. We haven't had that before.

I don't see attendance meaning much any more except for bragging rights among "mid-majors". BTW, what would your home attendance be in Ruston last year? You know, without the big game in Shreveport added in. And I might add, it's a smart thing to do if the NCAA keeps the 15K requirement.

Varsity Bulldog PlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the rough
    Weatherford, Texas (15 miles west of Fort Worth)

Big Grin Re: Hey, HogDawg, this ones for YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    I will agree with you about SMU's attendance. No doubt the SMU numbers are purely bogus.

However, I routinely attend football games at JAS and Fouts Field, and the crowds are MUCH larger at Louisiana Tech than they are at UNT. For the most part, the tailgating is much bigger at Tech, and the crowd is always larger.

Now, having said that, Louisiana Tech has had terrible attendance in the LAST game of each of the past three seasons. This is when the "Tech faithful" have finally taken all they can take and given up on the season.

For example, this past season, Tech averaged over 20K through 4 home games before eventually closing the season with only 10K appearing for Tulsa in Shreveport. And it was the same the previous season in our last home game of the year against Rice, and the previous season against UTEP. A good season would change all of that.

On the other hand, UNT seems to consistently average 10K to 15K no matter what the circumstances. And that's with a UNT team that has made 4 straight bowl appearances over the past 4 years.

Much like SMU, I honestly think UNT SOMETIMES (but not always) gives "bogus" attendance numbers for their home games, especially against Sunbelt rivals. Afterall, the Sunbelt doesn't like to report that its' champion played in front of 9K at home in November.

HD
    HD, make up your mind! You can't have it both ways! For someone who says he has never been to our campus, how could you have attended "ANY" games at Fouts Field? LOL!

FYI, UNT does not BS with their attendance counting; in fact, if anything, they have under-estimated the attendance at a handful of games the last 2-3 seasons.

I've been attending games at Fouts since Hayden Fry's 1'st game as the Mean Green head football coach back in the day; but this year, we had 4 of our 5 home games televised locally in the Denton/DFW area on ESPN+. That cost us fans who could pick up these TV games in other parts of Texas who would ordinarily have been at Fouts Field. And with rain for the last 2 games, why not stay home, stay dry and watch it on DFW TV? Many of our fans did which cost us probably a 17K per home game average if the truth be known.

AND FWIW, we played a full slate of SBC home games with no Big Name Teams (as in marquee) in Denton last season. Sorta' makes a difference with most schools in the non BCS now doesn't it?

Season before last we had a marquee Big 12 school in Denton that drew 30,000. Marquee name schools on our campuses make a difference at most non BCS schools whether you are annually going to bowls or not. Fact is, non BCS regular season games VS other non BSC schools usually don't draw well anywhere at any non BCS conference. We all seem to have that in common.

Again, our last 2 home games last Fall were both "televised" rain day games with an all day soaker for the last one BUT......we still had a 15K+ average of REAL BUTTS IN SEATS even with 4 out of 5 on Metroplex TV.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeepGreen
    BTW, what would your home attendance be in Ruston last year? You know, without the big game in Shreveport added in.
    I imagine we averaged about 18,000 without the "big shreveport game" added in. With the game added, it's probably like 17,000 or 16,500. I guess it was the cold that kept the national Tulsa fans from flocking to the De Ja Vu Independence Bowl.

Big Dog DeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud of DeepGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    I imagine we averaged about 18,000 without the "big shreveport game" added in. With the game added, it's probably like 17,000 or 16,500. I guess it was the cold that kept the national Tulsa fans from flocking to the De Ja Vu Independence Bowl.
    Actually, I think your average in Ruston last season was around 20,000+. I was thinking you had a marquee team in Shreveport and it boosted your average. My bad. It was Tulsa and you only had 7,000+ for that one. Dropped your average to 17,000+.

The numbers don't lie. 20,000+ in ruston is not bad at all and certainly blew past NT's 15,000" average. I have to agree:bigcry: with HogDawg on his statement that LT's attendance was much greater than NT"s. But, like I said, we feel like we now have a core of 15,000 fans that will come out regardless of who we play in Denton. TCU, Baylor, or NLU, Arkansas State.

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

The surrounding area of about say 60 miles from Ruston has a population of about 450,000 maybe. Denton has about 3 million with a 60 mile radius. I wish we had that population to draw from, so if you want to put in proportionthen Tech averages about 70,000 per game if located in the metroplex.

All BS aside, both schools have alot of work to do to get where they want to be, but you will not see any Tech fans go to a UNT forum and rub crap in your face about what facilities you have proposed to fund and build.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PlummMeanGreen
    HD, make up your mind! You can't have it both ways! For someone who says he has never been to our campus, how could you have attended "ANY" games at Fouts Field? LOL! .
    Where did you get the idea I've never been to your UNT campus? I live in McKinney, dumbass. That's what I've been telling you for several years now. I probably know as much about UNT as you do. I've been there many, many times, for various functions, and I've never stated anything otherwise.

HD

Quote Originally Posted by Bossdawg
    The surrounding area of about say 60 miles from Ruston has a population of about 450,000 maybe. Denton has about 3 million with a 60 mile radius. I wish we had that population to draw from, so if you want to put in proportionthen Tech averages about 70,000 per game if located in the metroplex.

