+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We are about $400 short

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

We are about $400 short

If you havent donated to baseball or softball yet, please consider giving to softball. We only need a few more donations and we will be through. This is a worthwhile project and the team has already told me numerous times that they appreciate what we are doing.

Anything you can give will help. Thanks.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Re: We are about $400 short

here is what others are saying:

"softball is truely a sport that is suffering under this AD and Pres. There were glory days but we are FAR removed from those. I know for an absolute fact that a deal was made for a new score board serveral years ago by an assistant I am very close to. There was going to be near zero cost to Tech for the upgrade from that 1950's scoreboard that they have now. The AD shot it down. This isn't the only sport suffering under Mr Oakes, just one I'm closer to. (M-I-C K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E)" - Choudawg

"Just another sport where we are not keeping up with the "Joneses" ??

We are not even close to being on the map in softball, at least, not yet.
    Our facilities need a MAJOR upgrade so we can attract some additional talent.
    A new brick backstop would be (at least) a start in the right direction.
    And, this is something we (alumni) can actually get accomplished.

Make checks out to Louisiana Tech University Foundation - Softball.

Send them to:

Jason Jones
    P.O. Box 576
    Ruston, LA71273" - nadb

"My 9-year old daughter loves Tech softball. We haven't missed a home game in three seasons. I would be great if we could really support the girls this year.

Put the first home game on your calendar: March 9 at 4pm. They will be playing several out-of-town tournaments between now and then." - roughedge

"Some of you all are diehards that have NOT helped out with the projects for Softball and Baseball and now radio for Baseball.

Get on it now so we can meet the Softball goal and Baseball radio goal.

If you have donated DO NOT POST HERE, only those who have NOT that will PLEASE join with us." - MichiganDAWG

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I guess I can pay my doctor bills later. They don't need the money anyway, right? Besides, it would be sort of crappy of me not to give since I did start up the softball team at the High School where I taught.

Dirtydawg and Vettewrecker-$100.00

Check in the mail today.

thanks dirty and vette!

we are now over $2125 in 8 days:

jay - 100
    michigandawg - 50
    choudawg - 100
    dwayne - 50
    nadb - 100
    pitcherjlt - 50-100
    TulsaDawg - 100
    private - 25-50
    Don Beasley - 100
    Sallie Beasley - 100
    Mr. and Mrs. William Fowler - 100
    Eunice Fowler - 100
    Rooster
    Sean Cangelosi
    oledawg66 - 50
    RXDawg - 25-50
    DogfaninHous - 100
    MMDawg - 100
    Tech96 - 100
    Dchi72 - 50-100
    TechCajun - 50
    atobulldog - 25
    cal&ken - 50
    roughedge - 200
    Jeff and Linda Elson - 300
    DirtyDawg and VetteWrecker - 100

We are getting closer to our goal, lets try to finish it out by the end of the week!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

$25 in honor of my wife's cousin's wife. (You think I'd do it in Choudawg's honor?!?!?!)tm
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Yeah, you would think that . . . . .

Look, you know and I know, you have a grandson that will one day be at tech dating one of those Softball girls/hotties. Its an investment in the future.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

All I can say is your net worth went up with your "investment". How she said "yes" I'll never know!!!!!:icon_wink

tm

thanks DawgPix!

we are now over $2150 in 8 days:

jay - 100
    michigandawg - 50
    choudawg - 100
    dwayne - 50
    nadb - 100
    pitcherjlt - 50-100
    TulsaDawg - 100
    private - 25-50
    Don Beasley - 100
    Sallie Beasley - 100
    Mr. and Mrs. William Fowler - 100
    Eunice Fowler - 100
    Rooster
    Sean Cangelosi
    oledawg66 - 50
    RXDawg - 25-50
    DogfaninHous - 100
    MMDawg - 100
    Tech96 - 100
    Dchi72 - 50-100
    TechCajun - 50
    atobulldog - 25
    cal&ken - 50
    roughedge - 200
    Jeff and Linda Elson - 300
    DirtyDawg and VetteWrecker - 100
    Dawgpix - 25

We are getting closer to our goal, lets try to finish it out by the end of the week!

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix
    All I can say is your net worth went up with your "investment". How she said "yes" I'll never know!!!!!:icon_wink

tm
    Good looks and charm will get you far . .. . of course I had to rely on my wit and good luck since I didn't have the other two to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86
    Good looks and charm will get you far . .. . of course I had to rely on my wit and good luck since I didn't have the other two to offer.

tm

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAY
    here is what others are saying:

"softball is truely a sport that is suffering under this AD and Pres. There were glory days but we are FAR removed from those. I know for an absolute fact that a deal was made for a new score board serveral years ago by an assistant I am very close to. There was going to be near zero cost to Tech for the upgrade from that 1950's scoreboard that they have now. The AD shot it down. This isn't the only sport suffering under Mr Oakes, just one I'm closer to. (M-I-C K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E)" - Choudawg

"Just another sport where we are not keeping up with the "Joneses" ??

We are not even close to being on the map in softball, at least, not yet.
    Our facilities need a MAJOR upgrade so we can attract some additional talent.
    A new brick backstop would be (at least) a start in the right direction.
    And, this is something we (alumni) can actually get accomplished.

Make checks out to Louisiana Tech University Foundation - Softball.

Send them to:

Jason Jones
    P.O. Box 576
    Ruston, LA71273 "

"My 9-year old daughter loves Tech softball. We haven't missed a home game in three seasons. I would be great if we could really support the girls this year.

Put the first home game on your calendar: March 9 at 4pm. They will be playing several out-of-town tournaments between now and then." - roughedge

"Some of you all are diehards that have NOT helped out with the projects for Softball and Baseball and now radio for Baseball.

Get on it now so we can meet the Softball goal and Baseball radio goal.

If you have donated DO NOT POST HERE, only those who have NOT that will PLEASE join with us." - MichiganDAWG
    bump

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    I guess I can pay my doctor bills later. They don't need the money anyway, right? Besides, it would be sort of crappy of me not to give since I did start up the softball team at the High School where I taught.

Dirtydawg and Vettewrecker-$100.00

Check in the mail today.
    I admire folks who know how to properly prioritize their spending. :icon_wink

if you are waiting on tax refund checks, go ahead and pledge, i will wait on your check. just make sure and file as soon as u can :icon_wink .

if u dont think $2,500 is enough to complete the project, well go ahead and donate and give us a chance. i just sent out over 80 letters and emails to non bbbers and i will send out a lot more when i get a list of past donors from sarah tomorrow. i plan on going well over the $2,500 that we raise on this board so sarah can buy whatever she needs.

and i WILL drop the bricks off in the front parking lot right by the stands so they will have to do something with them.
    I want to get to $2,500 by saturday and I promise to quit asking. We just need a few more pledges.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

I just sent an anonymous donation in the amount of $50.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I'm in for $25.00. It's in the mailbox as we speak.
    Last edited by johnnylightnin; 01-28-2005 at 12:47 PM.

+ Reply to Thread