+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NOBODY CARES ABOUT PERRILLOUX!!!!!!!

Big Dog MonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: NOBODY CARES ABOUT PERRILLOUX!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    Having trouble reading, pussycat boy?
    3rd paragraph:

"LSU is the perfect school for me," Perrilloux said. "It's close to home and with their quarterback situation, I can come in and play next year. JaMarcus Russell struggled last year and Matt Flynn is definitely not a better quarterback than me. It's just a perfect opportunity."
    Yeah, he was misquoted in USA today, I meant to link the transcript of the interview this morning at his school. My mistake. Anyway, I guess we will see in time how good he is. My guess is that he isn't ready for college football, like most freshman. I would hope that he would redshirt, but you never know.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Cool Hand, he deleted his challenge to copy and paste the article to see what he really said. But apparently he realized his mistake, and deleted that post. I was going to quote him with the copy of the article. Anyway, for those who missed it, MonreauxTiger said Perriloux was misquoted and challenged us to copy and paste the article so we could see what he really said. Well, here it is. As Clyde pointed out, it's the 3rd paragraph.

No. 1 prep QB changes mind, will attend LSU
    By Thayer Evans, Special to USATODAY.com
    RESERVE, La. — East St. John quarterback Ryan Perrilloux signed a binding national letter-of-intent with Louisiana State on Wednesday morning, rescinding an oral commitment he made to Texas in July.
    Ryan Perrilloux looks downfield in the first quarter of the Jan. 15 U.S. Army All-American Bowl in San Antonio.By Eric Gay, AP
    The reigning USA TODAY prep Offensive Player of the Year announced his decision during a press conference in his school's library. He had also considered Mississippi State.

"LSU is the perfect school for me," Perrilloux said. "It's close to home and with their quarterback situation, I can come in and play next year. JaMarcus Russell struggled last year and Matt Flynn is definitely not a better quarterback than me. It's just a perfect opportunity."

To many, Perrilloux's decision to ditch the Longhorns at the last minute for LSU was hardly a surprise, even though Tigers coach Les Miles has only held his post since last month.

The 6-foot-2, 215-pounder took an official visit to Baton Rouge last weekend and has visited the school, which he says is a 45-minute drive from his home, in excess of 25 times over the last two years.

"I'm a Louisiana guy and the number one player in the state," Perrilloux said. "Louisiana people love their players."

Perrilloux said one of the main reasons he chose not to honor his oral commitment to Texas was because of the Longhorns' junior quarterback Vince Young.

"He's a great player," Perrilloux said. "It's not that I'm scared of competition, I just want to get on the field as early as possible."

This season, Perrilloux passed for 3,546 yards and 30 touchdowns and rushed for 1,460 yards and 37 TDs. He had a combined 12,715 yards and 157 TDs during his prep career.

Big Dog MonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    Cool Hand, he deleted his challenge to copy and paste the article to see what he really said. But apparently he realized his mistake, and deleted that post. I was going to quote him with the copy of the article. Anyway, for those who missed it, MonreauxTiger said Perriloux was misquoted and challenged us to copy and paste the article so we could see what he really said. Well, here it is. As Clyde pointed out, it's the 3rd paragraph.

No. 1 prep QB changes mind, will attend LSU
    By Thayer Evans, Special to USATODAY.com
    RESERVE, La. — East St. John quarterback Ryan Perrilloux signed a binding national letter-of-intent with Louisiana State on Wednesday morning, rescinding an oral commitment he made to Texas in July.
    http://images.usatoday.com/_common/_images/clear.gifhttp://images.usatoday.com/sports/_p...perrilloux.jpghttp://images.usatoday.com/_common/_images/clear.gifRyan Perrilloux looks downfield in the first quarter of the Jan. 15 U.S. Army All-American Bowl in San Antonio.http://images.usatoday.com/_common/_images/clear.gifBy Eric Gay, AP
    The reigning USA TODAY prep Offensive Player of the Year announced his decision during a press conference in his school's library. He had also considered Mississippi State.

To many, Perrilloux's decision to ditch the Longhorns at the last minute for LSU was hardly a surprise, even though Tigers coach Les Miles has only held his post since last month.

The 6-foot-2, 215-pounder took an official visit to Baton Rouge last weekend and has visited the school, which he says is a 45-minute drive from his home, in excess of 25 times over the last two years.

"I'm a Louisiana guy and the number one player in the state," Perrilloux said. "Louisiana people love their players."

Perrilloux said one of the main reasons he chose not to honor his oral commitment to Texas was because of the Longhorns' junior quarterback Vince Young.

"He's a great player," Perrilloux said. "It's not that I'm scared of competition, I just want to get on the field as early as possible."

This season, Perrilloux passed for 3,546 yards and 30 touchdowns and rushed for 1,460 yards and 37 TDs. He had a combined 12,715 yards and 157 TDs during his prep career.
    Yes, and again, that IS NOT what he said at the PC this morning. I listened to it with my own ears. I don't care if Dan Rather himself wrote that USA today article, that is not what he said this morning. They may have taken those quotes from another interview, but it wasn't from the PC.

Champ bulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of light bulldogfan1's Avatar

Looks like no matter how much you try to sugar coat it. Something just does not add up.

