+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tim Floyd in at USC

Varsity Bulldog finndawg has turned a few heads around herefinndawg has turned a few heads around herefinndawg has turned a few heads around here

Tim Floyd in at USC

Since the only sport at Tech I care about deeply is football, I figured I would post this here. Another Dawg in Los Angeles.

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

Re: Tim Floyd in at USC

Get the hell out! I had no idea he went to Tech. This should go in my "I was not aware of that" thread. I looked him up, here's his Bio: http://www.nba.com/coachfile/tim_floyd/?nav=page

He was coaching at New Orleans when I was at Tech. Tech and UNO were usually fighting for top spot in the conference back then. Then Tommy Joe Eagles left. Then Jerry Loyd took over. Then we sucked.

Varsity Bulldog finndawg has turned a few heads around herefinndawg has turned a few heads around herefinndawg has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by Rickeydad
    Get the hell out! I had no idea he went to Tech. This should go in my "I was not aware of that" thread. I looked him up, here's his Bio: http://www.nba.com/coachfile/tim_floyd/?nav=page

He was coaching at New Orleans when I was at Tech. Tech and UNO were usually fighting for top spot in the conference back then. Then Tommy Joe Eagles left. Then Jerry Loyd took over. Then we sucked.
    You can give me positive feedback for the education.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rickeydad

I once heard Floyd on ESPN radio tell the story of how he got in with the Chicago Bulls, and it involved Tech.

Floyd was coaching at UNO when Tech had Randy White and Co. Jerry Krause came to Ruston to scout Randy White during the Tech - UNO game. UNO beat us both times we played them that year (they were in our conference at the time) even though the tallest guy on their team was 6'5". After the game Krause told Floyd that he was an excellent coach. Krause said, "You're going to coach in the NBA someday." Floyd kept in touch with Krause over the years and eventually it happened for him.

I heard him tell that story with my own ears. Floyd is a great guy and I wish him the best where ever he goes.

Those were great times to be a Dawgs fan. Even though I was only in junior high at the time, I made it to many games.

Writing this post was a little therapeutic. Thinking of the "good ole days" is kind of nice when we have a know-nothing football coach and a do-nothing president.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Did he completely back out of going to southern cal or did he just ask for more time. So much for big-time jobs. Does he have a shot at LSU?

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Aub,

I'm not sure what you are asking. Floyd got the USC job, no chance of him going to LSU.

Just another example of our great hiring decisions during the Reneau era....

When Tommy Joe Eagles took the Auburn job, Floyd was a finalist to replace him. But, we chose...(gulp)...Jerry Loyd :bigcry:

Yea, those were the days, Karl Malone lead the way and what he did speaks for itself. Randy White came in behind him and, although I only saw him play one season at Tech, he was dominating. Of course Randy made it to the NBA with Dallas and I remember he spent $2,000,000 on a gold chain the size of his head. I bet Randy wishes he still had that chain. Then came Anthony "forty ounce" Dade, the kid had a move to the bucket, but couldn't kick the booze from what I heard. Ahh the good old days..
    Last edited by finndawg; 01-15-2005 at 12:28 AM.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Yes, latest AP story says he is now in.

Varsity Bulldog CHAMP9901 is an unknown

Basketball Re: Tim Floyd in at USC

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    Yes, latest AP story says he is now in.
    He is in. Takes over on April 1st

+ Reply to Thread