+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Letter from Coach Simoneaux

Champ bulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of light bulldogfan1's Avatar

Re: Letter from Coach Simoneaux

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDave1
    Bulldogfan,
    I certainly don't take your comments as a flame or insult. As I mentioned earlier, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However, when discussing this subject, many people (who don't agree with our position) keep bringing up the fact that Louisville already has staked a claim to UL and therefore that title is already taken. With that in mind, I wish someone could help me out and identify tell me who the real UT is. Is it Tulsa, Texas, Toledo, Tennessee, etc......? Howabout USC? Is that Southern Cal or South Carolina? As you know, this list could go on and on. Therefore, it seems like Louisiana is not the only school having an identity problem!!!

By the way, thank you for your kind comments. Most Tech fans that I have had contact with are also pretty classy people. Of course, we both have our share of jackasses!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!
    I THINK IT REALLY DEPENDS ON WHAT PART OF THE COUNTRY YOU ARE IN. SHREVEPORT, RUSTON AND ALL POINTS NORTH UL MEANS UNIVERISTY OF LOUISIVILLE. IN SCOTT, RAINE, OPELOUSES, AND LAFAYETTE, IT MEANS THE UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA. THOSE OTHER SCHOOLS YOU MENTIONED ARE NAMED THAT BY LAW, ULL IS NAME UL OR UNIVERISTY OF LOUISIANA BY ITS FANS THAT WANT IT CALLED SOMETHING DIFFERENT THAN WHAT IT ADMIN. WANTED IT CALLED- WHICH IS ULL OR UNIVERISTY OF LOUISIANA - LAFAYETTE.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogfan1
    I THINK IT REALLY DEPENDS ON WHAT PART OF THE COUNTRY YOU ARE IN. SHREVEPORT, RUSTON AND ALL POINTS NORTH UL MEANS UNIVERISTY OF LOUISIVILLE. IN SCOTT, RAINE, OPELOUSES, AND LAFAYETTE, IT MEANS THE UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA. THOSE OTHER SCHOOLS YOU MENTIONED ARE NAMED THAT BY LAW, ULL IS NAME UL OR UNIVERISTY OF LOUISIANA BY ITS FANS THAT WANT IT CALLED SOMETHING DIFFERENT THAN WHAT IT ADMIN. WANTED IT CALLED- WHICH IS ULL OR UNIVERISTY OF LOUISIANA - LAFAYETTE.
    good post
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDave1
    Bulldogfan,
    I travel quite a bit in my job and I realize that the university here in Lafayette is not widely refered to as UL outside of the Acadiana area (although that area is steadily growing). But that doesn't bother me one bit. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and refering to our university by either name is correct and gladly accepted. I don't think any reasonable Cajun fan ever expected the university to be refered to as simply Louisiana by everyone (especially our rivals) in such a short period of time. But the one thing that we do have going for us is time. Like they say, "you can't teach old dogs new tricks"!!! That is why it will take a number of years before the Louisiana title will permanently stick. Just having the name controversity has already generated more publicity for the university than we could have ever hoped for. I think it is true that we sometimes don't see the forrest because of the trees!!!!!!!

As far as having an identity crisis, that is simply not true. You, and many others, know exactly who we are, and can clearly see where we are headed. That is what really has you worried. Hence the need to attempt and squelch the Louisiana name!!!!!!
    Keep up the persistence. I'd like for ULL to be know as UL, and I applaud you guys for hanging in there despite the adversities and attacks. I'll still call you guys ULL because well we've always been adversaries. Good luck. Maybe by the time my grandchildren are born and are able to attend college your name will have begun to stick.

+ Reply to Thread