+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any truth to the rumor...

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Any truth to the rumor...

that NLU's new library is sinking into the bayou because the engineering calcualtions failed to adequately adress the weight of the books?

I heard this second hand from a gentleman that ate dinner with his family this past weekend at a restaurant across the bayou from the library.

This is an inquiring mind that wants to know!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ dawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud of

Re: Any truth to the rumor...

I'm pretty sure it's not true ... There is a similar rumor about Wiley Tower.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

if you want I can start shooting elevations on the slab every 2 months are so to confirm or dispel the rumor ;o)

it is funny though, heard the same thing from a ulm fella just 3 days ago.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I heard about that story a year later it was opened. I don't know if it is true, but it sounds funny.

Current status: Rumor (unless someone can varify it's true)

Varsity Bulldog Tech74 is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK
    that NLU's new library is sinking into the bayou because the engineering calcualtions failed to adequately adress the weight of the books?

I heard this second hand from a gentleman that ate dinner with his family this past weekend at a restaurant across the bayou from the library.

This is an inquiring mind that wants to know!
    It's not because of the books, it's because of the pilings. The soil borings were either faked, bored in the wrong place, or struck anomolous structures. There was extensive litigation on this and there are engineers on record giving opinions. I heard that there is a shift but have no idea if this is true or not. Let science and Choudawg make the determination.

(I mean really, does anyone think they had ANY books at all????????????)

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

i didn't really think the Sponge Bob, Clifford the Big Damn Dawg and Tele'Tubby (1st through 5th edition) coloring books would weigh all that much. Must be the ulm coeds that are hanging out there looking their next date that are tipping the scales.

I missed the building being blow up this year, no way in heck I'm missing the day the library slides off into the glorified sewage ditch.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Its the numerous packs of 64 count Crayola Crayons that's adding the stress to the foundation -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

I heard at Mardi Gras last year from the structural engineer's relative that the beams holding it up are too small. It's not sinking into the ground, the floor is bowing because they forgot to add the weight of the books in the design.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

i heard they only have books on every other floor because of this. can anyone confirm that?

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Are they letting Tech engineers study this problem?
    tm
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

i heard, don't know if its true, that most of the tables in the lie'brary are outlined so folks can play paper football and ping pong on them since they're not being used for anything else. Word is, their paper football team can beat their other football team by two touchdowns on any given saturday.

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by splicer
    I heard at Mardi Gras last year from the structural engineer's relative that the beams holding it up are too small. It's not sinking into the ground, the floor is bowing because they forgot to add the weight of the books in the design.
    So ya see, it wasn't the engineers fault. He knew there wouldn't be any books there. But, someone forgot to tell him about the packs of crayons.
    Go Tech!

+ Reply to Thread