+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Football archives

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Football archives

Guys, I need a little help. I'm trying to find some info on our series with North Texas, but when I checked the archives at www.latechsports.com it only goes back to the 2000 season. I tried the meangreen site and couldn't get it there either, where else can I look?

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Re: Football archives

A quick look through a media guide shows:

1976 L 8-14
    1977 L 14-41
    1978 L 14-16
    1979 L 17-10

1983 W 25-18
    1984 W 17-12
    1985 W 33-8
    1986 W 17-10

1987 L 5-10

I may have missed a game but I think I got them all. Looks like a good series to renew. All close, hard fought games except '77 and '85.
    Last edited by oledawg66; 01-30-2005 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Correction

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

I never got my 04 media guide!

They were for sale at the ULL game but I stubbornly refused to buy what I thought was promised with Champs.

Maybe I should call and ask for a baseball media guide now!

I wonder if they will be doing the spring football guide this year. I think those were lagnaippe last year.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

BBB needs the warehouse link to Tech among its web links. Or is it there someplace?

I think Tech's Web site in an earlier configuration had it or an inhouse version available.

If nothing else, the old pages from the media guide or sources could be scanned and a PDF version put online.

Where are those interns? Maybe BBB needs to provide a scholarship/internship to Tech in exchange for some such work!

For a guy who doesn't earn much, I sure have a lot of great ideas for spending!

I put the link in my signature to stay until people have a time to make it a favorite on their own computers or whatever.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Thanks for the info. I had no idea the series was tied, I thought for sure that we had the edge. I do remember the '76 game though, it was a big deal for Tech at the time and If I'm not mistaken N.Texas was highly ranked among the small div schools.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88
    Thanks for the info. I had no idea the series was tied, I thought for sure that we had the edge. I do remember the '76 game though, it was a big deal for Tech at the time and If I'm not mistaken N.Texas was highly ranked among the small div schools.
    The Louisiana Tech-UNT series is NOT tied. Oledawg66 made a mistake. UNT actually has a 5-4 series advantage over Tech in football. Oledawg66 left off the 10-5 UNT win over Tech in 1987.

HD

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    The Louisiana Tech-UNT series is NOT tied. Oledawg66 made a mistake. UNT actually has a 5-4 series advantage over Tech in football. Oledawg66 left off the 10-5 UNT win over Tech in 1987.

HD
    Damn, I guess I lost my bet with a buddy of mine. I thought it was the other way around.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oledawg66
    A quick look through a media guide shows:

1976 L 8-14
    1977 L 14-41
    1978 L 14-16
    1979 L 17-10

1983 W 25-18
    1984 W 17-12
    1985 W 33-8
    1986 W 17-10

1987 L 5-10

I may have missed a game but I think I got them all. Looks like a good series to renew. All close, hard fought games except '77 and '85.

Correction made.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    BBB needs the warehouse link to Tech among its web links. Or is it there someplace?
    It is there and has been since 9/13/03
    http://www.latechbbb.com/modules.php...viewlink&cid=1

Thanks,
    I thought it had been there in the recent past. You just have to navigate a bit to find things on any Web site. Mostly, we just go straight to the threads we are interested in at the moment or the ones highlighted with recent action.

There is no way to hang every link on the front page!

I suspect that people who study those old records will be impressed with our small southern college!

Champ killerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nice killerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg

HD
    But he also was a nice guy and left off a couple of forfeits when they refused to place us out of fear.

+ Reply to Thread