+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Monroe Paper's jabs at Tech

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Re: Monroe Paper's jabs at Tech

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    How does the RDL become "we"? It became "we" when posters like you accused the Monroe News Star of playing "favorites" with ULM. Specifically, your comment "The NS refuses to practice real journalism when it comes to ULM" is the best example I can think of.
    since when did criticism of the newsstar make a person a fan of the daily leader? why can't someone be equally disgusted with both papers? in all fairness, though, the ns has a much higher circulation than rdl, so they really aren't on the same level as far as journalistic prostitution. you almost expect a small town paper to tow the party line of local businesses. in a town the size of monroe, i would expect more.

Varsity Bulldog MG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    But you are an idiot, and Champ110 is not. That's the difference.

HD
    OUCH! A real bummer to be called an idiot by someone who's dumb as mud! Have a nice day {:-)!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

The wrong comparisons are being made. Tech and ULM are not like lsu and Tech. It is not like Texas and North Texas either. It is more like SMU and North Texas. SMU would not be smart to play North Texas. The reason is that in people's minds, they are on two different levels. Perception is everything. People in Texas do not think of North Texas as hardly even a 1a program. SMU, though now in a down time, built a reputation and still holds the name. Win or lose to UNT and they are thought of as in the same league by people in the Metroplex.

The same goes for us and ulm. We are ahead in prestige and they are 30 minutes away. We play them and people put us in the same catagory as them. We already have a HUGE problem with people of N. Louisiana thinking that there is lsu and below them everyone else. Right now, by being in the WAC and not playing ulm, we are thought of as somewhere in between the ulm's of the world and the lsu's of the world. I like that place for right now. I would like to be more, but we have to earn that.

As for the comments about my career. I will just say that after leading that organization and now having a consulting business and teaching, I am VERY comfortable and happy. Wouldn't trade what I built and the reputation I have in my line of work for anything in the world - including more money. So, if you truly did lead this international company of 2000 employees, good for you. You should be very proud of yourself. Hope your decisions about your competition are better than the choices you make here.

Now, back to football. These are the things to make our situation better:

FIRE the coach
    Market the program
    Make facility improvements
    Play the politics to get in CUSA

The things we should not do at this time:
    Help our 1a wannabe neighbor
    Step down in conferences

Sometimes, you have to spend some money and take some chances to grow. If the above things are not done, then we are just settling on being a local college (a ulm, if you will).

Champ killerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nice killerdawg's Avatar

Any one who thinks we haven't already distanced ourselves from ULM is pathetic.

There is nothing to prove by playing them, but for you Tech fans that think that beating the ULM's of the world will make an impression on any knowledgeable football fan, then, by all means, let's schedule them once every 7 years in Ruston, kick their ass and move on to bigger and better things.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    The wrong comparisons are being made. Tech and ULM are not like lsu and Tech. It is not like Texas and North Texas either. It is more like SMU and North Texas. SMU would not be smart to play North Texas. The reason is that in people's minds, they are on two different levels. Perception is everything. People in Texas do not think of North Texas as hardly even a 1a program. SMU, though now in a down time, built a reputation and still holds the name. Win or lose to UNT and they are thought of as in the same league by people in the Metroplex.

The same goes for us and ulm.
    The difference is that UNT would thrash SMU, while we HAVE played ULM and not that long ago (and won). I am not advocating that we play them, but I honestly don't think we lose much by doing so. It just isn't that big a deal.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

UNT has 2 good running backs and a plan that would be an economic stretch for USC (not really, but you get the point). I'm just not sure I'm ready to crown them the king of the mid-majors in Texas just because they win the suck belt every year. I'm not sure that they would "kill" SMU. I'm hoping we work their butts over next year and put an end to all this comparison, because I think it's a little premature. And, I suppose, we can mix it up with ULM once a decade or so. But, a coach that loses to ULM should be on the chopping block, no questions asked.

