+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No love from CFN

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Frown No love from CFN

They've classified us as a team that will be WORSE next year, and have listed Tech in their Bottom 19.

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2...n_Bottom19.htm

Normally I take slights at Tech with a grain of salt. But the CFN writers give, in my opinion, the most balanced, unbiased college football coverage available. So, I have to say, their prediction is pretty discouraging.

Of course, VT posted their CFN preseason ranking (7th in the ACC) in the team locker room. The motivation to win respect propelled the Hokies to a BCS game.

Will our Dawgs have that kind of heart?

Champ bad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to all bad_man's Avatar

Re: No love from CFN

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967
    They've classified us as a team that will be WORSE next year, and have listed Tech in their Bottom 19.

Normally I take slights at Tech with a grain of salt. But the CFN writers give, in my opinion, the most balanced, unbiased college football coverage available. So, I have to say, their prediction is pretty discouraging.

Of course, VT posted their CFN preseason ranking (7th in the ACC) in the team locker room. The motivation to win respect propelled the Hokies to a BCS game.

No.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967

Last year they ranked us behind Rice, Tulsa and Nevada - and just ahead of UTEP. Preseason rankings are pretty worthless!

For next year, you can only say we are an UNKNOWN. I liked what Franklin did when he came into the game, and we will at least have a QB that has taken snaps in a college game (whether we go with Kubic or Allen). We could be surprisingly be better next year.

Champ bad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to all bad_man's Avatar

Not only are we ranked that low, they have us behind ULL and SMU.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

guys we were on that same list last year for gods sake.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I personally don't believe that these guys spend tons of time when ranking schools like us in conferences like ours. They look at the returning players and the players that are leaving. They saw that our offense has declared himself elligible and they said that we'd be worse...it's very understandable and it means absolutely nothing. they got VT wrong last year...I believe Auburn was number 17 last year and LSU was in the top 5 or something. So, what does it matter what they say? It doesn't matter a bit.

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

We should hope that these guys are wrong, not sure many of us can handle a zero win season. Unfortuantly I am not so sure about our administation, they would probably tell Bick that he needs to win one game the next year.

Of course they do make a good point, it is hard to be optimistic when you lose your best offensive player and 10 defensive starters

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyDawg
    Of course they do make a good point, it is hard to be optimistic when you lose your best offensive player and 10 defensive starters
    It's not as hard when you see that 4 of the defensive starters were our DB's, that actually makes me more optomistic. Sorry Corey.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    It's not as hard when you see that 4 of the defensive starters were our DB's, that actually makes me more optomistic. Sorry Corey.
    One year in a national rag, they were previewing the upcoming season and said about South Carolina or Duke or Northwestern, some team that had just gone 0-11: the good news is they have 18 starters coming back...the bad news is they have 18 starters coming back.

What they can say about Tech is: the good news is the coaching staff remains mostly intact....the bad news is......

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

But we are changing Defensive Coordinators again

Is BATES still in Ruston

+ Reply to Thread