+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slocums Comment

Champ baddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to behold baddawg's Avatar

Slocums Comment

Did any body see Matt Slodumbs comments about Tech vs. Tulane in the News Star.

Big Dog Bulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really nice

Re: Slocums Comment

did you?

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Great thread so far.

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

I'm glad this mo fo didn't come to tech sorry little dumbass.

He says:

"I wanted a school where I could get a degree like Tulane's," Slocum said. "If three people apply for a job and you have a Tech grad, a ULM grad and a Tulane grad, they are going to choose (the Tulane grad) because of the prestige of the education they offer."

I can guarantee my ass has a great job, because of my degree from Tech.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

The kid is just going by what the coaches tell him. He has no idea what he's talking about. Just like anything else, I'm sure Tulane has a better prestige in some programs than Tech as Tech does over Tulane in other programs. I think this is a perfect example of how ignorant people can be led to their demise by those who out for their own gain.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

I'm just curious of exactly what degree he is pursuing that is offered at Tulame, nlulm and Louisiana Tech University . . .

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86
    I'm just curious of exactly what degree he is pursuing that is offered at Tulame, nlulm and Louisiana Tech University . . .
    General Studies, maybe?

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

this was on another thread but I think it applies:

We'll just agree to disagree on these points. You see I am far further than 1 quarter removed from TECH and have worked with graduates of many institutions (including Duke, University of Chicago, Harvard, and many others). I must tell you that I never once felt they were better educated; in fact, they often had an education that I would deem inferior to mine!

The absolute worst engineers that I have worked with came from Tulane, Texas, and Rice. They are arrogant and have no practical knowledge. They may be able to solve a partial differential equation but would never be able to determine the flowrate through a meter.

The COES is one of the best in the country. Don't believe me...then ask the deans of other engineering schools! You see I could care less what USN&WR says about TECH because 20% of their finding is based solely on endowment monies with another 20% based on the number of doctoral programs...neither tells you much about the quality of the education you receive. In fact, they needt graduate anyone through the offered doctorate to count it...at TECH, we must graduate 5 every 2 (or maybe its 3) years or it is cancelled.

Could TECH improve? Absolutely...elect me king for a year and it would be world class! Is TECH mediocre? Absolutely not...but that doesn't mean I wouldn't run a few people off if I were king for a year!

Finally, I recently learned that cheating was now a big thing on most campuses. However, I also learned that it is a huge problem at Harvard and similar schools, while it is a much smaller issue at TECH. Why? Because TECH has less tolerance for it than these other schools do! Wonder if USN&WR factors that into their equation?

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

I can't believe that a Harvard student would cheat, how can the smartest students in the world cheat, hell they should be making out the tests. Must be a fad thing.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baddawg
    Did any body see Matt Slodumbs comments about Tech vs. Tulane in the News Star.
    No, why would you ask this question w/out posting it?
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13
    Great thread so far.

“Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

www.casadice.com

Champ baddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to behold baddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    No, why would you ask this question w/out posting it?
    Because I was with your mamma last night and I thought she would tell you.

You know why I didn't post last night?

Quote Originally Posted by baddawg
    Because I was with your mamma last night and I thought she would tell you.
    Get off my mom and I'll get off of your sister. Why do you always have to bring my deceased mother into conversation?

www.casadice.com

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough

You hit his sister too! She keeps calling me DADDY for some reason??????

+ Reply to Thread