+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I was not aware of this.

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

I was not aware of this.

La Tech is 1-16 vs. LSU in football. We beat 'em in 1904. http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div...hp?teamid=1793

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Re: I was not aware of this.

john morgan, who was college minister at tech in the late 90's, had sweatshirts made up with a picture of the team and the score printed below. i think he had them made for everyone to wear to the cal game in shreveport in 97.

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

Here's the home page on that website. All kinds of stats to see.

http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div...tech/index.php

Before Miami this year, we had not been shut out since 1993.

Our Tech football website should have more of this sort of stuff on it. Historical stuff, past rosters, players in NFL, etc. Its had a PDF on there before, but it wasn't there when I was looking for it earlier this week.

In 6 seasons, Bick has had one winning season, one even season (this year), and four losing seasons. On the bright side, he is on an upward trend over the last three seasons (4-8, 5-7, 6-6). If that continues, next season we should be 7-5. Here's hoping that'll work. It just feels better to be optimistic.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rickeydad
    In 6 seasons, Bick has had one winning season, one even season (this year), and four losing seasons. On the bright side, he is on an upward trend over the last three seasons (4-8, 5-7, 6-6).
    and the good news is, he saved money on his car insurance by switching to geico

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Cool site!

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

"upward trend over the last three seasons (4-8, 5-7, 6-6). "

oh yeah 7-5 next year, with a weak schedule.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

I was looking at this site a while back and somehow managed to end up looking at Centenary’s football record. Yes Centenary had a football team and a pretty damn good one in the 1920s and 1930s. Overall against some notable teams they are:

Arkansas 1-3
    Arizona 2-3
    Baylor 7-5
    Boston College 1-1 (Did you know that Bicknell . . . never mind)
    Iowa 1-0
    Louisville 2-0
    Tech 9-9
    LSU 1-3
    Mississippi 3-4
    Mississippi State 1-0
    Oklahoma State 2-0
    SMU 4-2
    Texas 2-3
    Texas A&M 6-3

Where would Tech be if Centenary didn’t give up football? Could you imagine a Big XIII team in Shreveport?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg
    Where would Tech be if Centenary didn’t give up football? Could you imagine a Big XIII team in Shreveport?
    Interesting data to be sure as I had no idea that they ever sponsored a football team. That is a thought/topic that has never been mentioned on this board.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rickeydad
    In 6 seasons, Bick has had one winning season, one even season (this year), and four losing seasons. On the bright side, he is on an upward trend over the last three seasons (4-8, 5-7, 6-6).
    On the dark side, 90% of Bicknell's 2004 offense just left early for the NFL draft.

HD

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    On the dark side, 90% of Bicknell's 2004 offense just left early for the NFL draft.

HD
    Make that Conroy's offense. :icon_wink

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Actually, we discussed Centenary's record in both football and basketball on BBB about 3 years ago or whenever someone bad-mouthed the decision to play them in basketball one year. In basketball, they are just one good recruiting year from making a splash at any time! Recruits, of course, must be able to read and write!

+ Reply to Thread