+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Tech Magazine

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Louisiana Tech Magazine

Anyone else find it odd that there was nothing about any sport nor schedule, or anything about Tech athletics in the magazine? What a great time to publicize Bulldog basketball, the techsters, baseball info. Write an article about the new sports, coach sim and the improvements as JC Love, something. At least put schedules somewhere so out of towners could pick out a game. No champs, nada.

On a side note, Brennan Easley was named the first ever Young Alumnus of the Year.

Good magazine but void of anything relating to Tech athletics.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: Louisiana Tech Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg
    Anyone else find it odd that there was nothing about any sport nor schedule, or anything about Tech athletics in the magazine? What a great time to publicize Bulldog basketball, the techsters, baseball info. Write an article about the new sports, coach sim and the improvements as JC Love, something. At least put schedules somewhere so out of towners could pick out a game. No champs, nada.

On a side note, Brennan Easley was named the first ever Young Alumnus of the Year.

Good magazine but void of anything relating to Tech athletics.
    Yeah, but for all the hunters there's an excellent feature on Duck Commander founder and former Tech QB Phil Robertson.
    tm
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Bulldog Tech96 is an unknown Tech96's Avatar

I guess the Homecoming pictures don't count. I think the Alumni Association should have info. about the different ways to contribute and some info. on how to get actively involved.

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix
    Yeah, but for all the hunters there's an excellent feature on Duck Commander founder and former Tech QB Phil Robertson.
    tm
    That reminds me. I heard Phil being interviewed on a national radio show last year. I can't remember the name of the show or much of the details. But he was pretty funny and talked about being the QB right before (and/or during) the Bradshaw years.
    Go Tech!

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

There was football schedule and info about away games on one page in the preious issue. Also, there was another page advertsiing taking the trip to Hawaii with the team.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

What kind of magazine is this? I didn't get one.

It was a really nice magazine called LT Magazine, I assume put out by the alumni center? Some great info and articles about Tech, alums, etc but there was nada about athletics, champs, no schedules, etc.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

IMHO, there shouldn't have been. I understand that the athletics program is extremely important and critical to our university, but so is the university to the athletics program.... Now you wouldn't want to read about how good the research is in the C.O.E.S. in the football program, would you?

That magazine is very important to me. It keeps me up to date on the research of my former professors. (One such article was on a project that made the cover of Linux Journal)

They had a picture of Phil doing his QB thing, and occasionally throw in a sports promotion, but I say to each it's own.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog
    What kind of magazine is this? I didn't get one.
    It's the semiannual LA Tech alumni news magazine.

Pay your alumni dues, and they'll send copies to you.

http://www.latechalumni.org/association/

https://omlatech.hostingonthemove.com/secure/dues/

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

They could have squeezed in a bit more information about Moats under his photo!
    It was an issue I would be proud to display on my desk at work right in the middle of Hog country!

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Just got the magazine a couple days ago. I thought it had some excellent articles. Of particular interest to me were the articles about the Trammels, Phil Robertson and Garland Gregory.
    Go Tech!

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

just received my magazine as well...Hale Hall looks nice, especially the inside of it...I think it adds alot to the campus...

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough

I especially enjoyed seing the old and new Hale Hall.

It was of particular interest to me as my grandmother was attending Tech in 1909 and lived in Hale, then a women's dorm, so I presume that she was one of the coeds in the line-up in the picture.

Further, although I never lived in Hale, it was a men's freshman dorm when I started in the fall of 1956. I well remember reporting to that big corner room in Hale where my head was shaved and I was issued my "Pup60" red and blue beanie.

It's amazing that they were able to demolish the thing and build the new one so the outside is virtually identical to the original!

Good to see some of that history preserved.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

THAT'S WHAT THEY DID?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

What i like to see is an article about BB&B in the magazine...this is the only Tech fan forum and it has been around a long time (back in the delphi days). Be a great article knowing how BB&B began and what type of success came out of it.

+ Reply to Thread