+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruston

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Re: Ruston

Not true Dwayne. I was able to eat at Shoney's after one of the late football games this season.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Pie Works is open until 11:00. My friends and I ate there after the Fresno St. game this past football season. Chili's is also open a little later than 9, but after 11, it's huddle house. If somebody like the Dawg House or Sundown would stay open till 2 or so, they could greatly increase there revenues.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten
    Not true Dwayne. I was able to eat at Shoney's after one of the late football games this season.
    Shoney's is on my wife's "No way in hell list"....

That and Ryan's - the rat running free through the restaurant the last time we were there kinda ended the Ryan's trips...

We hit Captain D's & Waffle House before Shoney's and Ryan's...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

yeah, after eating at ryans several times, i got real tired of it. also, if you ever eat the buffet at barnyards in monroe, you will never want to go to ryans.

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg
    This needs to be passed along to Mayor Hollingsworth for a little more inspiration. I really think that Ruston has the potential to be one of the best college towns in America . . . something along the lines of Oxford, Mississippi. But we have a long way to go. Perception is reality. And right now the reality is that one of the largest papers in the country just slammed Ruston pretty hard.
    You're right on RD. As bad as it hurts this native Rustonian to say, I have to agree with the writer to a large degree. The town needs cleaning up. The movers and shakers of Ruston need to get out and visit some of the more successful small towns of the country. Ruston has potential. The rolling hills and tall pine trees are very pretty, not a wasteland as the writer thinks.
    Go Tech!

Bulldog Tech96 is an unknown Tech96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg
    This needs to be passed along to Mayor Hollingsworth for a little more inspiration. I really think that Ruston has the potential to be one of the best college towns in America . . . something along the lines of Oxford, Mississippi. But we have a long way to go. Perception is reality. And right now the reality is that one of the largest papers in the country just slammed Ruston pretty hard.
    I found a mailing address for the mayor:

Dan Hollingsworth
    401 N. Trenton, PO Box 280
    Ruston, LA 71273

Varsity Bulldog DustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to all

Yes, that is negative press, but it is press. The positive behind the article is that he proved by his focus that Louisiana Tech is a national university and should be in the consciousness of all of his readers. He expects his constituency to know exactly who we are, and that we are a university worth discussing. For a writer from Denver to spend mental energy and newsprint discussing Ruston is proof that we are, indeed, a national player.

Now the leadership in Ruston just needs to give his critique an honest look and take steps to improve upon it.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DelhiDog
    Yes, that is negative press, but it is press. The positive behind the article is that he proved by his focus that Louisiana Tech is a national university and should be in the consciousness of all of his readers. He expects his constituency to know exactly who we are, and that we are a university worth discussing. For a writer from Denver to spend mental energy and newsprint discussing Ruston is proof that we are, indeed, a national player.

Now the leadership in Ruston just needs to give his critique an honest look and take steps to improve upon it.
    Excellent observation.
    tm
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

Would I say worst college town? I don't know. Western Illinois was pretty dull.

WilMart, Huddle House. Ah the memories. Add the Texaco that served biscuites and gravy at all hours of the night.

Aside from those places we always went to Monroe, only because it was closer than Shreveport.

And on non-football game weekends, we ususally left town either for the weekend or for at least Saturday night.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

So somebody tell me if WilMart is still open. Next time I am in Ruston, I might head over there just for old time's sake.

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

Yes it is still opened and kicking Champion. They still have some of the best Daquiri's around. We went on a trip out there a few months ago. It's a bit of a drive, but well worth it.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by steltz
    Yes it is still opened and kicking Champion. They still have some of the best Daquiri's around. We went on a trip out there a few months ago. It's a bit of a drive, but well worth it.
    Very cool! Thanks! I will be making a trip out there on my next visit then. :-)

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

let me know how it went. Like I said it was a few months ago, but I am sure its still open if its been open for this many years.

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    Shoney's is on my wife's "No way in hell list"....

That and Ryan's - the rat running free through the restaurant the last time we were there kinda ended the Ryan's trips...

We hit Captain D's & Waffle House before Shoney's and Ryan's...
    But, Dwayne......

None of those are REALLY resturants. Does Ruston really have one???

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix
    Who is John Henderson?
    If he went to Grambling halftime, then he was in the "wasteland" there, too.
    tm
    I never heard of him, but from his "cutsey" little blurbs, he sounds like a "politically correct" little snot, not unlike a typical entertainment "critic".

While I have to agree with him on Ruston, he showed nothing but pure distain for anything southern or southwestern, with a few notable examples-- which really show his PCness. His remark about Texas scenery along the Austin - College Station route shows that he is either blind or just a wimpy little idiot.

+ Reply to Thread