+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Letter from Coach Simoneaux

Champ bulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of light bulldogfan1's Avatar

Letter from Coach Simoneaux

Season Ticket Holders:

Thanks so much for your support of Tech Baseball. Please bear with us as our season appraoches. We have many projects ongoing to make our facility more fan friendly.

Our chairback seats have been ordered and will be shipped in early February, putting us close to our home opener vs. Arkansas. We are also in the process of re-doing our sounds system so that sound is more evenly distributed throughout the stadium. The other project is our front yard project at JC Love Field. We will put in a patio and picnic area surrounded by a beautiful brick and black wrought iron fence. This enclosure will provide a safer environment for our younger fans.

Enclosed is your green chairback ticket, blue family pass, or yellow individual pass. Only people with green tickets will be allowed in the new green chairback sections. Green chairback seat holders will be allowed to move around to any unoccupied green seat. Baseball Belles will monitor this, so your compliance is appreciated. Blue and yellow ticket holders must sit in the fifth row or above. If you would like to reserve a green chairback seat for 2006 season, call the Baseball Office at 257-4111 to place your name on the waiting list. If you have any questions about reserved seating call me immediately at 202-0174.

Also enclosed is a parking pass to display on your dash for easy access. Once the JC Love parking lot is full you may park at the softball or the football field. I hope parking is a problem because that would mean we are doing something right on the field!

We are trying to compete at the highest level possible in hte classroom, on the field, and with our facilities. Once again, please bear with us through these growing pains as we attempt to finalize these projects before the beginning of our season. A great foundation has been set for many years to come; we hope to have your continued support.

Please join us in Lake Charles the first weekend in February or in Lafayette the second weekend in February. If not, we look forward to seeing you at our first home game vs. Arkansas on February 18th.

See you at the park,
    Wade Simoneaux, Players and Staff

OK GUYS- HERE IS OUR CHANCE TO STEP UP. IF THIS DOES NOT GET YOU EXCITED ABOUT TECH BASEBALL. NOTHING WILL. THIS GUY IS FOR REAL! I CHALLENGE EVERYONE WHO READS THIS LETTER TO CALL COACH SIMONEAUX AND BUY A SEASON TICKET- INDIVIDUAL OR FAMILY!

I HAVE PURCHASED A FAMILY PASS AND AFTER READING THIS AGAIN, I MIGHT BUY ANOTHER!

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Re: Letter from Coach Simoneaux

Definitely makes you know something good is happening. I might have to check 'em out in Lafayette in a couple of weeks!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

How many other coaches would have their cell phone number in a letter sent out to season ticket holders?
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

You can bet your rear end I'll be in Lafayette. My gf is a ULL alum, so that should be fun and interesting, hahaha. Anyway, I hope we sweep the Cajuns!

Champ bulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of light bulldogfan1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    How many other coaches would have their cell phone number in a letter sent out to season ticket holders?
    That was the first thing that jumped out at me, when reading. To answer your question, ONLY ONE AT TECH.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

He is classy, which reflects in his players. They just need to put the W's up. I'm hoping for a 4-2 record going when we host Arkansas on Feb. 18-20.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Varsity Bulldog grimey has turned a few heads around heregrimey has turned a few heads around heregrimey has turned a few heads around here grimey's Avatar

Believe me Coach answers the cell phone to. I have talked to him and he is a very good asset to Tech. He is trying to make a top notch program. He has a good staff and is very much the PR person needed to get funds and fans to Tech baseball. His attitude carries over to other sports. I find my self more eager to help the other sports at Tech along with the baseball program. If you have not had a chance to talk to the coach you need to. I know I have seen and met some head coaches the past 7 years and he is what Tech needs to become sucessful. I would venture to say that one day, after he takes baseball to Omaha, that he would make a great AD.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

I'm thinking we need to make a Capital Area Champs function over in Lafayette for that weekend sometime -that would be fun and a welcome positive feeling about a Tech athletic program!

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

I have never met coach Sim, but I received my second phone call from him last week to see if I could exchange two of my three season seats in exchange for two singles, so that he could sell two more season tickets. He knew that I would not be using my seats much (live in Dallas) and he told me to call his cell phone when I was coming in, and he would arrange for three seats together for me. I hope this season shows progress, cause this man deserves it, he is the real deal.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markay714
    I'm thinking we need to make a Capital Area Champs function over in Lafayette for that weekend sometime -that would be fun and a welcome positive feeling about a Tech athletic program!
    Actually, I thought about doing a big tailgate and having some information for a Lafayette CHAMPS start up. There are alot of Tech alumni here in Lafayette. I see several License plates and stickers driving around town. I thought about letting local Tech alumni give their contact info and then in April or so having our 1st annual Lafayette CHAMPS meeting. Any thoughts anyone?
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

www.casadice.com

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    Actually, I thought about doing a big tailgate and having some information for a Lafayette CHAMPS start up. There are alot of Tech alumni here in Lafayette. I see several License plates and stickers driving around town. I thought about letting local Tech alumni give their contact info and then in April or so having our 1st annual Lafayette CHAMPS meeting. Any thoughts anyone?
    Go for it!

Varsity Bulldog CajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time CajunDave1's Avatar

We welcome any Tech fans that choose to come to Lafayette for the upcoming baseball series between the Bulldogs and Cajuns. This will be a very special 3 game set between the Cajuns & Bulldogs because many of us here in Lafayette know just how special Coach Simmoneaux is and because it will be his first trip back to Moore Field as a visiting Coach! In addition, it will be opening weekend for the Cajuns. Good luck to Coach Sim, and the Bulldogs, next weekend against McNeese and I hope to see many of you the following weekend at Moore Field.

On another subject, isn't it strange how some attitudes about Coach Sim have changed since he has been at La Tech. I can remember vividly how "some" posters on this board were very upset when the new Head Coach was not hired from within. However, Cajun fans knew that the administration at Tech had made the right choice on that hire!!!!

Now for a little smack, and a dose of reality!!! Coach Sim is obviously doing a lot of good things up there in Ruston. However, he still needs more time to try and get Tech up to the level of the Cajuns!!! Tech will have a big advantage going into the Cajun series, since they will have already played 3 games against McNeese. However, if I were a Tech fan, I would consider it a very successful trip to south Louisiana if the Bulldogs could just avoid the "sweep" against the Cajuns!! LOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDave1
    Tech will have a big advantage going into the Cajun series, since they will have already played 3 games against McNeese. However, if I were a Tech fan, I would consider it a very successful trip to south Louisiana if the Bulldogs could just avoid the "sweep" against the Cajuns!! LOL!!!!
    So you are already making the excuse when you get beat. Tech takes 2 of 3 from the Coona$$e$.

www.casadice.com

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDave1
    On another subject, isn't it strange how some attitudes about Coach Sim have changed since he has been at La Tech. I can remember vividly how "some" posters on this board were very upset when the new Head Coach was not hired from within. However, Cajun fans knew that the administration at Tech had made the right choice on that hire!!!!
    You know what they say about blind sow finding an acorn every now and then. Gotta say some of our administration choices on selecting and retaining football coaches causes us to wonder. So far, we're VERY happy with the direction the baseball program is heading, and we're looking forward to some W's this year.

Big Dog farright30 is an unknown farright30's Avatar

"On another subject, isn't it strange how some attitudes about Coach Sim have changed since he has been at La Tech. I can remember vividly how "some" posters on this board were very upset when the new Head Coach was not hired from within. However, Cajun fans knew that the administration at Tech had made the right choice on that hire!!!! "

Yeah just like all of those posters that loved Oakes' and now are the ones complaining about him. Isn't it ironic?

+ Reply to Thread