+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Average D1 Athletic Budget

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Average D1 Athletic Budget

According to Miles, President NCAA is 27 million dollars on average and if the school has a D1 football program it goes up to something like 34 million dollars average for a D1 athletic budget. We are not even close to half of the average. Very depressing info.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Re: Average D1 Athletic Budget

GOOD-the latest numbers I have are fiscal 2002. During fiscal 02, Louisiana Tech spent a grand total of $7.6 million on Athletics--38% LOWER than the next lowest in the WAC at that time, Nevada. It was 150% LOWER than the WAC leader in 02, Fresno State. I doubt much has changed since fiscal 2002 yet all of us keep beating our heads against the wall.

Big Dog Tech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really nice

Coach Slaughter,

Do you have any ideas how Tech can increase its athletic budget? I know that it is discussed alot on this board but I am interested in your opinion.

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

I am Sure that Michigandawg has plenty of ideas that have not even passed through the knuckles heads beains in the ivory tower or the tac

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

XXIX-In order to appreciably increase our athletic budget at Tech, first & foremost, there must be a COMMITMENT, a real, bonafide COMMITMENT, from the only man that matters, our President, Dr. Dan Reneau. There are a variety of ways to increase our athletic budget known to most everyone. BUT, absent a true COMMITMENT from our President, all of those solid, innovative ideas fall on totally deaf ears. I have great respect for Dr. Reneau. There is noone more COMMITTED to Tech's advancement on the academic side & much has been done in his administration to bring us to the point where academically, there's not much better around! However, and not uncommon in academicians, he does not perceive that athletics & academics fit in the university experience to give a TOTAL learning & participation experience to the college student to the profound benefit of the student as well as the university.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14
    XXIX-In order to appreciably increase our athletic budget at Tech, first & foremost, there must be a COMMITMENT, a real, bonafide COMMITMENT, from the only man that matters, our President, Dr. Dan Reneau. There are a variety of ways to increase our athletic budget known to most everyone. BUT, absent a true COMMITMENT from our President, all of those solid, innovative ideas fall on totally deaf ears. I have great respect for Dr. Reneau. There is noone more COMMITTED to Tech's advancement on the academic side & much has been done in his administration to bring us to the point where academically, there's not much better around! However, and not uncommon in academicians, he does not perceive that athletics & academics fit in the university experience to give a TOTAL learning & participation experience to the college student to the profound benefit of the student as well as the university.
    Beautifully stated.

Ya know, you really should consider running for Congress, Mickey.

HD

HD-my dear, much-respected friend, you, of all people, KNOW that my mind is addled after dealing with the "king & his court" for more than 35 years! Come to think of it, however, a slightly derangued elderly gentleman would fit right in the current United States Senate!

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Someone also needs to convince DR that, while he is doing a wonderful job on the academic side for the current student body, he also has an obligation to the alumni. A University's primary contact with its alums after they leave the roost is through its athletic department. Most of the graduates who do retain contact with their almamater will do so by attending athletic events and/or reading about them. He may be getting straight A's in math, science, and English, but right now he is failing PE.

OleD-you get nothing but AMENS from me on that analysis. Mick

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

And on another point, athletes who left/graduated and/or gone to the pros are more likely to give back to a university if they are taken care while they are at TECH. There is a lot of money that could be raised from ex-athletes who have become pros or successful businessmen and women. But a lot of these people haven't given back because of their relationship with the admin. I could give many examples, but I'm not opening that can of worms right now. I think we are missing out here, but that's just my opinion.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Thanks Mick. I just truly wish there was some way we, as a group, could get that message through to him. I just don't think he will ever get it.

Champ killerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nice killerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    Beautifully stated.

Ya know, you really should consider running for Congress, Mickey.

HD
    I'd vote for him.

Maybe he would make it illegal for ex-Tech players to support another university over Tech just because he makes a lot of money from its fans.

+ Reply to Thread