+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Major change coming

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Major change coming

Quote Originally Posted by theinsider
    I am referring to the DC position, and who we hire.
    Unless we're moving Bicknell, to DC, or hiring someone who'll obviously replace Bicknell next year after hell freezes over and pigs fly, I don't see how this is a major change. We get a new DC every year. I got an idea, change the HC and see how that pans out. Rose will be successful elsewhere.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Unless it is a coach equivalent to or exceeding a Slocum, changing the D.C. really isn't major change. In fact I think "expected" is a better fit. At this point I wouldn't be surprised with an assistant line coach with two years of experience from Nova Scotia State who also happens to be Bicknell's second cousin to take over.

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

Who did his dad recommend this time? Please don't tease....

Do we need to go to the Barcelona Dragon Home page to see who is on his staff?

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Thanks Lee for the info.

You just have reconfirmed why things are so unstable and mediocre in our program. More changes and not because of success. If souched were moving on because of 9 win seasons and bowl appearances and conference championships, then I would be ALL for it. I don't WANT to keep a coach longer than 4 or 5 years because at the true mid-major schools it normally means NO or VERY LITTLE SUCCESS.

Same ole, same ole.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

That's a "medium" change, at best. Afterall, we've made DC changes in what....6 of the last 7 years?

Dammit, you had me excited there for a while.

HD

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Just three games into the season I posted on the recruiting forum that Rose had already let it be known he would not come back for another season. He got his fill of JBIII in a big hurry.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77
    Just three games into the season I posted on the recruiting forum that Rose had already let it be known he would not come back for another season. He got his fill of JBIII in a big hurry.
    You said this back on 9/27........

I am told that nothing has really changed. The new D coordinator is having his hands tied, just like the last one did, and he is unhappy enough about it to have already started shopping for a place to land next year.

Good call. More like a typical change.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    That's a "medium" change, at best. Afterall, we've made DC changes in what....6 of the last 7 years?

Dammit, you had me excited there for a while.

HD
    HD,
    You should know better than to get excited around here. The only thing that would make this "big" news is if we hired someone unbelievable in his place. Even then, JBIII might ruin it.

I have NEVER been more disgusted with Tech athletics than I have been lately. We miss CUSA, we have a AD that schedules game that our band can't even attend, we have a football coach that is fine with mediocracy, and we have a bball coach that can't win with the best player in the country on his team. The Lady Techsters showing some heart and representing our school well in a down year is the ONLY thing we have going.

Many of you talk about baseball. While I believe Coach S. was a good hire, he needs to produce some wins now and compete in this conference. No more middle of the road finishes. Give us something else to be proud of in this year of gloom!

Yes, this is coming from possibly the most optimistic person on this board! You know things are bad!

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

collins?

kaufman?

nfl europe guy?

the guy that is sometimes known as co-d.c.?

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

Look forward to the spin on this one by the Tech Administation.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, the line is now at 60-40 that the new DC comes from north of mason dixon line. betting is now open.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg
    You said this back on 9/27........

I am told that nothing has really changed. The new D coordinator is having his hands tied, just like the last one did, and he is unhappy enough about it to have already started shopping for a place to land next year.

Good call. More like a typical change.
    Naw - he just go tired of the worst managed, worst led by head-coach, program in the country....

We are earning a fine reputation out amongst the other players right now - just splendid...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

How is this a major change? Is this someone that can take Bicknell's place?

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg
    He said "major change". How do defensive woes and losing competent personnel fit into that category?

I think that for his statement to qualify as true, this would have to be something good for Tech.
    Rose was the one coach that was actually respected by many around Ruston. It has gotten to the point that tech football is ridiculous. Bicknell is absolutely driving the program into the ground and apparently Oaks and Reneau are going to let it happen until we are the 3rd best team in North Louisiana.

Maybe Oaks paycheck and bonus should be reduced to help fund the buy out, then maybe he will not make such a stupid hire next time.

This has gotten to the point that it is just plane embarrasing, and that does not include on the field job performance. Unfortunally job security is one thing they take real serious at Tech, unless someone above you runs you off.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JAY
    collins?

kaufman?

nfl europe guy?

the guy that is sometimes known as co-d.c.?
    Saban??????????

+ Reply to Thread