+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I need 20 people to

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Baseball I need 20 people to

donate $100.00 or 40 people to donate $50.00.

I don't even know where to start this email...

I was in Ruston this weekend for a wedding that I was in. By the way, Ruston looked good. The rehearsal dinner and reception were both at Squire Creek. WOW! What a place. Anyway, back to my point

Upon waking up Saturday morning after a long night recalling many memories of my Tech days, a friend of mine from high school and I went to the baseball field. We watched practice for about 30 minutes from the car and then saw Coach Simoneaux and decided to go see him. Folks, he is awesome. We spent almost 3 hours w/ him. My friend graduated from LSU in 1998 and is in PA school at LSUS. He remembered Simoneaux from Gonzales when he was in charge of the youth program there. He walked away and was impressed. Impressed that a head coach spent time (almost 3 hours) w/ us away from his players, and mostly impressed w/ his vision. He was impressed w/ the players, the respect that they had for us when they met us.

He gave us a tour and showed us what was under construction. Just to let ya'll know, the baseball players and coaches are doing the work. Work meaning the pysical labor. The labor of digging 2 feet holes w/ post hole diggers, shoveling sand, spreading mulch, etc... The picnic area in the front of the stadium is underway. This will be 1st class. The chairbacks should be arriving the 1st week of February and then should be installed by the home opener. He showed us the new tractor, shovels that he bought w/ his own money, as he has bought alot of things w/ his own money. We talked about players, some that left from last year. He is very honest w/ his players. Steve Soper from Parkview Baptist in Baton Rouge is a good player. He wanted to catch every game. Simoneaux told him that he wasn't b/c his defense wasn't good enough so the kid left. That is just one example. We met probably half of the team and EVERY kid was very RESPECTFUL and very THANKFUL for what we as fans do for them. The players know what we do.

Simoneaux knows he has to win. he is pumped abot his defense. We will be very strong up the middle. We have a new 3B that is very good. He is a kid from Houston and is a gamer. I think Simoneaux is most excited about the Lorio kid from Catholic in Baton Rouge. This kid is 6'4'' and looks great. He has gained 20 pounds since arriving in the fall (but says he is getting tired of peanut butter ). Sim says he is a jewel in the rough and could possibly be our #3 starter as a true freshman. He is throwing 91 right now. This kid is focused and knows he has a chance to make it in the big leagues. A friend of mine who coaches baseball at Denham Springs coached against Lorio and says he just needed some coaching, said he is very green. The girls softball team will be using the back locker room. Sim said we only used it in the fall, but they have to use it b/c Tech won't build them one in their complex. That is really only the negative thing from my visit.

Sim is very supportive of Oakes. Says he is trying. He says Ronnie Walker is trying. So this is the deal:

I told him that his enthusiasm is contagious. He needs $3,000 to finish this project. Someone donated $1000.00 last week. I told him that I would have $2000.00 by February 1st. This will be your first tax deductible gift for 2005. Anything will help.

Simoneaux knows and I know he is on the verge of having something special there. He knows he has to win. I'm hoping for a .500 season. We didn't discuss goals for wins, but he knows he has to win and his players know that too. Man, you can tell that his players believe in him and would literally take a bullet for him. You can tell that when you talk to them. Everything is "yes sir" or "no sir" when you ask them a question. Simoneaux demands that and anything else he will not tollerate. He demands perfection from them. After his 3rd year of recruiting which will be next year is when I expect to be really good. I still think this year we are a little young but that is not an excuse and he is definately not using that as one.

I would like for the checks to all come to me so that I could mail them to him at one time, he is too busy this time of year to be getting checks every day (unless someone else has a better idea). He said to make out to:

Louisiana Tech University Foundation / Baseball

Upon receiving the $2000, I will then mail him all of the checks. When he gets the checks, you will then receive your receipt for your taxes. If anyone has a better idea, please let me know. This is a program that I KNOW is in the right direction. The baseball program needs this money. I know alot of you may have bought a chairback. This is the final $2000 needed for the project.

Bubbe Day
    118 Greenside Court
    Lafayette, LA 70508

Please email w/ any questions or suggestions on how to accomplish this so that he can have the money by February 1st. I'm hoping and praying that we (BB&B) can pull this off for him. If you talk to this guy for 10 minutes, you would know what I am talking about. He has so much energy. He has vision.

What do ya'll think?

Oh, I'm in for $100. So now we are down to 19.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Re: I need 20 people to

o.k., rooster,
    I'm in for $100.00 also.

So now we are down to 18.

Champ bulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of light bulldogfan1's Avatar

You are dead on, with exactly everything you said of coach Sim. I just purchased an outfield wall sign and family pass.

From what I understand, he still has one or two signs left, which is amazing in itself. Five years ago, Tech baseball could not give away those signs.

Coach Sim and his players are working very hard and deserve all the credit. The product on the field will come VERY soon. Trust me.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogfan1
    From what I understand, he still has one or two signs left, which is amazing in itself. Five years ago, Tech baseball could not give away those signs.
    No, but 7 years ago we sold them all...HA! But that is for another day...

Tight $, but I am in for $50 Bubbe!

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

OK guys, we have $1,500. You can donate any amount you want. $500 left. Lets go. For the guys that pledged, go ahead and mail it right away.

Thanks

Rooster
    DawgFaninHous
    nadB
    DwaynefromMinden
    Historian
    MichiganDawg
    Techajun
    Tech96
    Gooddawg
    Tulsadawg
    RXDawg
    DonW
    WonderDawg
    hoopdawg
    Dogtorevil
    Pitcherjlt
    TylerTechas
    Last edited by Rooster; 01-18-2005 at 08:13 AM.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

www.casadice.com

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

I'm in. I'll mail the check tomorrow.
    Go Tech!

