+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Classic Willie Roaf

Varsity Bulldog lsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nice lsuhater's Avatar

Re: Classic Willie Roaf

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    I attended this 1992 game in Birmingham between Alabama and Tech. DFIH and I attended the game together. Tech lost 13-0. This was also the last year that Alabama and Gene Stallings won the national championship.

This was a time when Louisiana Tech had the best DEFENSE in the world, and absolutley NO offense. Wow, have times changed.

I remember Tech trailing Bama only 6-0 late in the 3rd quarter, and getting the football on the Alabama 3-yard line via a fumble. Predictably, Tech couldn't score and walked away without any points from this turnover. That was very frustrating. Tech's offense was literally impotent.

Fittingly, All-American RB Palmer (don't remember his first name) broke the game open early in the 4th quarter with a punt return for TD. Final score was 13-0. But the Tech defense still held its' own against Bama that day.

HD
    Here you are getting your facts wrong again Hog, Dawgs get the ball to the 4 via about a 60 yard pass from Sam Hughes to John Henry. You need to pay attention at those games you supposedly attend.

Bulldog Wade is an unknown

Re: Classic Willie Roaf

who was the South Carolina DE that said if Willie Roaf was an all-american than he an "astronaut." I think Willie shut that dude down when game day came around.

+ Reply to Thread