+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Moats' Draft Position

Varsity Bulldog techfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nice techfreak's Avatar

Football Ryan Moats' Draft Position

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/rankings/rb.html

This guy has him at #8 on the running back chart. What do you guys think?

He's ahead of J.J. Arrington. He's ahead of Clarret, Gore, and Sproles. Not bad for a kid who only really played for 1.5 years.

I hope he goes to a good team in a decent round of the draft.

TF

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Re: Ryan Moats' Draft Position

I just can't wait to see him return kick'offs or punts. He'll break some ankles if given the chance.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Without combine results, I think these draft position predicitons are pretty useless. I think Ryan will have a good chance to move up a few spots with a real good combine.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Wishom is #34 under CB. Ashame he didn't get to play the entire season or he may have ended up getting drafted instead of going FA.

I see where Van Hoy has fallen out of this site's list for DT.

A. Gonzales OT is not on it either (but I don't think he ever was).

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

This is Scott Wright's breakdown of Ryan Moats. He does a pretty good job besides the fact that Ryan is only a junior and not a senior.

Strengths: Was extremely productive...Good athletic ability...Runs with good power...Quick and shifty...Can make people miss...Always a threat to go the distance...Great character...Hard worker who never quits.
    Weaknesses: Doesn't have great size...Has battled some nagging injuries but played through them...Didn't have a chance to catch the ball much in college...Upside could be limited in the pros due to his frame and build.
    Notes: Came through with a monster senior season on his way to being named the WAC Player of the Year...Wasn't highly recruited but really made a name for himself...Exciting player who has everything you look for except size.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Like to see a Tech QB such as Rattay handing off to Moats behind a strong line!

It would be just great for Ryan to play for a team whose games are regularly broadcast in my region of the country!

Varsity Bulldog LostInOzBulldog has turned a few heads around hereLostInOzBulldog has turned a few heads around here

I dont know what to think of the rankings, their are some so so runningbacks ahead of him and some pretty darn good ones below. I think I would keep him about where he is and do some other moves.
    Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." -- by Jack Handy

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Don't forget about WR Tramission Davis. I heard he's working pretty hard on his 40 time. If he runs a good enough time at the combine he may get drafted late. He is on ESPN's list along with Ryan and Jerron.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think T. Davis will be going to the combine, I think about 150 go.

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

First of all, I would bet anyone dollars to donuts that Ryan's 40 time is #1, a little quicker than what is listed and #2, ALOT more accurate than all the other times listed on that board.

There may be only 3 or 4 guys who can scoot 40 yards quicker than Ryan and none of them can do it faster in pads with 3 or 4 defenders flailing at them.

Moats will not last past the third round but I think he will sneak up to the 2nd...

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I get sick and tired of these guys saying he's small. I'd bet a good percentage of the backs in the NFL are about the same size. As far as weight, he's probably right in the middle and a good weight for his height considering how quick he is. All I know is if Warrick Dunn can excel as small as he is, Ryan will have it easy.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Ryan will be a star!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    I get sick and tired of these guys saying he's small. I'd bet a good percentage of the backs in the NFL are about the same size. As far as weight, he's probably right in the middle and a good weight for his height considering how quick he is. All I know is if Warrick Dunn can excel as small as he is, Ryan will have it easy.
    Amen and amen!! They act like every back in the NFL is the size of Cedric Benson or Deuce McAllister. Nobody said Barry Sanders and Walter Peyton were too small. On top of that, we've all seen Ryan put some pretty big fellas on their a$$es. I've got faith in him.

He isn't tall but his proportion of muscle is probably extremely high!
    Height is important to receivers but staying low is an advantage when you get the ball behind the line!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Interesting list. I think Texas' Cedric Benson (#1) is overrated, while Minnesota's Marion Barber (#10) may be underrated.

And I often wonder if either of the "Auburn guys" (Brown #2 and Williams #3) could handle the week to week workload that Ryan Moats (#8) had to handle this year as a featured back. (I have the same concern about Louisville's Shelton #6.) Because they played TOGETHER, the Auburn boys have always had the advantage of being relatively "fresh" in their games. In my opinion, they are really untested at this point.

I'm also VERY umimpressed with Florida's Ciatrick Fason (#4). He gained 1,000 yards last season. Big woop. That's about 800 yards less than Moats.

I like Morency (#5) of Oklahoma State allot. OSU RB's seem to do very well in the NFL (Barry Sanders, Thurman Thomas, Tatum Bell, etc...)

I've said all along that Moats' size will hurt him some on draft day. Consequently I've consistently pegged Moats as a 3rd to 4th round NFL draft choice. However, from the looks of this list, I believe Moats could go as high as being the #4 or #5 RB chosen.

But wherever Moats ends up, he will have gotten there the old fashion way; he will have EARNED it.

HD
    Last edited by HogDawg; 01-29-2005 at 04:52 PM.

+ Reply to Thread