+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Hey folks - is the NT/La Tech game in Shreveport or Ruston?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Hey folks - is the NT/La Tech game in Shreveport or Ruston?

Quote Originally Posted by OsageJ
    That is funny Johnny boy. La Tech talking about other teams inflating attendance. I have seen some of your games and you guys have us beat hands down with phantom fans. You do kind of remind me of the razorbacks up here..if a recruit has a better place to go and leaves you flat then he wasn't good enough to begin with. Somehow I kind of knew that would be the case. At least our men's team was drew well enough to (1) outdraw you and (2) actually play after the women as the marquee game. Nothing against your women's team or ours but I have yet to hear of that any other place but Tech. I do hope you have a good day. See ya.
    I'm sure that Sports Illustrated article about us inflating numbers will come out soon, but until it does, we'll all believe an obviously ill-informed flamer. I'm mean, who the hell knows how well your men draw because your AD "errs on the side of more".

If you think that Texas St. and ULM are better places to go than Tech, I don't think there's much help for you.

You're really making a good case for not having Tech envy. We all believe you now. You never talk about how great ASU is, you just slam tech. Why? Because you're a worthless flamer who doesn't know his ass from his elbow.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Are these Belters STILL here? My God, get a life! The only way you can be truly happy is to come on our board. Just give up the fight and become a Louisiana Tech fan. You can then join us instead of wasting your time on our board.

Just think..... You could FINALLY be accepted as a real school and be a part of a real athletic program. Come on over.... You MUST want to or you wouldn't spend all your time with us.

It is sort of like the nerd hanging out with the cool kids in school. We are offering to make you into a cool kid too, though. Really - no joke. You can be a cool kid with us. We will make you over in blue clothes and people will like you - really!

Bulldog JohnStOnge seems to have something between the earsJohnStOnge seems to have something between the earsJohnStOnge seems to have something between the earsJohnStOnge seems to have something between the earsJohnStOnge seems to have something between the earsJohnStOnge seems to have something between the earsJohnStOnge seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg
    Nobody removed your posts.
    I stand corrected. Just looked again and found it.

Bulldog JohnStOnge seems to have something between the earsJohnStOnge seems to have something between the earsJohnStOnge seems to have something between the earsJohnStOnge seems to have something between the earsJohnStOnge seems to have something between the earsJohnStOnge seems to have something between the earsJohnStOnge seems to have something between the ears

All this bluster! You guys do remember that your team, playing at home in 2004, barely escaped by the hair of its chinny chin chin from defeat at the hands of a team that finished tied for last in the Sun Belt at 2-5, don't you?

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Better than getting waxed by Southeastern....

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnStOnge
    I THINK my last post was removed. Maybe I just can't find it. I think it was pretty mild. Maybe this one will be removed too because what I'm going to type isthat, in the context of Division I-A, the WAC cannot be described as anything other than a weak conference.

This season it was ranked by both Sagarin and ARGH as the 8th strongest I-A conference (with the 8th best non conference record as well). There are only 11 I-A conferences.

8th strongest of 11 is better than 11 of 11 but it's still on the weaker end of the spectrum.

And 2004 was a good year for the WAC. By Sagarin it was rated 9th in 2001, 10th in 2002, and 10th in 2003. It's not a "good" football conference if "good" means relatively strong in the context of its Division.
    John ,
    Generally when you hear us talk about the strength of our conference we are comparing the conference to Mid-Majors. We arent throwing the WAC up against the SEC and saying we are a strong conference. I think a mid-major having 2 and sometimes 3 teams in the top-25 for the bulk of the season is better than C-USA , MAC, Belt and even Mwest usually do. I belive FSU was in the top-25 most of the year and UTEP had a good run in the top-25 with Boise of course being there all year in what most Boise fans considered a "rebuilding year". I do think amongst non-bcs conferences the WAC is generally underrated by many.

Are ya'll playing any 1A schools on next years non-conference schedule?

BTW I have found that our forum is pretty thick skinned compared to most. Now we are hard on a lot of belt posters , sometimes harder than the actual post itself might deserve but we have had a problem with belt posters coming over here for no reason whatsoever and flaming us. We generall don't post that much on their boards yet they come over here in droves sometimes. Especially UNT and for some reason MTSU?!?!?!? But as far as erasing posts goes I think our admin cuts people a lot of slack. So I doubt anyone erased it. I think our fellow WAC posters have found us to be easy to get along with when they come on this board. (except UTEP...LOL)

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnStOnge
    All this bluster! You guys do remember that your team, playing at home in 2004, barely escaped by the hair of its chinny chin chin from defeat at the hands of a team that finished tied for last in the Sun Belt at 2-5, don't you?

A W is a W! It still counts the same in the standings unless you want to give us credit for the 3 or 4 times we ALMOST beat Auburn since 1990.

Puppy OsageJ is on the way down

I just come over here and have fun with you guys. Ya'll(yeah I'm southern) are a lot like a guy that thinks he is a ladies man and all the women are laughing at him. You know silk shirt partly unbuttoned. Like some of you dress I am sure. You have such a great football team and everybody is saying how long will they even be around. Even some of you question that. Plus you insult my schools conference and I never take kindly to that so I like to be a thorn in your saddle when I can. The thing is if you just ignore me I would quit but some of you just are not smart enough to do that. You always take the bait. Again I apologize to the good guys here. See ya soon.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OsageJ
    That is funny Johnny boy. La Tech talking about other teams inflating attendance. I have seen some of your games and you guys have us beat hands down with phantom fans. You do kind of remind me of the razorbacks up here..if a recruit has a better place to go and leaves you flat then he wasn't good enough to begin with. Somehow I kind of knew that would be the case. At least our men's team was drew well enough to (1) outdraw you and (2) actually play after the women as the marquee game. Nothing against your women's team or ours but I have yet to hear of that any other place but Tech. I do hope you have a good day. See ya.
    Does McNeese even play football?

HD

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    Does McNeese even play football?

HD
    They didn't during 2004!

+ Reply to Thread