+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WAC or Southland??

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: WAC or Southland??

Quote Originally Posted by CCSLUDGE
    Is Tech better off in the WAC (or a simular conference) or going back to a conference like the Southland.

Why in the Southland:
    I know some of the schools of the former southland are 1-AA, but is Tech better off playing in a conference like the old southland. I now live in Kansas but I always try to make a game every year and I listen to every game, but it seems like Tech only draws 20 plus for very select games at home. Back when, Tech used to always draw 30 plus for NLU(I cant call them anything but that) , Northwestern (Rally in the Alley I believe you older bulldawgs called it that), USL, Mcnesse, etc... It seems to me that no one in North LA cares to go see Tech play San Jose St, Tulsa, etc.... Which we should all support them at any game. Also in terms of the other sports it would seem more realistic to play a home and home with USL in baseball instead of Boise State. I think that it is hard to call any of the schools in the WAC rivals except Boise and Fresno.

Why in the WAC:
    Beating Alabama, Michigan State, Oklahoma State, and winning the WAC were some of the greatest moments of my life even though I was not at any of those games. I will always remember me screaming as loud as I can in Walmart in Kansas as I was listening to the game through my cell pnone as we beat Michigan State. It is fun to be playing teams like Miami, Tennesee, LSU. When we get the big payouts from playing these schools, could we afford to keep the athletic programs going without these payouts? Is the difference of travel expenses from the southland to the WAC about the same as these payouts?

We have proven we can beat the big boys, but why can't we draw the fans to the games. Why don't more people come to the games in an area in which football is king.

I personally like being in the WAC and playing the big boys in non conference games, but I live in Kansas and don't get to go to the games. Would you rather go see the Dawgs play San Jose or NLU? I think we are heading in the right direction, and with a few changes would could get to a higher level.

Let me know what your thoughts are on this.

CCSLUDGE

by the way I have a Math degree from Tech so I never learned to spell so don't hate.
    Hey CCSLUDGE, do you still beat your wife?

HD

Puppy CCSLUDGE isn't thought very highly of around hereCCSLUDGE isn't thought very highly of around hereCCSLUDGE isn't thought very highly of around here

What the hell is that suppose to mean?

Varsity Bulldog Edward_Longshanks is an unknown
    Little Rock, Arkansas (which will soon be part of the Kingdom)

The WAC is like France in 1939. Nice place. Living here serves us well. But you don't want to be here when the invasion begins and your neighbors decide collaboration is better than resistance.

There is no good in remaining in a Vichy WAC. If the chance to go shows up again, we need to take it and get on the last train heading out.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oledawg66
    Sludge - Your question is a legitimate one for a concerned Tech alumni. As was mentioned, just substitute Sunbelt for Southland. Neither conference is where any of us want to be.

KD - My reference to Vandy was intended as a comparison to DR's blind obsession to limit our enrollment (thus limiting the number of alumni available to support our almamater) and to turn Louisiana Tech into the intellectual mecca of the south while at the same time being perfectly content with the fact that we are in a decent conference but showing little interest in providing the resources, marketing, plans, etc. required for us to be anything but a middle to bottom tier member of that conference. We all know that is what is happening. I think Sludge is expressing concern about athletic decline and some of you guys want to run him out of town on a rail.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CCSLUDGE

What the hell is that suppose to mean?
    You really aren't very smart, are you?

Since you are so slow, I'll explain it to you.

The "beat your wife" question is an old political "gotcha". It's just like YOUR question about whether Tech should join the Southland conference. Both questions are stupid because neither can solicit an answer that's positive.

HD

Puppy CCSLUDGE isn't thought very highly of around hereCCSLUDGE isn't thought very highly of around hereCCSLUDGE isn't thought very highly of around here

From HD

You really aren't very smart, are you?

Since you are so slow, I'll explain it to you.

The "beat your wife" question is an old political "gotcha". It's just like YOUR question about whether Tech should join the Southland conference. Both questions are stupid because neither can solicit an answer that's positive.

HD

I am sorry I am not the brain surgeon you are. Maybe you learned that from those hard working days for the Tech Talk. You Tech Talk reporters are such the whiz kids.

