+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $6,000 RAISED in a little of a week -

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

$6,000 RAISED in a little of a week -

By this board - for capital expenditures for baseball and softball and radio sponsorship for baseball -

Those of ya'll who contributed deserve a big PAT on the back and thank you -

And a special thanks to Rooster, Joey and Jay for heading up the respective projects -

Whether certain people like or not BB&B does make a difference and they do deliver when called up on...

Thanks again -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Re: $6,000 RAISED in a little of a week -

I had a thought this morning.

With all the talk of a separate foundation, which doesn't appear to be happening. Why not talk directly to coaches and come up with a wish list of things we could do or provide funding for and start raising money for them. We could pick a sport to help out each year or every six months and raise money to go towards doing what isn't being done anywhere else.
    The only drawback I see is that most of the time it is the same people giving and not too much outside of those people. A lot of people have washed their hands on this board of giving and this could be a way to make sure your money is well spent and goes to making TECH athletics better and what we all want them to be.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

dwayne, have the moderators thought about collecting fees to be an "inside dawg" with access to the recruiting folder? i would pay $60 every 6 months for that. if 100 people did that we would raise $12,000 a year and we could vote to decide where the funds were spent.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

I can see a fee, but $120 a year I feel is a bit steep. $5 / month or $50 / year may be the way to go.

I want to offer my congratulations to those that stepped up to the plate. I sell and gain sponsors / ticket holders on a daily basis and know the challenges of FUNdrasing. Thanks to all of those who do help and have helped in the past. There are many things we can do together, but nothing can happen when we are divided.

Have a great day all!

Big Dog Tech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really nice

Dwayne,

This is just proof that if you give people some idea of what their money is going towards, then they will give what they can.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

"I can see a fee, but $120 a year I feel is a bit steep. $5 / month or $50 / year may be the way to go."

you are probably right. you might set it a little higher but give student discounts to our "informants" who are still in school.

how many people have access to the recruiting folder?

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAY
    "I can see a fee, but $120 a year I feel is a bit steep. $5 / month or $50 / year may be the way to go."

you are probably right. you might set it a little higher but give student discounts to our "informants" who are still in school.

how many people have access to the recruiting folder?
    213 with 9 pending requests for membership.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JAY
    dwayne, have the moderators thought about collecting fees to be an "inside dawg" with access to the recruiting folder? i would pay $60 every 6 months for that. if 100 people did that we would raise $12,000 a year and we could vote to decide where the funds were spent.
    I LOVE this idea.

I wish we could supplement Dave Nitz's income. I paid $99 for ESPN gameplan on-line but listened to Dave for free over the internet. That just seems wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan
    213 with 9 pending requests for membership.

222 x 50= 11,100

222 x 60= 13,320

i know u would lose members, but it would be a good way to coordinate our fundraising.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

We've always taken pride in being able to offer ya'll a "FREE" board that basically operated off of the posters generosity -

And we've always thought of the "RECRUITING SECTION" as a perk to our most loyal posters and users -

Having a "fee" for that perk would be something us administrators would have to look long and hard at before doing -

Personally - I don't think that is the best avenue to persue right now for fund raising efforts for projects -

But I'm always willing to listen to what the other administrators want to do and mainly what the USERS of the board would like to do -

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

I'm for it. Whether it's $50 or $100.
    Go Tech!

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

I guess I am a turdbag since I haven't given any money yet. I have only been 'spot reading' the board lately, so someone tell me what to do, what it is going to, and I will send someone a check.

Still alittle short of the goal for softball -

Check our Jay's post on how much they need and where to send it to -

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    Personally - I don't think that is the best avenue to persue right now for fund raising efforts for projects -
    I know that you don't think a separate athletic foundation is the way to go right now. Thus, I can see that you wouldn't particularly be in favor of a "membership" fee for certain sections of this board. I suppose that if we were to do something like what was being purposed, we would automatically be a separate athletic foundation (by definition). Do you think we would see beefed up opposition from the administration if we were to do something like this? If we can't do something of this nature, would it be wrong to have some sort of discretionary (pardon my spelling) fund that members could give to when they could afford it? The point of this fund being that we would have money at our fingertips in case someone needed it fast. I guess my thinking is that the coaches would know who to call when the administration is putting the screws to them.

Whatever we do, I'm very proud of how we've raised money for folks who needed and deserved it.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten
    I guess I am a turdbag since I haven't given any money yet. I have only been 'spot reading' the board lately, so someone tell me what to do, what it is going to, and I will send someone a check.
    Makes you feel guilty a little bit doesn't it.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

+ Reply to Thread