+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sim's Squad Shining

Champ TECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really nice TECHAJUN's Avatar

Thumbs Up Sim's Squad Shining

RUSTON, La. - Baseball practice is a week away for Louisiana Tech but the team is already hard at work in trying to complete the facility improvement that are in store for the 2005 campaign.
    The SQUAD began work on the picnic area in front of the stadium this week. A patio and picnic area will be built surrounded by a brick and wrought iron fence to enclose the area.
    "We are hoping to have all of this done before we start practice next week," said Tech head coach Wade Simoneaux.
    The chair back seating should be in place by the home opener on February 18th against Arkansas. The first four rows of the stadium will include chair back seats for the 2005 season along with chair back seats on both dugouts.
    "We are also in the process of improving our sound system at J.C. Love Field to make our baseball games a better experience for all of our fans," Simoneaux said.
    Tech opens practice on January 21st before opening the season on February 4th at McNeese state.
    Season tickets are now on sale and those interested should contact the Tech ticket office at 257-3631.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Re: Sim's Squad Shining

Quote Originally Posted by TECHAJUN
    RUSTON, La. - Baseball practice is a week away for Louisiana Tech but the team is already hard at work in trying to complete the facility improvement that are in store for the 2005 campaign.
    The SQUAD began work on the picnic area in front of the stadium this week. A patio and picnic area will be built surrounded by a brick and wrought iron fence to enclose the area.
    "We are hoping to have all of this done before we start practice next week," said Tech head coach Wade Simoneaux.
    The chair back seating should be in place by the home opener on February 18th against Arkansas. The first four rows of the stadium will include chair back seats for the 2005 season along with chair back seats on both dugouts.
    "We are also in the process of improving our sound system at J.C. Love Field to make our baseball games a better experience for all of our fans," Simoneaux said.
    Tech opens practice on January 21st before opening the season on February 4th at McNeese state.
    Season tickets are now on sale and those interested should contact the Tech ticket office at 257-3631.
    AWESOME - I plan on making 2 of the 3 games in Lake Charles against McNeese, and all games against ULL. Sim will have them ready. I really want him as our AD though, he knows how to $hit accomplished.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Big Dog WonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of light WonderDawg's Avatar

Big Grin Re: Sim's Squad Shining

I got a call last week from Coach Sim, he wanted to know if I was the Ray Rochelle that purchased a season seatback ticket. I had purchased with a credit card and did not give my address. What a coach.
    I am sure that JB would have bothered to look up my name and give me a call.
    I feel sure that coach Sim will have a winning season; however, I will support him in any event because he will WORK to get things done. And if any coach will put out that effort he will have a better than average team.
    I am looking forward to baseball season to replace the other less than average sports.
    DR & JO PLEASE DO SOMETHING RIGHT!!!!

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

so the baseball team is sprucing up the ballpark? wow, thats going beyond their duty as just being a ball player. When I hear this it gets me upset more about JO and DR...come on, at most DI schools this won't happen, the coaches job would be to coach and players is to train...what is Oakes doing here as our AD?

but way to go Sim! I nominate him as our new AD.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Let him get him to the college world series a time or two before dumping any more duties on him.

I always wonder why the athletes aren't required to do a bit of cleanup and spruce up at all the schools, including high school, little league, etc.

Too much privilege leads to messiness in the dugout and arrogant play and behavior off the field.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Aub, that is why you have Tech building and grounds.
    College athletes are required to train, play, and go to school for their scholarship not to fix up picnic areas and fencing. Congrats on the hard work though by the team but I would rather see them practice hitting their swing and work out, win a few more games this year.

I fault our admin once again...I wish we get rid of Oakes.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Coach sim is asking the players to work as a matter of pride in their program, facilities, and school. I am sure he could have raised more money and paid someone to do it but that is not what he wants to accomplish.

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg
    Coach sim is asking the players to work as a matter of pride in their program, facilities, and school. I am sure he could have raised more money and paid someone to do it but that is not what he wants to accomplish.
    Agreed. Part of the problem Tech had before Sim was the previous coach was a former Major League player who was used to everything being done for him. It's not like that in the real world. So, nothing got done. The facilities were allowed to go to crap.

Once Sim gets these major projects done, then it should be a matter of maintaining the facilities and not as much time will be required as is the case today.

Regardless, the players need to take responsibiity and "ownership" for everything about the baseball team. I think it is called "preparing them for life". Most of these guys won't be in the fantasy world of ML baseball.
    Go Tech!

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaDawg

Regardless, the players need to take responsibiity and "ownership" for everything about the baseball team. I think it is called "preparing them for life". Most of these guys won't be in the fantasy world of ML baseball.
    That is what it is all about, and that is what he is doing. I can promise you that Richard and Pricknell are not doing that.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

www.casadice.com

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Community service by college students . . . what a novel idea!! (even if it's on their own facility).
    Congratulations to the baseball coach for having a different outlook on things when it comes to student athletes and teaching them about life.
    tm
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix
    Community service by college students . . . what a novel idea!! (even if it's on their own facility).
    Congratulations to the baseball coach for having a different outlook on things when it comes to student athletes and teaching them about life.
    tm
    They do alot of community service. Something that the other coaches should take a look at.

www.casadice.com

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001
    so the baseball team is sprucing up the ballpark? wow, thats going beyond their duty as just being a ball player. When I hear this it gets me upset more about JO and DR...come on, at most DI schools this won't happen, the coaches job would be to coach and players is to train...what is Oakes doing here as our AD?

but way to go Sim! I nominate him as our new AD.
    Actually, I hear that this is the way things were done at LSU when they first started the program. It builds work ethic and pride in your program in a way that you don't get otherwise. Those are not awful things. And, I suspect the discipline of it all might "build young men" for life after baseball as well.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    They do alot of community service. Something that the other coaches should take a look at.
    They are BIG helpers with the Methodist Childrens Home -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markay714
    Actually, I hear that this is the way things were done at LSU when they first started the program. It builds work ethic and pride in your program in a way that you don't get otherwise. Those are not awful things. And, I suspect the discipline of it all might "build young men" for life after baseball as well.
    Just adding to your point, it will also help recruiting to have the nicer facilities, and it shows potential recruits the team will do whats neccesary to win. I hope Coach Sim is here for a long time, he is really a great guy

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaDawg
    Agreed. Part of the problem Tech had before Sim was the previous coach was a former Major League player who was used to everything being done for him. It's not like that in the real world. So, nothing got done. The facilities were allowed to go to crap.
    Facilities started going down hill long before the former major league player arrived.

+ Reply to Thread