+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey folks - is the NT/La Tech game in Shreveport or Ruston?

Puppy OsageJ is on the way down

Re: Hey folks - is the NT/La Tech game in Shreveport or Ruston?

Nah it was before the brawl by joe raymond's thugs. Johnny boy..see thats what I mean...no respect for the Belt. Man it hurts. LOL. Anyway just wanted to see what it would take to get someone really ticked off. Have a good year. Seeya.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OsageJ
    Johnny boy..see thats what I mean...no respect for the Belt.
    That's where you're wrong...I've got respect for teams that are trying to better themselves and move up. That's what we're trying to do. I personally believe that the WAC is better than the belt, but it's not the end point. We're trying to get to a better place with our program and we won't be happy until we're the number 1 team in the country. It'll be a long road. The conference is just a means to an end. We've already passed the sunbelt on our journey and we're looking to the next step.

What I don't have any respect for is a person who would come on another teams board to disrespect their program. This is especially irritating when the flamer's program is inferior to the program they're criticizing. So, I don't have any respect for you. The belt is just fine by me, but it's not where we're headed. And...be honest, if you could get out and into a better conference, you would too.

PS: I found your comments about Louisiana especially tasteless and ignorant. I like Arkansas and I love Louisiana, but let's not act like one is head and shoulders above the other. They are both in the bottom 5 in the nation in many of the catagories that most folks care about (education for instance).

So, like I said, have fun with your 3 or 4 wins.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

OH MY GOD! This guy is from ARKANSAS STATE???????????????:indian_br

I was rolling on the floor laughing at just that. THEN he stated that the ul's are out recruiting us. WOW! Now, I am hysterically laughing!

He is from ARKANSAS STATE???????????????????????????

Do they even have a football team?

Varsity Bulldog PlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the rough
    Weatherford, Texas (15 miles west of Fort Worth)

Big Grin Re: Hey folks - is the NT/La Tech game in Shreveport or Ruston?

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    Two Points:

1) When was Hawaii ever in the Big West?

2) UNT didn't accept the WAC's invitation in 2004 becasue they knew the Mean Green couldn't compete. That's a fact. There's a difference between playing Arkansas State, ULM and MTSU every week versus playing Boise State, Hawaii, Fresno State and Louisiana Tech. You know it, I know it and everbody knows it.

The problem now for UNT is "where do you go from here?" The Mean Green are stuck in a crappy conference and in all likelyhood will never go anywhere further than a local bowl game trip to New Orleans. After 4 or 5 trips to the N.O. Bowl, even that will get old and the crowds will get small.

No emotion here. Just facts.

HD
    No, HD, who would ever say the bowl UNT goes to in the Big Easy would get too old when you open the bowl season on ESPN and have 4 years in a row now? Our football players "LOVE" New Orleans in a bowl setting. So have all of UNT's CUSA opponents FWIW. A longtime Cincy' athletic official wrote that their NO's Bowl experience was their best ever bowl experience. The NO's Sports Association and Ron Maestri who sponsors that bowl do a helluva' job acccording to all my friends who have been each year.

Now if I can just get to one of those NO Bowl games in the middle of a work week I will be happy. I do remember when Darrell Royal took his Texas Longhorns to the Cotton Bowl 8 years in a row and they seemed to look forward to it each year and even coming to way less tourist-oriented Dallas each year. Bowls are rewards for the football players and the TV coverage helps in recruiting. All the extra bowl practice sessions all but give your football program almost as many sessions as a football program gets in Spring Football.

And for an early Christmas present, I will buy for you "adopted' Texan Hog Dawg, a map of the western USA and show how it compares to the Southeast and Southwest USA as far as mileage differences.

Geography had more to do with our decision not to join the WAC than competion. SMU is the only Texas university I am aware that shy's away from (or just plain chickens out) when it comes to competition (especially when they sorta' feel they will get their arses beat).

