+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any Reason To Be Excited???

Big Dog BOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the rough

Frown Any Reason To Be Excited???

I'm losing faith my fellow Tech brothers and sisters!!!!!!....As it stands now......I'm not too sure of any real reason to be excited about Bulldog football next year or anytime in the near future....Someone....anyone.....PLEASE tell me something positive to anticipate for next year or at least some kind of a change to give me hope that Louisiana Tech is doing something to strive to be more than it has become...........I'm sick of seeing Tech with a losing record and not doing anything about it.....After seeing all the coaching vacancies that came open at the end of this year because the schools were sick of losing....I can't help but to wonder why Tech was not one of them looking for another coach...

Heck....I wish Tech would make a push to get Gary Crowton back to at least be some sort of a QB coach (we need offensive help BAD!!!! and he knows how to coach the QB position and right now we have noone on staff that can coach it and no QB on the team with enough talent to develop on their own)...I mean Gary just got a buy out of several million dollars to leave BYU...so Tech might be able to get him cheaper than normal......

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Any Reason To Be Excited???

There are a couple of reasons to be excited about next year's Dawgs.

1. The schedule. Only 2 perrenial powers on the schedule (Florida and Boise St). Boise State is at home and we always play them tough at home. We actually have a chance to beat a BCS team on the road (Kansas). We get a rebuilding Hawaii at home... it will be fun to finally beat the heck out of those guys! North Texas at home....they have been running their mouths for 3 years now. Finally time to shut them up!

2. The linebackers. I'm not sure who the fourth starter will be, but Santiago, Hamilton, and Robertson are three of the better linebackers we have had at Tech and they will all be on the field at the same time. I hope our new DC believes in blitzing....that was the difference between the 03 defense and the 04 defense.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

I think T_Won has about exhausted the list. I see absolutely NOTHING to be excited about. We lost one of our best coordinator, we lost our star RB, we have a lack luster offense, our D, although improved, is still giving up a lot of scores, we still have Bicknell and company at the helm, there is no commitment from the top, etc., etc. I'll go for the social aspect, but not because I'm excited about what we have.

TDF

Champ NashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the rough

Well said, TWon. I'm excited about the sched and 'backers too. This is the type of sched that Boise has been playing for years. It's a winnable sched with some opportunites to knock off a BCS team.

Freddie Franklin getting the full-time load will be interesting.

I think we'll get to see Andre Daniels, albeit probably not at QB.

Not turning a blind eye to some things that need to be addressed, but I still think there's plenty to look forward to.

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

I've got a reason for you. In 2005 both Mango AND Bogart will be at the tailgate parties.

Given the schedule Tech is playing next year, there will be NO excuses for not winning.

Bulldog Tech96 is an unknown Tech96's Avatar

The schedule is what excites me. They have a chance to have a good season, but I have a feeling JB will mess it up anyway.

+ Reply to Thread