+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slocums Comment

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Re: Slocums Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86
    We'll just agree to disagree on these points. You see I am far further than 1 quarter removed from TECH and have worked with graduates of many institutions (including Duke, University of Chicago, Harvard, and many others). I must tell you that I never once felt they were better educated; in fact, they often had an education that I would deem inferior to mine!

The absolute worst engineers that I have worked with came from Tulane, Texas, and Rice. They are arrogant and have no practical knowledge. They may be able to solve a partial differential equation but would never be able to determine the flowrate through a meter.

The COES is one of the best in the country. Don't believe me...then ask the deans of other engineering schools! You see I could care less what USN&WR says about TECH because 20% of their finding is based solely on endowment monies with another 20% based on the number of doctoral programs...neither tells you much about the quality of the education you receive. In fact, they needt graduate anyone through the offered doctorate to count it...at TECH, we must graduate 5 every 2 (or maybe its 3) years or it is cancelled.
    I'm glad you reposted because I missed it the first time.

I've worked with people with educations from different universities before and found myself being a teacher more than a developer.

My current company has three Tech grads in management and marketing, four Tech grads in development, and two Tech students helping out. And it is the best experience I've ever had. I've never seen so much production in my life.

Speaking of that, I better get back to work :-)

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Slocums Comment

He won't be down there two years. Overrated also.

+ Reply to Thread