They also have an inept selection committee with their now famous "Joke" Walker Award and have become the laughing stock of the Metroplex because of their chicken shi&'ness when it comes to the University of North Texas who have "ONLY" had the NCAA's leading all purpose rusher 2 years in a row now. And don't start the lesser competition card as far as Super JaMario Thomas is concerned because he "only" ran for about 250 yards against the Big 12 North champion Colorado Buffalos.

HD, you mention Boise State? UNT beat the Broncos on the gridiron in 1998 and 1999. So whats your point with that?

And no, HD, I am going to suggest to you that you don't know more about the University of North Texas than myself (as you suggested in another thread). Since history was my minor at UNT I made sure before transferring from a Houston area JUCO that I would also find out as much as possible about the school I would transfer to--and I did.
    Last edited by PlummMeanGreen; 01-20-2005 at 11:29 PM.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PlummMeanGreen
    HD, you mention Boise State? UNT beat the Broncos on the gridiron in 1998 and 1999. So whats your point with that?

And no, HD, I am going to suggest to you that you don't know more about the University of North Texas than myself (as you suggested in another thread). Since history was my minor at UNT I made sure before transferring from a Houston area JUCO that I would also find out as much as possible about the school I would transfer to--and I did.
    1998 and 1999? Are you nuts? (Of course you are, never mind!)

Hell, even Louisiana Tech was whipping Boise State back in the 90's. That doesn't mean anything TODAY! In fact, Louisiana Tech KILLED Boise State 63-28 back in 1998, so get over yourself. Tech also beat BSU as late as 2001 when we won the WAC championship.

But just in case you hadn't noticed, Boise State has IMPROVED tremendously over the last 5 years.

The bottom line is, UNT has no where to go but down. Some day one of the other Sunbelt teams will likely grow a spine and win the Sunbelt conference. When they do, the party will be over for UNT. When that happens, UNT won't even be the best school in the WORST conference in Amercia anymore.

HD

Varsity Bulldog PlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the rough
    Weatherford, Texas (15 miles west of Fort Worth)

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    1998 and 1999? Are you nuts? (Of course you are, never mind!)

Hell, even Louisiana Tech was whipping Boise State back in the 90's. That doesn't mean anything TODAY! In fact, Louisiana Tech KILLED Boise State 63-28 back in 1998, so get over yourself. Tech also beat BSU as late as 2001 when we won the WAC championship.

But just in case you hadn't noticed, Boise State has IMPROVED tremendously over the last 5 years.

The bottom line is, UNT has no where to go but down. Some day one of the other Sunbelt teams will likely grow a spine and win the Sunbelt conference. When they do, the party will be over for UNT. When that happens, UNT won't even be the best school in the WORST conference in Amercia anymore.

HD
    Yeah, Hog Dawg, we have really lost our momentum up in Mean Green Country!

UNT is on the verge of DD's best recruiting class and I know everyone in the NCAA will have a good class (as always); but DD has some "Super JaMario" type surprises again on signing date, ie, Feb. 2'nd.

UNT traditionally keeps its recruits under the radar until DD announces to the world who he has signed on national signing date. I notice TCU and a few others have started doing this "under the radar" recruiting now, too.

But you mention, uh, MOMENTUM? Just to see how much momentum you say we've lost, just check out the virtual video tour of our new 200 acre Mean Green Athletic Village (of which the $40 million Phase 1 is now 99.9% complete) so you can see for yourself just how much momentum we have lost! (HD! Are "YOU" the one who is nuts)? LOL!

The party will be over for LTU when all the (travel?) money left on the table from those who left the WAC for CUSA has run out for the Bulldogs. So in about 2 years(?), what then, Hog Dawg?!? As Ricky would ask Looooocie! "Esplain?"

IT'S ALL GREEN & IT'S ALL GOOD AT THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Have a great time in the lowest rated conference, plummeangreen. When you grow up, you can try to be just like us.

Apparently, you are infatuated with us already or you wouldn't be over here.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Dont want to take anything away from yalls friendly banter with the UNT folks ... but

The MAC has slipped below the SBC as the lowest rated conference, at least for this past season.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

The UNt game is being moved to Junction City. You can get directions off of Mapquest.