Big Dog WonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of light WonderDawg's Avatar

Angry Re: Monroe Paper's jabs at Tech

I surely hope that no one here thinks UNT is a pushover with the Coaches we have.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderDawg
    I surely hope that no one here thinks UNT is a pushover with the Coaches we have.
    With our coaches, West Monroe High School isn't a pushover. But, I wouldn't put UNT up there with most of our WAC competition. I believe that they have a good team, but there is no way that we should lose to them. I understand that our coaches can lose to anyone, but UNT doesn't have superior talent to ours and I have no reason (barring massive coaching error) to believe that we will lose that game.

I guess we'll see. I guess I'm not ready to take on the role of underdog to UNT just yet. I know you guys think they're great, but take a look at who they played to win the sunbelt. Take a look at what happened at the precious third straight bowl game. Over the course of this bowl season I've become quite familiar with the taste of crow, so I ain't scared. Nothing I've read about UNT or heard from their new fan club hear on this message board gives me any reason to think that we should lose. I, however, do not put anything past Bicknell, but like I said, I guess we'll see.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with you, Johnnylightnin.

I don't know of any reason why we wouldn't demolish UNT, unless our coach has another meltdown.

Oh yeah,

I forgot that UNT was like what...2 spots out of a BCS bowl. Holy crap! A team gets absolutely worked by a very mediocre Southern Miss and you'd think they're God's gift to football. You can be sure to ask MG61 where the UNT fan board is. This is rediculous! What does UNT have? A good running back that looked like an extremely mediocre freshmen in his National debut. But yeah, UNT is freakin' awesome.

And...if you don't know who tech has in the wings this season, you're probably out of place on a fan board. Freddie Franklin, Jeremy Hamilton, and Aaron Lipps are far from 3rd stringers.

Go ahead, put your money on UNT...I'm sure you'll be glad you did.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgfood
    I guess this is a cue for champion 110's drivel about being optimistic and we will win the national championship and all of his usual crap.
    Are you a Tech fan or a flamer?
    This is if you are a Tech fan:
    You need to read more of my posts. I have not been really optimistic about next year. I have been very angry that we did not do something with our coach. However, when you start talking about talent on our team, it shows that you know NOTHING about the Bulldogs. We have the talent and the ability to win a lot of games next year. I don't believe you saw any post about a National Championship from me. Beating a lowly UNT team is about like beating Tulsa, though. We SHOULD be able to pull that off. As for your comments about my "drivel", you obvioiusly don't know what being a fan is about. I LOVE Louisiana Tech. I post here because I like to remain involved with Tech. I have reached personal goals BECAUSE of my optimism, not despite it. If our Tech administration and some fans like you had even a quarter of the optimism that I have, Tech would be in a much better place today. So, it is probably time that you started evaluating why you would cut a fellow Tech fan, instead of concentrating on what needs to be done at Tech to reach the next level.

This is if you are NOT a Tech fan:
    Grow up and go to your own board. I don't need to waste my time with jealous children.

SIGNED,
    A REAL fan of Louisiana Tech

Dawgfood,
    Are you Jack Bicknell III?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

If the UNT game was the first game of the season I would feel much more confident -

But we have lost Moats and we still have Bicknell -

I don't see a walk over win on our schedule -

For all indications, this team and staff is close to cratering -

Whistle as you walk by the graveyard -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    Dawgfood,
    Are you Jack Bicknell III?
    Dawgfood is the old "qnq" poster (not the good one with the picture of Moats) that got kicked off the BB&B (by the administrators) about a month ago for spewing his racist dribble. That's why he's only got 18 posts to his credit. He came back under the new name, Dawgfood. You can tell by his writing style that it's the same idiot.

Dawgfood is NOT a Tech fan. He's a Sunbelt flamer who likes to PRETEND to be a Tech fan criticizing his own school. Really silly.

HD

+ Reply to Thread