Big Dog Pitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the rough Pitcherjlt's Avatar

Put me in for $100. I will mail the check in the morning.

Jeremy Telford
    owner, Dowling's Smokehouse

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in for $50.00.

Puppy South Tex Dawg is an unknown

I'm in for $100.00. Will send today.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Mailed mine today.

Varsity Bulldog bustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    donate $100.00 or 40 people to donate $50.00.

I don't even know where to start this email...

I was in Ruston this weekend for a wedding that I was in. By the way, Ruston looked good. The rehearsal dinner and reception were both at Squire Creek. WOW! What a place. Anyway, back to my point

Upon waking up Saturday morning after a long night recalling many memories of my Tech days, a friend of mine from high school and I went to the baseball field. We watched practice for about 30 minutes from the car and then saw Coach Simoneaux and decided to go see him. Folks, he is awesome. We spent almost 3 hours w/ him. My friend graduated from LSU in 1998 and is in PA school at LSUS. He remembered Simoneaux from Gonzales when he was in charge of the youth program there. He walked away and was impressed. Impressed that a head coach spent time (almost 3 hours) w/ us away from his players, and mostly impressed w/ his vision. He was impressed w/ the players, the respect that they had for us when they met us.

He gave us a tour and showed us what was under construction. Just to let ya'll know, the baseball players and coaches are doing the work. Work meaning the pysical labor. The labor of digging 2 feet holes w/ post hole diggers, shoveling sand, spreading mulch, etc... The picnic area in the front of the stadium is underway. This will be 1st class. The chairbacks should be arriving the 1st week of February and then should be installed by the home opener. He showed us the new tractor, shovels that he bought w/ his own money, as he has bought alot of things w/ his own money. We talked about players, some that left from last year. He is very honest w/ his players. Steve Soper from Parkview Baptist in Baton Rouge is a good player. He wanted to catch every game. Simoneaux told him that he wasn't b/c his defense wasn't good enough so the kid left. That is just one example. We met probably half of the team and EVERY kid was very RESPECTFUL and very THANKFUL for what we as fans do for them. The players know what we do.

Simoneaux knows he has to win. he is pumped abot his defense. We will be very strong up the middle. We have a new 3B that is very good. He is a kid from Houston and is a gamer. I think Simoneaux is most excited about the Lorio kid from Catholic in Baton Rouge. This kid is 6'4'' and looks great. He has gained 20 pounds since arriving in the fall (but says he is getting tired of peanut butter ). Sim says he is a jewel in the rough and could possibly be our #3 starter as a true freshman. He is throwing 91 right now. This kid is focused and knows he has a chance to make it in the big leagues. A friend of mine who coaches baseball at Denham Springs coached against Lorio and says he just needed some coaching, said he is very green. The girls softball team will be using the back locker room. Sim said we only used it in the fall, but they have to use it b/c Tech won't build them one in their complex. That is really only the negative thing from my visit.

Sim is very supportive of Oakes. Says he is trying. He says Ronnie Walker is trying. So this is the deal:

I told him that his enthusiasm is contagious. He needs $3,000 to finish this project. Someone donated $1000.00 last week. I told him that I would have $2000.00 by February 1st. This will be your first tax deductible gift for 2005. Anything will help.

Simoneaux knows and I know he is on the verge of having something special there. He knows he has to win. I'm hoping for a .500 season. We didn't discuss goals for wins, but he knows he has to win and his players know that too. Man, you can tell that his players believe in him and would literally take a bullet for him. You can tell that when you talk to them. Everything is "yes sir" or "no sir" when you ask them a question. Simoneaux demands that and anything else he will not tollerate. He demands perfection from them. After his 3rd year of recruiting which will be next year is when I expect to be really good. I still think this year we are a little young but that is not an excuse and he is definately not using that as one.

I would like for the checks to all come to me so that I could mail them to him at one time, he is too busy this time of year to be getting checks every day (unless someone else has a better idea). He said to make out to:

Louisiana Tech University Foundation / Baseball

Upon receiving the $2000, I will then mail him all of the checks. When he gets the checks, you will then receive your receipt for your taxes. If anyone has a better idea, please let me know. This is a program that I KNOW is in the right direction. The baseball program needs this money. I know alot of you may have bought a chairback. This is the final $2000 needed for the project.

Bubbe Day
    118 Greenside Court
    Lafayette, LA 70508

Please email w/ any questions or suggestions on how to accomplish this so that he can have the money by February 1st. I'm hoping and praying that we (BB&B) can pull this off for him. If you talk to this guy for 10 minutes, you would know what I am talking about. He has so much energy. He has vision.

What do ya'll think?

Oh, I'm in for $100. So now we are down to 19.
    Rooster, you are from Lafayette...was there really ever any doubt about Sim?

C'mon man he trained under the best. Good luck with the fund raising...

Quote Originally Posted by bustle
    Rooster, you are from Lafayette...was there really ever any doubt about Sim?

C'mon man he trained under the best. Good luck with the fund raising...
    I'm not from here, been living here about 6 months. Simoneaux has been tabbed as the best recruiter in the state by Skip bertman about 5 years ago. I know he was coaching 3rd base for ULL when they made it to the World Series and beat Clemson. I know he works his butt off, he doesn't lie, he speaks the truth no matter who it is to no matter even if you don't want hear the truth (unlike a politician). I know Coach Robichaux hated to lose him. We will see in 3 weekends when we take 2 out of 3 here in Lafayette. Hell, we may even get the brooms ready.

So to answer your question, I never doubted him. I just hope he gets a good young assistant and trains him well, b/c he won't be at Tech in 5 years. He is that good. Thanks for the Luck, you need to mail me some Cash.

www.casadice.com

+ Reply to Thread