+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2005 FB Schedule, your thoughts?

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Re: 2005 FB Schedule, your thoughts?

No way do we beat UNT next year. They will be head and shoulders above us in a couple of years.

Champ killerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nice killerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog
    No way do we beat UNT next year. They will be head and shoulders above us in a couple of years.
    You must be from Paris, FRANCE. Or are you kin to JBIII?

Sounds like you've surrendered before the first skirmish.

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by shreveportdawg
    I was told Bicknell has to win 7 games and go to a bowl next year.
    Or what, only get a 2 year extension instead of 5.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

killerdog,

I haven't surrendered, I just know what to expect from this football coach and administration. At least UNT has a plan on where they want to go.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I'll hold off on my thoughts until I see who our DC is going to be and what we will run, however, I will say that I'm not worried about UNT's backs. I have faith that Barry Robertson will be able to negate them. Ain't that right Kat.

Oh all right, here's my thoughts. If Bicknell can get optomistic, we will give Florida all they want and beat Kansas. After that, I only see us losing to Fresno St and Nevada. I see an 8-3 record, Independence Bowl invite, and Bicknell extended to 3 more years. He will stay 2 more and have no more than 2 losses per year leaving when he is offered by LSU to replace Les.

However, if we lose big to Florida and then lose to Kansas, I only see us winning 3 or 4 games.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by NashVegasRabidK9
    UTEP should be good again too. They were a top 25 team last year.
    Whether UTEP is any good or not is a moot point since the Miners aren't on Tech's 2005 schedule.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    Don't worry, I will get in the spirit again by the end of the summer (probably by July). If it helps, I could say this:

I see 11 winnable games and 11 losable games for next year.

Much better Champ. And I will agree that we have (10) winnable games and 11 losable games. I just don't see the talent or the coaching to be able to hang with Florida.

Varsity Bulldog lsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nice lsuhater's Avatar

I don't like four straight road games to finish the season.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Be nice to hit that stretch with a winning record!

Bulldog bigjimfolsom has turned a few heads around herebigjimfolsom has turned a few heads around herebigjimfolsom has turned a few heads around here bigjimfolsom's Avatar

Guys-
    You won't have four games on the road to end the season. No team knows their schedule except for the OOC. It will resemble the schedule from last year probably.

Insert
    Idaho for UTEP
    NMSU for SMU
    USU for RICE or Tulsa

Either way the WAC will not make a month long road trip for anyone.

Jason Martin
    Univ. of Nevada

Champ killerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nice killerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lsuhater
    I don't like four straight road games to finish the season.
    They just separated OOC, home, and away games. They won't be played in the order shown.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

heylar - Look at Brad's post under Gen Sports and Conf Talk.

Big Dog Easydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the rough Easydawg's Avatar

I predict we will look okay for the first several games, except FL. Then once the season wears on, we will look terrible again, maybe squeak out a few wins against pathetic teams and lose to one or two we shoudl win. Does this sound familiar.

I heard something recently that Bicknell does not like to practice once in the season. Each NCAA team has 17 hours a week to practice, Bick is lucky to have 8 hours during the season. Can anyone comment on whether this is true?

If this is true, I see how our recievers do not catch passes, isn't repitition a good thing? how about missed tackles, more time for tackling drills? how about staying in playing condition, extra wind sprints and drills after performances like UTEP, Hawaii and even victories like Tulsa, when we did not look very good.

If not true, then chalk this up to rumors and the play on poor coaching, poor talent and lack of money! or something like that...

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Easydawg
    I heard something recently that Bicknell does not like to practice once in the season. Each NCAA team has 17 hours a week to practice, Bick is lucky to have 8 hours during the season. Can anyone comment on whether this is true?
    I've been told the same thing and alos heard that is one of the points of disagreement between him and Rose -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog Tech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    I've been told the same thing and alos heard that is one of the points of disagreement between him and Rose -
    This has been a point of contention between Bicknell and all of his assistant coaches. Jack doesn't enjoy practicing because he doesn't coach anything. If I had to go stand around and watch our guys run around everyday, and never contribute, then I would hate practice also.

+ Reply to Thread