+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matt Dunigan is...

Big Dog Tech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really nice

Matt Dunigan is...

Available. Matt ahs been fired from his duties as Head Coach and Gerneral Manager of the Calgary Stampede.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Re: Matt Dunigan is...

Quote Originally Posted by Tech XXIX
    Available. Matt ahs been fired from his duties as Head Coach and Gerneral Manager of the Calgary Stampede.
    I guess offensive coordinator and "Coach in Waiting" at his alma mater would be a bad hire (for JBIII)?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Matt Dunigan, "COME ON DOWN"! He would make a great choice I bet.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. I wish it could happen!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Why?

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

If there was any justice in the world for long-suffering Tech fans, there would be a noon press conference tomorrow introducing Dunigan as the new Special Consultant to the President for Athletics. As much as I want to see him as the AD, I know it is not going to happen. But I woulld like to see him hired as a consultant on our athletic program. If only our admin had any vision....

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

I was in Calgary/Banff in August and Matt was struggling. He had just fired the OC, so he was the GM, head coach and offensive coordinator. I had traded for a QB in the off season and them benched him after a few games and started a rookie. In addition, his play calling was under fire. Their record was 1-6 then and ended up 4-14 for the year.

Matt is a Lake Highlands (Dallas) grad so I am cheering for his success, but I don't know if he is a fit in Ruston. But it would be interesting to watch.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

I was in eastern Canada last week and in Calgary the week before Christmas; this was big news then and of course last week when it happened. I forwarded the info to Jim, who told me that they did not know yet what they were going to do for staff positions as yet. With Matt getting bought out for the last two years of his contract, he is probably in a position to come back to Ruston in a lesser capacity and be happy. I know Jim likes and respects Matt, so if there is anything that he could do, I would be willing to bet he does it.

I think with the Stampede Matt was the tied into having to work for an owner who was in over his head and wasn't willing or able to give him the tools he needed to be successful. Matt got alot of grief for hiring Trey as his special teams guy without any prior coaching experience. Apparently he was not doing so well. It is too bad we can't get Canadian football here so that we could judge for ourselves and not rely on Canucks who think that chasing a puck around some ice is God's gift to the sportsworld or that curling is a sport. It is not even a good drinking event and we all know it don't take much to have fun while you are drinking.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous
    I know Jim likes and respects Matt, so if there is anything that he could do, I would be willing to bet he does it.
    Hope springs eternal!

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous
    . . . . . who was in over his head and wasn't willing or able to give him the tools he needed to be successful.

ummm, wait, that sounds familiar.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Somebody please rehash Dunigan's history for the new and the really old around here!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    Somebody please rehash Dunigan's history for the new and the really old around here!
    Well, I don't believe Dunigan has enjoyed too much success in coaching, but he was one helluva player!

Personally, along with the obvious Terry Bradshaw and Tim Rattay, Matt Dunigan ranks right up there as the best QB in Tech history. Ah, with all due respect to the many other great QBs Tech has had. He was also MVP several times in the CFL. But, despite his lack of height, 5'11" ?, he would have done okay in the NFL too.

Dunigan, if he is truly interested, needs to break into college football coaching as a positions' coach, QB coach, and then move into an OC slot after that. He may never have what it takes to be a headcoach, but probably could be very successful as an OC.

Meanwhile, I would love to see another Matt Dunigan-quality QB in a Tech uniform very soon.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    Well, I don't believe Dunigan has enjoyed too much success in coaching, but he was one helluva player!

Personally, along with the obvious Terry Bradshaw and Tim Rattay, Matt Dunigan ranks right up there as the best QB in Tech history. Ah, with all due respect to the many other great QBs Tech has had. He was also MVP several times in the CFL. But, despite his lack of height, 5'11" ?, he would have done okay in the NFL too.

Dunigan, if he is truly interested, needs to break into college football coaching as a positions' coach, QB coach, and then move into an OC slot after that. He may never have what it takes to be a headcoach, but probably could be very successful as an OC.

Meanwhile, I would love to see another Matt Dunigan-quality QB in a Tech uniform very soon.
    When you look at who IS our coach. I'd prefer a winner of any variety who'd never even played or coach football over what we currently have. A loser attitude will always bring you what we have at best - losing.

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

All I want is a new WR coach to teach the basic fundamentals. Ever since Monken left we have SUCKED at this position.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Matt is much more qualified to lead a Louisiana Tech football team than the sorry excuse of a position coach that we have leading the troops now. However, he would make a very good QB coach or a better OC than we have right now.

I believe that he was a position coach at a small college (maybe Valdosta St). He was commentating for the Canadian Football League broadcasts before he was picked to be head coach and gm. He didn't do so well as the head guy, but if we hired him to help get our offense back on track, he would be a tremendous asset for recruiting, especially in east Texas/DFW areas.He could also help get a dialouge started with former players again, that would, in my opinion, be extremely important.

DFiH

+ Reply to Thread