Varsity Bulldog MG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    Have a great time in the lowest rated conference, plummeangreen. When you grow up, you can try to be just like us.

Apparently, you are infatuated with us already or you wouldn't be over here.
    It's not infatuation. Visiting delusional boards is therapy for Plumm.

And why would any program want to be like Tech? You're treading water now hoping to stay afloat.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

[QUOTE=MG61]UNT schedule announced today. . . .

“We have made a concerted effort to include games with a regional interest on our future schedules,” Athletic Director Rick Villarreal said. “There is a definite appeal to our fans in playing teams within the same geographic area and this year begins what we hope will be a long relationship with teams such as Tulsa and Louisiana Tech.”/QUOTE]

Now I'm Green with envy. I sure wish our administration thought like this. I love having the option of an easy road trip for away games.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PlummMeanGreen
    Yeah, Hog Dawg, we have really lost our momentum up in Mean Green Country!

UNT is on the verge of DD's best recruiting class and I know everyone in the NCAA will have a good class (as always); but DD has some "Super JaMario" type surprises again on signing date, ie, Feb. 2'nd.

UNT traditionally keeps its recruits under the radar until DD announces to the world who he has signed on national signing date. I notice TCU and a few others have started doing this "under the radar" recruiting now, too.

But you mention, uh, MOMENTUM? Just to see how much momentum you say we've lost, just check out the virtual video tour of our new 200 acre Mean Green Athletic Village (of which the $40 million Phase 1 is now 99.9% complete) so you can see for yourself just how much momentum we have lost! (HD! Are "YOU" the one who is nuts)? LOL!

The party will be over for LTU when all the (travel?) money left on the table from those who left the WAC for CUSA has run out for the Bulldogs. So in about 2 years(?), what then, Hog Dawg?!? As Ricky would ask Looooocie! "Esplain?"
    O yeah, we saw how tough "SuperJamario" was against USM. The Golden Eagles stopped him dead cold. And I have a feeling that would happen more often if UNT ever played some real football teams outside of the Sunbelt "cupcake" league.

Your athletic village is a pipedream. So far, the only "village" in site at UNT is the village of idiots.

As for the travel, WAC haters have been saying the same nonsense about "travel" for LA Tech for the last 5 years. But so far, we're handling the travel just fine. LA Tech is still in a football conference that's UNANIMOUSLY ranked ahead of the Sunbelt, by far!!! Believe me, it certainly beats playing in the Sunbelch.

Obviously we get to settle our "recruiting differences" on the field in 2005. We'll find out then just how tough UNT and "SuperJam" really are/is. My guess is, it will be USM all over again for Jamario.

HD

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

You guys don't want to get into a war of words with these sunbelt clowns. They REALLY know how to bring the pain. If you don't believe me, just follow this discussion.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/SBCsp...ges?msg=3071.1

Warning: This is not for the faint of heart. In 5 years of reading sports message boards, this has to be the funniest thread I have ever seen. At one point, this guy Lafayette the Pirate actually called someone a "stupidhead". I think he and Osage may be the same guy.

Varsity Bulldog MG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the ears

"Your athletic village is a pipedream. So far, the only "village" in site at UNT is the village of idiots".

Yea, right. We've got dirt turning and building in progress while you guys are still trying to figure out how to get together enough nickels & dimes to get some type of video/scoreboard.

Moving day is now here

UNT AD, others set to roll into new athletic building

07:21 AM CST on Tuesday, January 18, 2005

By Brett Vito / Staff Writer

Months of work will come to fruition today for a few members of the North Texas athletic department.

Athletic director Rick Villarreal and about 20 other athletic administrators already have their offices packed and are preparing to move into UNT’s new athletic center.

The move is just the first step in the process of shifting the majority of the department into the new $7.4 million facility, a transition that is expected to be complete by the end of March.

