+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stealth recruiting.....

Big Dog MonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: Stealth recruiting.....

Quote Originally Posted by Appledog
    Tulane is 31W & 40L (43.9% winning) under Coach Scelfo the last 6 years which is apparently the best 6 year period since 1951 (check their web site).

Tech is 33W 38L (46.5% winning) Under Coach Bicknell over the same six year span.

Tulane was blown out by Louisville 55-7 in their last game of '04 and went (5-6).

I would argue overall that during this six year period our football schedule (conference) is as tough as theirs and our OCC is definately tougher.

We all rememebr their undefeated season and our game in the superdome. I would like to play these guys year in and year out, but they don't seem inclined to want a home and home. But I don't think Tulane's football program is any better than Tech's gaging their attendance and Alumni support. Personally I think Tech's football program is equal if not better.
    I think Tech's football program is probably as good as Tulane's, but Tech is hampered by it's location. Bigtime players, year after year, just aren't going to flock to Ruston. I don't care who's grandmother thinks sitting on the porch in the piney hills is the greatest thing in the world.

Tulane got some really good skill players for a few years, and those guys carried them. Shaun King, Patrick Ramsey(how did HE get away from you guys?), Lossman, Mewelde Moore, a couple of really good WR's that I can't remember. Much like Tech did with Rattay, Edwards, Moats. Programs like Tech and Tulane HAVE to have these impact offensive weapons because they CANNOT compete in recruiting defensive athletes. Then, in the years where you can't score 50 or 60 a game, you go 5-6 or something like that.

Tulane and Tech are two totally different schools as far as education, and what each has to offer. It's apples and oranges. You could make a case for each one with just as many good and bad points as you wanted.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88
    If I had to choose between the two, I would play for Scelfo before Bicknell. I'm not a fan of either one but if I had to choose that's the way I'd go. Have you people forgotten some of the bone-head decisions on and off the field that Bicknell has made? Give me a break.
    To me that question is kind of like...gas chamber or lethal injection. They'll both lead to the same place. Scelfo is not a good coach. We don't know about his stupid comments b/c we don't follow Tulane football, but look at his record. I hate to agree with MT about something, but he's right. I think the Bicknell/Scelfo line is barely distinguishable. Come on guys, we've not fallen so low, just yet, that we have to start blowin' smoke up Tulane's a$$.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88
    Have you people forgotten some of the bone-head decisions on and off the field that Bicknell has made? Give me a break.
    No, you keep consistently reminding us.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

I see why stealth recruiting is important now. Look what is happening to NLU:

"It hasn't been a good week for ULM. The Indians lost Clear Brook defensive back Corey Sonnier to Tulane over the weekend. The latest news has Redeemer wide receiver George Lewis changing his mind and committing to UCLA. It is quite obvious why UCLA is not competing with USC. The past three years the Bruins have come into New Orleans and taken players away from state schools in Louisiana. ULM commitment Shandler Manning has signed and enrolled at USM." Zem's Gems

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Is this somebody we really wanted ??

Any chance he might change his mind ??

Has jb3 taken us down to the level that we are even getting stiffed by McNeese in recruiting now ??

Erath's Fourroux commits to McNeese

By WILLIAM WEATHERS
    wweathers@theadvocate.com
    Advocate sportswriter

McNeese State picked up a commitment Wednesday from the in-state quarterback it coveted most.

First team Class 3A All-State selection Derrick Fourroux of Erath became the Cowboys' sixth commitment following a weekend visit.

Fourroux, a 6-foot-1, 190 pounder, selected McNeese over Louisiana Tech. He also received interest from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, Nicholls State and Northwestern State.

"McNeese has been real interested for the past two years and I always felt real comfortable with the school and the coaching staff," said Fourroux, who will become the school's first football signee in 20 years.

Fourroux, a three-year starter, completed a standout career at Erath, where he accounted for 5,754 yards (3,983 passing, 1,771 rushing) and 58 touchdowns.

a.sponsor:link { font-size: 12px; font-weight: none; font-family: arial; color: black; }a.sponsor:active { font-size: 12px; font-weight: none; font-family: arial; color: black; }a.sponsor:visited { font-size: 12px; font-weight: none; font-family: arial; color: black; }a.sponsor:hover { font-size: 12px; font-weight: none; font-family: arial; color: #990000; text-decoration: none }Advertisement Fourroux, who also played defensive back, helped Erath (8-4) to the Class 3A state regionals as a senior, completing 113 of 230 passes for 1,893 yards and 18 touchdowns. He also rushed 136 times for 935 yards and 17 TDs.