Not a way to make friends. To be honest with you, I wouldnt take Russell even if he tried to transfer to Tech. From what I have seen - HE SUCKS! I would put him up against any of our guys anytime.

Champ bulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of light bulldogfan1's Avatar

[QUOTE=MonreauxTiger]Yes, and again, that IS NOT what he said at the PC this morning. I listened to it with my own ears. I don't care if Dan Rather himself wrote that USA today article, that is not what he said this morning. They may have taken those quotes from another interview, but it wasn't from the PC.[/QUOTE

A QUOTE IS A QUOTE. IF IT CAME FROM HIM ON THE COMPUTER OR CAME FROM HIM IN ANOTHER INTERVIEW, IF HE SAID IT, IT IS A QUOTE. END OF STORY, WHAT CAN YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT!

OH MY GOD, WHAT A DUMBA**!!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MonreauxTiger
    Yes, and again, that IS NOT what he said at the PC this morning. I listened to it with my own ears. I don't care if Dan Rather himself wrote that USA today article, that is not what he said this morning. They may have taken those quotes from another interview, but it wasn't from the PC.
    Nobody ever said it was from the PC. Do you think it's possible that USA Today could have had a reporter that got his own quotes independently from the "#1" qb in the country?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Hahahahaha! He's probably right...he's an idiot for saying it, but he's probably right. You don't have to bust your butt to defend him yet. See how he does. I tell you what, every team in the Big 12 should buy him a Valentine's Day present because he definitely put the screws to UT...Okay, nobody cares, now back to Tech Football.

PS: Rivals has Mark Sanchez as the #1 QB-USC...dang, USC spoils the party again.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

[QUOTE=bulldogfan1]
    Yes, and again, that IS NOT what he said at the PC this morning. I listened to it with my own ears. I don't care if Dan Rather himself wrote that USA today article, that is not what he said this morning. They may have taken those quotes from another interview, but it wasn't from the PC.[/QUOTE

A QUOTE IS A QUOTE. IF IT CAME FROM HIM ON THE COMPUTER OR CAME FROM HIM IN ANOTHER INTERVIEW, IF HE SAID IT, IT IS A QUOTE. END OF STORY, WHAT CAN YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT!

OH MY GOD, WHAT A DUMBA**!!
    lol, it is my understanding that he did not say what they quoted him as saying. I guess I can just go around quoting people and as long as I put quotation marks around it then they must have said it. My point was that he did not say it in the interview today. I can't respond to whether he has ever said it or not, but my guess is that if he didn't say it today, that he hasn't said it because it wasn't public that he was choosing LSU until today.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I don't care if Dan Rather himself wrote that USA today article, that is not what he said this morning.
    "Dan Rather" Now there is a good source! You poor misguided CHIGGER FAN.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't really matter, let's see how Dinardo, I mean Miles handles it. I really believe LSU has another Dinardo on their hands.
    And, chances of keeping all three of those QB's is not good, maybe for one year, but then if they are worth their salt they will not want to sit and go somewhere else.

Personally, I like Flynn.

Big Dog The Big Bengal isn't thought very highly of around hereThe Big Bengal isn't thought very highly of around here The Big Bengal's Avatar

So, you guys are saying that you've never heard of a reporter totally misquoting somebody in a story? Yeah...that NEVER happens.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Bengal
    So, you guys are saying that you've never heard of a reporter totally misquoting somebody in a story? Yeah...that NEVER happens.
    Sure have, but it's generally in an article of importance, e.g political in nature or controversial pro player. Not some kid going to college to play football which makes this quote more believable.

Big Dog The Big Bengal isn't thought very highly of around hereThe Big Bengal isn't thought very highly of around here The Big Bengal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    Sure have, but it's generally in an article of importance, e.g political in nature or controversial pro player. Not some kid going to college to play football which makes this quote more believable.
    High school recruits are always quoted correctly? lol...journalists covering sports are more ethical than the rest?

It happens in all aspects of journalism. Every day. If you get quoted correctly in a story, it's a shocker. Seriously. Anyone who has dealt with the media knows this. I'm not saying it was even malicious. The reporter might have gotten the impression that was how he felt and just written it that way thinking it accurately reflected the situation. But it's not what the guy said. He is a well-spoken, very respectful young man. Cocky? Definitely. He's got some learning to do. But he's got all the tools and we're pleased to add him to our QB depth.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Bengal
    High school recruits are always quoted correctly? lol...journalists covering sports are more ethical than the rest?

It happens in all aspects of journalism. Every day. If you get quoted correctly in a story, it's a shocker. Seriously. Anyone who has dealt with the media knows this. I'm not saying it was even malicious. The reporter might have gotten the impression that was how he felt and just written it that way thinking it accurately reflected the situation. But it's not what the guy said. He is a well-spoken, very respectful young man. Cocky? Definitely. He's got some learning to do. But he's got all the tools and we're pleased to add him to our QB depth.
    It has nothing to do with ethics. Somehow, I doubt very seriously that there are more misquotes than there are accurate quotes in journalism, especially on something as insignificant as LSU. But hey, believe what you want. It'll all come out in the coming years.

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

So write the author and ask him where he got the freakin' quote.

He probably has it on tape and can give you the time and place.

+ Reply to Thread