Anyway, I am tired of you. I would figure you would have some input on the situation. Do you think it is good we only draw 5,000 for some of the home games? Is it all Oaks or JBIII fault that we do not draw better? What could we do to change it? Is it fair to other sports that some can not take their full team to a conference event or championship?
    CCSLUDGE

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

No, it is not good that we only draw 5000 to some home games. If i remember correctly the only really low attended games were the bitch games in Shreveport (Tulsa for example). And yes it is partly JO and JB's fault, they have failed to spur interest in football to draw more fans, money and respect. Hell if we would come up with a better theme song this year, we might accomplish something. I do have to say "right here, right now" was alot better than "a little more action" but how about something with a few more relevant lines. Let the marketing students come up with a promo, anything would be better.

The WAC serves a purpose for us now and appears to be more stable because of Boise and Fresno's recent success. Stay put for now and re-evaluate the status of the WAC in a few years because we are above the belt and CUSA.

Puppy DevilDawg0331 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDevilDawg0331 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDevilDawg0331 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDevilDawg0331 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDevilDawg0331 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDevilDawg0331 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDevilDawg0331 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time DevilDawg0331's Avatar

Eek Re: WAC or Southland??

I think no, no, no, I Know I am hearing more of the same out of everyone when it comes to what Tech should do. Why does everyone feel we should wait and see what Fresno or Boise do? Are we all so nieve to think that they are not thinking of furthering ther programs. Could they not be contimplating a move to Mountain West, after all it is pretty much the former WAC and definatly demands more respect top to bottom than the few in the WAC. And if they leave then what. I guess we will be an INDEPENDENT.

I personnaly feel this is a post to raise questions about the big picture and CC Sludge is looking for constructive feed back on not only how to further the football program but all programs. If I were on the track team and could not go to the conferance meet, but yet I have worked my ass off then what does this say to me or the recruits we are trying to get.

And for HogDUMBASS. Get off your high chair. You were a freakin TECH TALK WRITER. No CC Sludge doesn't beat his wife and a little advice for you.

Get off the computer. 2,600 post come on. There is way more to life than trying to be the end all be all. How about spending time with the kids or the wife because if you aren't then some one else probably is. ( YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN)
    Signing off from "The Matt and Pat Show"

Elory Blount

DevilDawg-0331

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

DevilDawg - That was pretty much the consensus back when we were having heated debates about our chances of getting into CUSA. That is that Fresno, Boise, Hawaii, and Nevada are all looking to jump ship the first chance they get just like SMU/Tulsa/Rice did which makes the WAC a very shaky conference for us easteners. If the WAC was stable and could pick up 2 or 3 teams in our time zone, we would still be in pretty good shape. But it is apparent that the WAC has no interest in expanding anymore into the "east."

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDawg0331
    IAnd for HogDUMBASS. Get off your high chair. You were a freakin TECH TALK WRITER. No CC Sludge doesn't beat his wife and a little advice for you.

Get off the computer. 2,600 post come on. There is way more to life than trying to be the end all be all. How about spending time with the kids or the wife because if you aren't then some one else probably is. ( YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN)
    Hey DevilDawg0331, you sound like a bitter little prick. Next time you send me a PRIVATE e-mail, at least be man enough to include your real name.

For your information, most of us have moved on to bigger and better things since our college days (e.g., your "Tech Talk" writer reference.)

Maybe you just don't like the fact that some of us have big families that love us, great jobs, excellent incomes, wonderful friends and a fantastic university that we graduated from and love to support. And to top it all off, some of us still find the time to write 2,600 posts on the BB&B over the past few years.

In other words, some of us have every thing you ever wanted but never had the smarts to obtain.

HD

Puppy DevilDawg0331 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDevilDawg0331 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDevilDawg0331 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDevilDawg0331 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDevilDawg0331 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDevilDawg0331 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDevilDawg0331 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time DevilDawg0331's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    Hey DevilDawg0331, you sound like a bitter little prick. Next time you send me a PRIVATE e-mail, at least be man enough to include your real name.

For your information, most of us have moved on to bigger and better things since our college days (e.g., your "Tech Talk" writer reference.)

Maybe you just don't like the fact that some of us have big families that love us, great jobs, excellent incomes, wonderful friends and a fantastic university that we graduated from and love to support. And to top it all off, some of us still find the time to write 2,600 posts on the BB&B over the past few years.

In other words, some of us have every thing you ever wanted but never had the smarts to obtain.

HD
    Private Message??????????????????????
    OK Buddy
    Signing off from "The Matt and Pat Show"

Elory Blount

DevilDawg-0331

Big Dog Darbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the rough

Hey DevilDawg, got your PM . Sent you one but wasn't sure it got to you. How's Matt ?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

check theses weights out, All UA's weights looks like this

+ Reply to Thread