Fourroux was also selected the offensive most valuable player on the Abbeville Meridional's All-Vermilion Parish team, Daily Iberian's Best of Teche team and the All-District 6-3A team. He was also a first team choice on the Lafayette Advertiser's All-Acadiana team at athlete.

"I am real excited about the opportunity to continue playing football and pursue my education," Fourroux said. "I have attended their camp for the past two summers and really felt comfortable with the campus, coaches and city of Lake Charles."

> ".......... said Fourroux, who will become the school's first football signee in 20 years."

Take that to mean Erath's first football signee in 20 years. Drove through Erath one time and thought mebbe they had misspelled the name painted on the town's water tank (Earth). Whoever originally named the town probably misspelled it then.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB
    Is this somebody we really wanted ??

Any chance he might change his mind ??

Has jb3 taken us down to the level that we are even getting stiffed by McNeese in recruiting now ??

Erath's Fourroux commits to McNeese

By WILLIAM WEATHERS
    wweathers@theadvocate.com
    Advocate sportswriter

McNeese State picked up a commitment Wednesday from the in-state quarterback it coveted most.

First team Class 3A All-State selection Derrick Fourroux of Erath became the Cowboys' sixth commitment following a weekend visit.

Fourroux, a 6-foot-1, 190 pounder, selected McNeese over Louisiana Tech. He also received interest from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, Nicholls State and Northwestern State.

"McNeese has been real interested for the past two years and I always felt real comfortable with the school and the coaching staff," said Fourroux, who will become the school's first football signee in 20 years.

Fourroux, a three-year starter, completed a standout career at Erath, where he accounted for 5,754 yards (3,983 passing, 1,771 rushing) and 58 touchdowns.

a.sponsor:link { font-size: 12px; font-weight: none; font-family: arial; color: black; }a.sponsor:active { font-size: 12px; font-weight: none; font-family: arial; color: black; }a.sponsor:visited { font-size: 12px; font-weight: none; font-family: arial; color: black; }a.sponsor:hover { font-size: 12px; font-weight: none; font-family: arial; color: #990000; text-decoration: none }Advertisement Fourroux, who also played defensive back, helped Erath (8-4) to the Class 3A state regionals as a senior, completing 113 of 230 passes for 1,893 yards and 18 touchdowns. He also rushed 136 times for 935 yards and 17 TDs.

Fourroux was also selected the offensive most valuable player on the Abbeville Meridional's All-Vermilion Parish team, Daily Iberian's Best of Teche team and the All-District 6-3A team. He was also a first team choice on the Lafayette Advertiser's All-Acadiana team at athlete.

"I am real excited about the opportunity to continue playing football and pursue my education," Fourroux said. "I have attended their camp for the past two summers and really felt comfortable with the campus, coaches and city of Lake Charles."

> ".......... said Fourroux, who will become the school's first football signee in 20 years."

Take that to mean Erath's first football signee in 20 years. Drove through Erath one time and thought mebbe they had misspelled the name painted on the town's water tank (Earth). Whoever originally named the town probably misspelled it then.
    I'm telling you, I watched him play 3 times. He is not a D-1 QB. He is a great athlete no doubt. I figured that he would be recruited as a FS or SS, maybe that is why he turned us down. We are in bad shape if we were recruiting him as QB, bad shape.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    I'm telling you, I watched him play 3 times. He is not a D-1 QB. He is a great athlete no doubt. I figured that he would be recruited as a FS or SS, maybe that is why he turned us down. We are in bad shape if we were recruiting him as QB, bad shape.
    That makes sense, Rooster.

Not to worry, bick just stiffed "Southeast Missouri and several Division II schools" to get even with McNeese ! ! ! ! !

He might not be the World's Best Coach ?? ; but, WOW, WHAT A RECRUITER ! ! ! ! !

Sports

Hinds AHS’ Divinity commits to Southern Miss

By Sean P. Murphy
    [1/21/05]Austin Divinity is set to become the latest athlete from Utica to roam the football fields at Southern Miss.

The standout defensive back, wide receiver and kick returner verbally committed to the Golden Eagles and said he will report to Hattiesburg in July.

Meanwhile, former Vicksburg High standout defensive back D’Eldrick Taylor committed to Louisiana Tech. Taylor spent the last two seasons at Hinds, where he was a standout safety. Both athletes have qualified academically.

Verbal commitments are non-binding, and players can sign on Feb. 2.

