+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Classic Willie Roaf

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Classic Willie Roaf

If anyone cares, I have been able to scan my negative of Willie Roaf knocking off a Alabama player's helmet during a 1992 game in Birmingham. I have also found an old Kim Mulkey negative and put it online along with some Karl Malone shots while at Tech. Also a shot of Sonja Hogg and Leon Barmore.

Look under the T-Mo Classics gallery.
    enjoy
    www.printroom.com/pro/tmophotos

tm
    Last edited by Dawgpix; 01-11-2005 at 02:29 PM.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ BIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really nice

Re: Classic Willie Roaf

willie played for the saints in 1996! I think that would be 1991.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Actually it was Fall 1992 when we played Alabama at Legion Field.

I remember because I had tickets, but my band was touring and I couldn't make it.

Martie

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

QB was Gene Johnson, right? Did he ever go anywhere?

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Okay, I burned a few minutes of my afternoon to research.
    The quarterback in the 1992 shot of Willie Roaf is #4 Sam Hughes.
    tm

Varsity Bulldog finndawg has turned a few heads around herefinndawg has turned a few heads around herefinndawg has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix
    Okay, I burned a few minutes of my afternoon to research.
    The quarterback in the 1992 shot of Willie Roaf is #4 Sam Hughes.
    tm
    Sam Hughes, lots of raw talent in that kid, but dumb as a box of rocks.. Never came close to his potential.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Hey Dawgpix,

Can I get one of those pictures of Bicknell blown up? I don't care what size as long as it fits well on a dartboard. Actually, if you could make it a nice round shape (about 18 inches in diameter), that would be fantastic.

Varsity Bulldog beefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nice beefcakes's Avatar

Tom,

Great photo. That #80 getting his head knocked off is no scrub. That's Eric Curry 1992 unamimous All-American, UPI lineman of the year, who also finished 10th in the Heisman race.

Our All-american can whip your all American. Go Dawgs!

Quote Originally Posted by beefcakes
    Tom,

Great photo. That #80 getting his head knocked off is no scrub. That's Eric Curry 1992 unamimous All-American, UPI lineman of the year, who also finished 10th in the Heisman race.

Our All-american can whip your all American. Go Dawgs!
    In fact, I think there are about 6 or 7 NFL draft choices in that one picture.
    tm

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I attended this 1992 game in Birmingham between Alabama and Tech. DFIH and I attended the game together. Tech lost 13-0. This was also the last year that Alabama and Gene Stallings won the national championship.

This was a time when Louisiana Tech had the best DEFENSE in the world, and absolutley NO offense. Wow, have times changed.

I remember Tech trailing Bama only 6-0 late in the 3rd quarter, and getting the football on the Alabama 3-yard line via a fumble. Predictably, Tech couldn't score and walked away without any points from this turnover. That was very frustrating. Tech's offense was literally impotent.

Fittingly, All-American RB Palmer (don't remember his first name) broke the game open early in the 4th quarter with a punt return for TD. Final score was 13-0. But the Tech defense still held its' own against Bama that day.

HD

Big Dog MajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the rough MajorDad's Avatar

SoonerDawg and I were at that game as well in 1992. That was Palmers first game after serving some kind of suspension. It was a tough to watch them hold Bama to only 13 points and not even score!

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    I attended this 1992 game in Birmingham between Alabama and Tech. DFIH and I attended the game together. Tech lost 13-0. This was also the last year that Alabama and Gene Stallings won the national championship.

This was a time when Louisiana Tech had the best DEFENSE in the world, and absolutley NO offense. Wow, have times changed.

I remember Tech trailing Bama only 6-0 late in the 3rd quarter, and getting the football on the Alabama 3-yard line via a fumble. Predictably, Tech couldn't score and walked away without any points from this turnover. That was very frustrating. Tech's offense was literally impotent.

Fittingly, All-American RB Palmer (don't remember his first name) broke the game open early in the 4th quarter with a punt return for TD. Final score was 13-0. But the Tech defense still held its' own against Bama that day.

HD
    David Palmer

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

if memory serves, Curry didn't have a tackle that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86
    if memory serves, Curry didn't have a tackle that day.
    Yes. .. this game was Willie's coming out party for the NFL scouts.
    tm

+ Reply to Thread