+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hey Guys, whats up?

Varsity Bulldog bustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Hey Guys, whats up?

the Sunbelt board has a thread about your tennis teams and softball teams having to beg for money? Got some posts directly from your board....

Is this true?

I also see where Dwayne in Minden is saying that Tech athletics is "hemmoraging" money?

Is this correct?

hang on there.......

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Re: Hey Guys, whats up?

Bustle,

You must have gotten the wrong impression. This board is frequented by some successful Tech alumni who are looking for specific projects to help with some of our hard earned cash. The young ladies from our tennis team came on and suggested that we could help by buying some wind screens, etc. We also have recently given some monies to help upgrade some fencing and backstops at our baseball and softball facilities. Perhaps you might have also heard that we also donated a nice sum recently to honor one of our own with new fencing around the football stadium. All of this is fairly basic stuff, you know alumni giving money to their school. This board has just offered us an alternative avenue that is proving extremely effective by utilizing the internet to reach more alumni and allowing the folks in Ruston a place to ask for specific projects.

I would hope that you guys from USL would take back this unique forum and possibly create one of your own to help your school the way we have tried to enhance ours.

If anyone wants to compare budgets, all of the athletic budgets for any U of L school is available, as are other schools like UNT, Ark St, and other public universities. I think you will find that ours is comparable to USL's and greater than the other schools who think they have a need to belittle us for raising some cash for our student athletes. You would think you guys were above that sort of thing.

DFiH

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Thumbs Down Re: Hey Guys, whats up?

Quote Originally Posted by bustle
    the Sunbelt board has a thread about your tennis teams and softball teams having to beg for money? Got some posts directly from your board....

Is this true?

I also see where Dwayne in Minden is saying that Tech athletics is "hemmoraging" money?

Is this correct?

hang on there.......
    what a lame post
    :zthinking

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous
    Bustle,

You must have gotten the wrong impression. This board is frequented by some successful Tech alumni who are looking for specific projects to help with some of our hard earned cash. The young ladies from our tennis team came on and suggested that we could help by buying some wind screens, etc. We also have recently given some monies to help upgrade some fencing and backstops at our baseball and softball facilities. Perhaps you might have also heard that we also donated a nice sum recently to honor one of our own with new fencing around the football stadium. All of this is fairly basic stuff, you know alumni giving money to their school. This board has just offered us an alternative avenue that is proving extremely effective by utilizing the internet to reach more alumni and allowing the folks in Ruston a place to ask for specific projects.

I would hope that you guys from USL would take back this unique forum and possibly create one of your own to help your school the way we have tried to enhance ours.

If anyone wants to compare budgets, all of the athletic budgets for any U of L school is available, as are other schools like UNT, Ark St, and other public universities. I think you will find that ours is comparable to USL's and greater than the other schools who think they have a need to belittle us for raising some cash for our student athletes. You would think you guys were above that sort of thing.

DFiH
    Very good reply!!!!! I guess the Sunbelt schools never thought of using their message boards to raise money.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW
    Very good reply!!!!! I guess the Sunbelt schools never thought of using their message boards to raise money.
    Most of the belch schools have graduation rates so low that they probably don't have much of a potential-donor pool ??

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I agree, the Belchers are really reaching on this issue. Seems to me, in the past, Tech was criticized for NOT raising money thru alumni donations, that we depended too much on state funds, that LSU, for instance, owes its greatness in athletics to TAF, which is exactly the same thing, alums donating money. So....I don't get it, what's the problem?

Gee, I wouldn't know what a single Belch school was doing, or not doing, because I simply don't give a damn and I do NOT visit their lame-ass forums.

Amazing, how these Belchers keep coming here, lurking, and hanging on every word posted. Must be hard being them. So GREEN with envy, they are.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    Gee, I wouldn't know what a single Belch school was doing, or not doing, because I simply don't give a damn and I do NOT visit their lame-ass forums.

Amazing, how these Belchers keep coming here, lurking, and hanging on every word posted. Must be hard being them. So GREEN with envy, they are.
    So true. The SunBelter's remind you of your little brother that wouldn't go away and leave you and your friends alone. They are always pesky and irritating, but nevertheless ALWAYS looking up to their big brother, and always wanting to be just like HIM!!!

The Sunbelters are constantly on this board because they despertely WANT an association with Louisiana Tech. They DESIRE it. They NEED it. And the honest ones WON'T deny it.

The Sunbelters know thta Louisiana Tech would bring instant credibility to their woeful little unappreciated football conference, and they are hoping that the movement of the other WAC east teams to CUSA in 2005 will give the Belt the opportunity to gain Tech by default in 2006. But it won't happen.

HD

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    So true. The SunBelter's remind you of your little brother that wouldn't go away and leave you and your friends alone. They are always pesky and irritating, but nevertheless ALWAYS looking up to their big brother, and always wanting to be just like HIM!!!

The Sunbelters are constantly on this board because they despertely WANT an association with Louisiana Tech. They DESIRE it. They NEED it. And the honest ones WON'T deny it.

The Sunbelters know thta Louisiana Tech would bring instant credibility to their woeful little unappreciated football conference, and they are hoping that the movement of the other WAC east teams to CUSA in 2005 will give the Belt the opportunity to gain Tech by default in 2006. But it won't happen.

HD
    I wonder if their habit of pulling quotes from BB&B and posting them to their boards will extend to this post? LOL!

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bustle

Is this true?

Is this correct?

hang on there.......
    Hey Bustle, is it true what I hear? That you guys had to VOLUNTEER to power wash your own stadium? Hmmmm. We usually pay to have that done. Is everything going okay down there at USL? I mean, I know you basically belong to a bus league now, so travel shouldn't be a problem.

I'll keep you guys in my thoughts. I hope everything gets straightened out.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow
    I wonder if their habit of pulling quotes from BB&B and posting them to their boards will extend to this post? LOL!
    Okay, guilty as charged. I was kinda hoping one of you guys would copy my post and take over to the SBC board and slap those losers in the face with it.

HD

+ Reply to Thread