“They have a lot of seniors graduating in the secondary this year,” said Divinity, a four-year starter for the War Dawgs. “I think I can get some early playing time.”

Divinity chose Southern Miss over Ole Miss.

“They are a hard-nosed defense and I like that,” Divinity said. “I think I have a good chance to go to the (NFL) if I stay there the whole time. They have a good history of sending players to the show.”

Over the past three seasons, Divinity has thrown for 1,349 yards and 10 touchdowns, run for 2,661 yards and scored 43 touchdowns and caught five passes for 131 yards.

“They said they want to work me at defensive back, wide receiver, punt returner and kick returner,” Divinity said.

The 6-foot, 2-inch Divinity said former Utica High standout offensive lineman O’Lester Pope, who played at Southern Miss, and current assistant coach Reginald Warnsley, also a USM grad, were pleased with his decision.

“Mr. Pope said it was a good place to play football,” Divinity said.

Southern Miss finished last season 7-5 and ended the year with a New Orleans Bowl victory over North Texas.

Taylor, who signed with Southeast Missouri during his senior season at Vicksburg High, said picking Louisiana Tech was pretty simple.

“Their entire secondary is leaving,” Taylor said. “There’s a good chance I can jump right in.”

La. Tech, which plays in the pass-happy Western Athletic Conference, won Taylor’s services over Southeast Missouri and several Division II schools.

“I know the style the schools play — a lot of passing,” Taylor said. “Plus the conference has good teams like Boise State and Fresno State. They play a really tough schedule.”

The Bulldogs went 5-6 last season, including three non-conference losses to Miami, Tennessee and Auburn.

Taylor helped lead Hinds to the state championship game last season, a loss to eventual National Junior College champion Pearl River.

He played for three years at Vicksburg High and made a name for himself as a ferocious hitter in the secondary, once bending his facemask and another time breaking the crown of his helmet.

“I think I need to get a little faster,” Taylor said. “Other than that, everything is good.”

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

& THe CB from Carroll went to ULM.....

I ask the question again.....WHO R WE RECRUITING AGAINST THIS YEAR??

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

"La. Tech, which plays in the pass-happy Western Athletic Conference, won Taylor’s services over Southeast Missouri and several Division II schools."

Just when I thought the news coming out of Louisiana Tech couldn't get any worse, I see we are now recruiting Division II athletes. We told Jim Oakes and Dan Reneau that this would happen if they kept Bicknell.

HD

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

"The Bulldogs went 5-6 last season, including three non-conference losses to Miami, Tennessee and Auburn."

I thought Louisiana Tech won 6 games in 2004?

Let's see......there were wins over Nevada, ULL, Fresno State, SMU, Tulsa (Bicknell's favorite), and Rice. That's 6 wins, isn't it?

This writer (Sean P. Murphy) almost sounds as if he's trying to take "shots" at Louisiana Tech. It's not that hard to get a teams number of wins right.

HD

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    "The Bulldogs went 5-6 last season, including three non-conference losses to Miami, Tennessee and Auburn."

I thought Louisiana Tech won 6 games in 2004?

Let's see......there were wins over Nevada, ULL, Fresno State, SMU, Tulsa (Bicknell's favorite), and Rice. That's 6 wins, isn't it?

This writer (Sean P. Murphy) almost sounds as if he's trying to take "shots" at Louisiana Tech. It's not that hard to get a teams number of wins right.

HD
    Nah, that writer just knows that a win over ULL doesn't count :icon_wink

Puppy Badgerwolf is on the way downBadgerwolf is on the way down Badgerwolf's Avatar

URL for Rivals Rankings

Not sure if you guys are interested in the Rivals rankings so far, but this is the link: http://rivals100.rivals.com/teamrank...&Type=0&Sort=0
    We Are A-State!!!
    Respect All -- Fear None!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: URL for Rivals Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerwolf
    Not sure if you guys are interested in the Rivals rankings so far, but this is the link: http://rivals100.rivals.com/teamrank...&Type=0&Sort=0
    We Are Ass-State!!!
    Respect All -- Fear None!

Thanks for the link. BTW, why do you have a signature
    that slams your college?
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 01-23-2005 at 01:08 PM.

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

Re: URL for Rivals Rankings

Wait till signing day to come over here and talk crap, a$$hole. Most of those schools past yours only have 2 or 3 commitments listed, while you have 12. Once these other schools start listing their commitments ala patrick Jackson, all of those will be shooting past ass-state and you will finish close to Richmond, and you will keep getting your ass kicked as usual.

+ Reply to Thread