+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: University Promotion

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: University Promotion

Quote Originally Posted by playdablues
    Does anyone know where Dan stands on a school of medicine or school of law? Someone correct me if I am wrong (LSUS?), but neither or these can be found in North La.

I hear the new Biomedical Engineering facility is in the planning stages. After that is finished, I'm betting Reneau will retire.
    LSUHSC-Shreveport has M.D. and M.D./Ph.D. programs.

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

I thought UT had 54K?

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

Dan is on the record as of last summer, as saying he would like to slowly build Tech to an enrollment of 15,000.

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

The key word there is SLOWLY!!!

Champ NashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the rough

I've got no problems with DR's academic vision for Tech. I like the fact that we keep rachetting up our admission standards. I wouldn't want Tech to turn into a 20k-30k state school that any idiot could get into. 12k - 15k enrollment is just fine with me. There are plenty of great athletic programs of schools that size.

DR's athletic vision (or lack there of) is another ballgame.....

Bulldog UTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by steltz
    I thought UT had 54K?
    UT just cut enrollment this year. I believe the enrollment is right at 50K, but a little bit less. It is no longer the largest university in the country, both Minneosta and ohio state had larger fall enrollments.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bossdawg
    LA Tech will never have a school of medicine or school of law unless LSU and Tulane implode into the Earth and nothing is left except the ashes.
    During one of the Jindal vs. Blanco debates the PBS/PBR moderator asked if adding a law school to the north Louisiana area was something that Louisiana needed to look into. Both candidates kind of chuckled and said that Louisiana already has plenty of law schools.

We REALLY need our own law school to compete in State government. Until we can provide our own mercenaries (lawyers), Tech will always have to take the scraps that LSU and Tulane get from the budget.

By the way, how does a private school such as Tulane receive ANY funds from the State?

+ Reply to Thread