+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tech mentioned during AFC champ game

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Tech mentioned during AFC champ game

Quote Originally Posted by killerdawg
    He'll always be known for not being able to beat Fla. That's also why he didn't win the Heisman.

I pulled for Peyton against Brady. I hope Brady loses in the SB.

But, thus far, Brady's a winner and Peyton's not. It's that simple.
    I responded to the statement that Brady was the best QB in the NFL...that's just not true. If winning makes you a great QB along the lines of the reasoning I've heard on this thread, then Trent Dilfer is a great QB and Dan Marino is not. That is the epitomy of foolishness.

PS: He'll also always be known for breaking the NFL single season TD record...if I had to be known for that combo, I'd take it.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

I'm certain Billichek wouldn't trade Brady for Manning.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    I'm certain Billichek wouldn't trade Brady for Manning.
    That's a good factual argument.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    That's a good factual argument.
    it is most likely factual, but i don't think it is a good argument. you'd have to be insane to trade a quarterback who has won you multiple superbowls for another, even if the other is a hundred times better. bellichick and the patriots have found a combination that wins championships. you can't mess with that chemistry. but if i had to pick a quarterback for my team and manning and brady were both available, i would pick manning 10 times out of ten.

I can understand that. I too would pick Manning over Brady (even though I'm not a huge fan of either one). I wonder how good they'll be next year when they lose both coordinators...they'll probably win the freakin' superbowl just cause I'll be cheering against them.

Champ killerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nice killerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    PS: He'll also always be known for breaking the NFL single season TD record...if I had to be known for that combo, I'd take it.
    "always" could end next year.

I suspect Marino would have traded that record for one SB victory.

Now he has neither.

Quote Originally Posted by killerdawg
    "always" could end next year.

I suspect Marino would have traded that record for one SB victory.

Now he has neither.
    So it's true? Dilfer is above Marino in the greatness catagory because his team put up a whopping 13 points ont he way to a superbowl win? That's something. I guess Brad Johnson is practically Steve Young.

And, Manning's career isn't nearly over. With his numbers, you'll see his name close to the top for career TD's as well by the end of things. But, we're all entitled to our opinions. In my opinion, Brady and Manning aren't even in the same league as far as talent. Now, when you look at championships, Manning is on the outside looking in...for now.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

the colts (not manning) need to figure out a way to score on new england. once they do, they will be unstoppable.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

IMO Tom Brady is closer to a Joe Montana than he is a Trent Dilfer. I also think he will outplay the "great" Donovan McNabb and the Pats will win the Super Bowl... :sleeping3 again... 45-10

Of course, I love the way the Pats play defense. I'm a defense-junky! And that wins championships. But, take nothing away from Brady. The Steelers, playing at home, was the top, or near the top, defense in the NFL.. and Brady and the Pats scored how many??? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Varsity Bulldog UpNorthDawg is just really niceUpNorthDawg is just really niceUpNorthDawg is just really niceUpNorthDawg is just really niceUpNorthDawg is just really niceUpNorthDawg is just really niceUpNorthDawg is just really niceUpNorthDawg is just really niceUpNorthDawg is just really nice UpNorthDawg's Avatar

I will be interested to see how NE does with Weis and Crenell, more than likely goin to Cleveland, leaving. Bellichik had some good players when he was in Cleveland but couldnt get it done. Although former owner Art Modell didn't help matters either. Sorry though, I've been a Brownies fan my whole life and just airing some grievences. Charile and Romeo are 2 of the best minds on both sides of the ball in the league. Which is why they are both getting HC jobs.

+ Reply to Thread