All BS aside, both schools have alot of work to do to get where they want to be, but you will not see any Tech fans go to a UNT forum and rub crap in your face about what facilities you have proposed to fund and build.
    Bossdawg, sorry if this board thought my "facilities update" was rubbing crap in your faces. Not the intent. Not much good has developed at UNT since Hayden Fry left until the past few years since Villareal came on board, so we are all excited about what's happening at our University and want to share it with someone else. At least you guys are fun to trade barbs with and don't arbitrarily delete posts by UNT fans like the smu(spit!) board. This is a good board you know, and since NT and LT are in the race for CUSA, it's good for the competition. Please take this as a compliment.

As to your population statement, correction, Denton is within 60 miles of approximately 5 million people! Why can't we get more fans to our games you ask?
    -Cowboys
    -Mavericks
    -Rangers
    -Hockey(whatever they are called)
    -TCU
    -SMU
    -Big 12 teams
    -Looking at the SWC from the outside-we were never part of that group from the beginning
    -And lastly, past NT administrations that wasted 40-50 years in the development of a good athletic program. No vision in the past. Now we are trying to right the wrong and want everyone to know about it.

You guys are always welcome on gomeangreen.com!

Varsity Bulldog PlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by DeepGreen
    Actually, I think your average in Ruston last season was around 20,000+. I was thinking you had a marquee team in Shreveport and it boosted your average. My bad. It was Tulsa and you only had 7,000+ for that one. Dropped your average to 17,000+.

The numbers don't lie. 20,000+ in ruston is not bad at all and certainly blew past NT's 15,000" average. I have to agree:bigcry: with HogDawg on his statement that LT's attendance was much greater than NT"s. But, like I said, we feel like we now have a core of 15,000 fans that will come out regardless of who we play in Denton. TCU, Baylor, or NLU, Arkansas State.
    But Deep Green, I am afraid that SMU is not the only school that does the creative and very high estimate attendance numbers routine that we see in the Sunday sports page boxscores. I've read this board and the SMU board during recent football seasons when some of their very own posters have many times said: "We really didn't have anywhere near that many in the stadium." Most of the time they said this with shame and embarrassment.

Again that was a handful of 'Stang and Dawg posters who were merely telling the truth about what they knew was the truth. So how do you believe any non BCS school when they say they have 18,000 at the gate when they really only had (maybe) 6,000 real butts in seats.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

But Deep Green, I am afraid that SMU is not the only school that does the creative and very high estimate attendance numbers routine that we see in the Sunday sports page boxscores. I've read this board and the SMU board during recent football seasons when some of their very own posters have many times said: "We really didn't have anywhere near that many in the stadium." Most of the time they said this with shame and embarrassment.

Again that was a handful of 'Stang and Dawg posters who were merely telling the truth about what they knew was the truth. So how do you believe any non BCS school when they say they have 18,000 at the gate when they really only had (maybe) 6,000 real butts in seats.
    You heard that on this board, this year about the Shreveport game only. I personally don't care what you believe. I know that you want what we've got. Here's the problem, you'll never get it in the belt. So, enjoy.

PS:

It says alot about your confidence in your school that you're on our board telling us how great you are. Hell, you're almost as bad as the Arkansas St. guy. The fact is, you had your chance to get out of the belt, and you didn't take it. Have fun this season...then at the NO Bowl where you'll get your asses handed to you by the number 3 or 4 team in CUSA.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

So how do you believe any non BCS school when they say they have 18,000 at the gate when they really only had (maybe) 6,000 real butts in seats.

FYI, UNT does not BS with their attendance counting; in fact, if anything, they have under-estimated the attendance at a handful of games the last 2-3 seasons.

You wanna know how to believe the non-BCS school on their attendance numbers? The same way that you expect us to believe that "if anything, they have under-estimated the attendance at a handful of games the last 2-3 seasons." That has to be one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever heard. I laughed so hard I woke my son from his nap. You expect us to believe a non-BCS school is going to underestimate it's attendance figures at a time when there is legislation being passed around requiring certain attendance over so many years in order to stay in D1a, and yet you have a problem believing the majority of the posters on this board about our actual attendance numbers? What a joke you are.
    Last edited by Dirtydawg; 01-21-2005 at 08:06 PM.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bossdawg
    I don't know how that can be since 99% of Texas' mineral rights were claimed in the mid 1800's, unless UNT has a heir to the oil throne in Texas, maybe the were just decorations.
    They're right there. Interesting.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    You wanna know how to believe the non-BCS school on their attendance numbers? The same way that you expect us to believe that "if anything, they have under-estimated the attendance at a handful of games the last 2-3 seasons. That has to be one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever heard. I laughed so hard I woke my son from his nap. You expect us to believe a non-BCS school is going to underestimate it's attendance figures at a time when there is legislation being passed around requiring certain attendance over so many years in order to stay in D1a, and yet you have a problem believing the majority of the posters on this board about our actual attendance numbers? What a joke you are.
    Excellent point, DD. But remember, UNT plays in the same league as ULL, the same school that failed to print enough game tickets for a home game a few years ago. How stupid was that?

The point is, it's very important to remember that we're not talking about brain surgeons here when referring to these Sunbelt characters. So, expecting them to "count" heads is a real stretch.

HD

[QUOTE=Dirtydawg]You wanna know how to believe the non-BCS school on their attendance numbers? The same way that you expect us to believe that "if anything, they have under-estimated the attendance at a handful of games the last 2-3 seasons." That has to be one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever heard. I laughed so hard I woke my son from his nap.
    .................................................. ...........................................

Hey, the truth affects people in different ways. With you, it's a humorous response I suppose.

+ Reply to Thread