"In my opinion, we are moving into a new period in North Texas athletics," Villarreal said. "This is a significant step for the entire program. It not only benefits the local community, it shows nationally the progress we are making."

The building will house the majority of the university’s coaches and administrators and will also contain meeting rooms, weight rooms and training facilities. The new building will represent a major upgrade over what UNT has worked with in prior years.

The athletic center was constructed using a combination of private donations and university funds. Former UNT linebacker Jim McIngvale donated $1 million towards construction costs.

Several parts of the athletic center are either done or close to complete, said assistant athletic director Brian Bethea, who helped oversee construction of the facility.

UNT officials decided to move into the new building gradually to accommodate the schedules of multiple sports. The athletic administration is moving in first so it can quickly turn its attention to hosting the Sun Belt Conference’s postseason basketball tournament on March 4-8.

The department considered rushing to move the football team into the new facility, but decided to wait until after spring practice in February.

"Coach [Darrell] Dickey likes to have spring practice early," Villarreal said. "After consulting with everyone, we felt it would be best to wait until after spring practice and recruiting to move the football team over. We can make an easy transition then."

While UNT will have to wait to move every member of the department over to the new athletic center, the initial step of moving the administration is a large one.

"We are definitely happy to get to this point," Bethea said. "There is still a little more work that needs to be done to complete some of the areas, but we are moving quickly."

UNT’s athletic administration sees the move as just the next step in the development of the program.

"This is a monumental step, but it is just one step in what we need to do as a university," Villarreal said. "We will enjoy moving in, but the day after that we will get back to work and make sure that the rest of the things that we need to do as an athletic department are on track."

[Video still needs work]

Several of UNT’s fans got a sneak peak at the athletic department’s vision for the future recently when an early version of a video detailing plans for a new football stadium were released through the Web site of the company that produced it.

UNT has begun the silent phase of a fund-raising campaign to build a new stadium adjacent to the new athletic center to replace Fouts Field. A public fund-raising campaign is expected to begin at a later date.

"It’s a very nice piece of work, but there are some things like highway access to the stadium that need to be added," Villarreal said. "We want to enhance it a little more to sell some of the other facilities we are building, not just the football stadium."

Baseball stadium on track

UNT is finalizing plans to build another facility – a new baseball stadium.

UNT has entered into an agreement to build and share a baseball field on campus with a local entry in the Texas Collegiate League, a summer collegiate baseball team. Villarreal said he has plans for the stadium and is working on finalizing the deal.

"We are looking at a facility that will seat 1,000-1,200 that we can expand to seat 6,000-8,000," Villarreal said. "We are going to build all of our facilities with the idea that we are going to grow."

Villarreal has said building a baseball facility could be the first step in reviving UNT’s varsity baseball program.

The baseball stadium is just one of several facilities that will be built by UNT in the coming months. The school is also in the process of building a new tennis facility and preparing to move into the Liberty Christian High campus.

Liberty is moving to a new campus and selling its old facilities to UNT. The school will convert the campus to provide additional athletic venues and support facilities for several of the school’s athletic teams, including soccer, softball and volleyball squads.

Public meetings to take place

UNT will reinstitute regular meetings that will allow athletic department officials to talk with fans and members of the community about their plans this spring, Villarreal said.

Villarreal held several of the meetings early in his administration, but has waited to resume the talks until UNT ironed out its plans for the new athletic center and several other facilities.

Villarreal said UNT plans on holding the first in its latest series of public meetings at 6 p.m. on Feb. 19 in the athletic center.
    Last edited by MG61; 01-21-2005 at 05:55 PM.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

MG,

Go tell somebody that cares...I really don't understand why you folks come here. I don't need to hear all about what's going on in Denton. Show me this season. Talk is cheap. You usually have pretty respectful and fair posts, but this is getting rediculous. Call off your sun belt goons and prove how much better UNT is on the field. If your program is really becoming a legit mid-major contender, I'll be able to tell when we play. Until then, give the board members that are here for the right reason a rest.

+ Reply to Thread