+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Radio Broadcasts?

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: Radio Broadcasts?

Update:

Rooster - $40
    DFM - $40
    Tech77 - $25
    Jay - $25
    iamtgohf - $40
    Sooner - $40
    Techajun -- $40
    PitcherJLT - $40
    johnnylightnin - $25
    DJDAWG - $40
    zharkins - $25
    DawgFanInHous - $40

Total pledged -- $420
    Amount still needed -- $580.
    Last edited by Tech77; 01-25-2005 at 11:13 AM.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

You people are as bad as my kids............ I'll give $40.

Let me know when to mail it. If I can make it out of the poor house to the post office, I am good for it.

DFiH

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

I'm in for $100

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Wow,

We're almost half-way there and this thread hasn't been up for 2 hours. Somebody needs to get Jim a screen name so he can see how quickly people will give when they know they are giving to a good cause.

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

Check this out, BBBhas already pledged or given over $2000 to Baseball and Softball in one week. Lets say this goes on for 1 year (52 weeks) Hypothetically, with our advertising and marketing skills we could give $104,000 dollars per year to teach as a group. Now this is about 25% of all Champs donations last year. I am no brain surgeon (close), but JO is an idiot.

BTW I'm in for 50.

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar

Don't worry. They keep a close eye on what goes on this board.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg04
    Don't worry. They keep a close eye on what goes on this board.
    What? Says who? Who does?
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

I pledge a minimum of $25 and will bump it up if/when we hit the $2500 goal for the new backstop for the softball team.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I believe we're up to $595, needing $405.

I'll update the list this afternoon.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Count me in for $40.00

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous
    You people are as bad as my kids............ I'll give $40.

Let me know when to mail it. If I can make it out of the poor house to the post office, I am good for it.

DFiH
    Man, ain't that the truth. Put me down for $50.
    Go Tech!

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

I'm good for $50.

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

Just think what could be accomplished if the administrators sent a mass e-mail to all of the members of BB&B asking for support. Many people don't check the site everyday and are not informed.

Update:

Rooster - $40
    DFM - $40
    Tech77 - $25
    Jay - $25
    iamtgohf - $40
    Soonerdawg - $40
    TECHAJUN - $40
    Pitcherjlt - $40
    johnnylightnin - $25
    DJDAWG - $40
    zharkins - $25
    DawgFanInHous - $40
    Bossdawg - $50
    shreveportdawg - $100
    TulsaDawg - $50
    TylerTechsas - $40
    nadB - $25
    Designated Hitter - $50
    Dawgpix - $50

Total pledged -- $785
    Still needed -- $215
    Last edited by Tech77; 01-25-2005 at 04:19 PM.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shreveportdawg
    Just think what could be accomplished if the administrators sent a mass e-mail to all of the members of BB&B asking for support. Many people don't check the site everyday and are not informed.
    ShreveportDawg,

You hit the nail on the head. I started to begin a new thread called "WHY I GIVE", where I wanted to say something about what you touched on. I will try to articulate it here in the thread, if I may:

I see these little projects that the BB&B people come up with i.e. the Johnny Ray Fence (debatable about the orgin, but that is not my intent), the software last year for the basketball coach, the baseball/softball projects this week and now the baseball broadcasts. Sure I am interested in making sure these projects get funded, but I could give to Champs and say I was done. I could also get very turned off by having posters virtually scream in my face about not having an X by my name and therefore I am not a fan, like so many people did just this week with one post. No, I see these posts asking for help and I also know how the administration feels about this board and the people who run it(or at least some of them) and I want to change some minds. Imagine the power that a board like this could have if they embraced it and even became a part of it. Imagine the revenue source.

If we continue to be an avenue where the coaches come for help, the alumni comes for information, and the dollars are initiated, then the administration has to change their tune about the advantage of using a media source like the BB&B. They may even embrace it someday, who knows. $10,000 here for a fence, $1000 for this little project or that, advertisiment for baseball games, etc.; we become a nice revenue stream that they did not have before. They can actually ask 1000 people to give with one e-mail, rather than wait on 3 or 4 people that they would have to beg.

If I can help with my small checks, then I am making a difference at Louisiana Tech, very indirectly, but a difference. That is what we all want and that is how this fund raising can evolve, if we all give a little. I realize, not everyone has that much discretionary income for every project and they are coming fast and furious, but thanks to guys like Rooster, Dwayne, Jay, et al who actually pledge our support on behalf of all of us, we will turn some heads in Ruston. Someday, I hope.

There is my small tirade. I hope everyone apprciates these small projects and gives what they can, if they can. Every little bit helps.

DFiH

+ Reply to Thread