+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NOBODY CARES ABOUT PERRILLOUX!!!!!!!

Big Dog The Big Bengal isn't thought very highly of around hereThe Big Bengal isn't thought very highly of around here The Big Bengal's Avatar

Re: NOBODY CARES ABOUT PERRILLOUX!!!!!!!

Hrmmm...so according to DirtyDawg's theory...the more important the story, the less important it is to get an accurate quote. ok. I'll keep that in mind.

You can think what you want about the accuracy of quotes...I have no doubt that there are more misquotes than accurate ones.

Here's what it boils down to...many here (not all, but many) want to blow anything like this out of proportion to form the opinion that everything related to LSU is negative in some way. You WANT this quote to be true and you want him to have a bad attitude.

I still say that even if the quote was true (which is is not) there was nothing wrong with it. It means he believes he is at least equal in ability to Matt Flynn. I want all our QBs to think they are the best. They all need to be out there competing to be the starter and pushing the rest harder in practice.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Bengal
    Hrmmm...so according to DirtyDawg's theory...the more important the story, the less important it is to get an accurate quote. ok. I'll keep that in mind.

You can think what you want about the accuracy of quotes...I have no doubt that there are more misquotes than accurate ones.

Here's what it boils down to...many here (not all, but many) want to blow anything like this out of proportion to form the opinion that everything related to LSU is negative in some way. You WANT this quote to be true and you want him to have a bad attitude.

I still say that even if the quote was true (which is is not) there was nothing wrong with it. It means he believes he is at least equal in ability to Matt Flynn. I want all our QBs to think they are the best. They all need to be out there competing to be the starter and pushing the rest harder in practice.
    I knew you would misunderstand my point. The point wasn't that accuracy in the news is irrelevant. My point was that ethics isn't in question in this instance because I am of the opinion that the reporter did not misquote the kid. You think we want this quote to be true so that we can paint a negative light on LSU. We maintain you want this to be a misquote so that there will be no controversy. If you honestly believe there are more misquotes than accurate quotes in the media today, then you must lead a very pessimistic life. You obviously don't believe anything you read or hear which I think makes any opinion you have very suspect. I wonder how you function in life to be honest with you. How do you trust anyone?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

It's the liberal UT-lovin' media that's the culprit.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

On the surface there is nothing wrong with it. I'll agree to that. It's just that I would think that you would want to come into a place with a little more subtelty. While I'll agree he's not saying that Flynn is a terrible quarterback, the fact that he basically says that he can beat Flynn out of the spot says that he thinks he's better than Flynn. Then he also cast dispersions on Russell. Heck, he basically hints that he's got as good a chance to be the starter than guys who have experience at the top level of college football. That, combined with the comments about the other qb's abilities points to the fact that he doesn't think highly of the other qbs. It's not a very smart move especially when you're going to need their help. Incidentally, I could care less how LSU's players get along.

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light

Who cares about all of this, the only thing that matters is they KICKED OUR ASS in football 2003. You should never talk smack to a team that whipped us like little school girls ON THE FIELD where it counts. It really makes us look small time. NO ONE knows how this KID will do on the field and none of us have ever met him to know what he is truly like as a person. I remember the story about Ryan Moats saying he was very cocky until his injury, and he turned out just fine.

RD
    We're gonna miss you dawgpound!

Big Dog The Big Bengal isn't thought very highly of around hereThe Big Bengal isn't thought very highly of around here The Big Bengal's Avatar

I'll leave you to think what you will about RP and LSU. We'll all find out eventually how this will play out.

But as far as my view of quotes in the media...I speak from personal experience as well as having close family that have been quoted (misquoted) in the media very often. Again, I am not saying that this is normally done maliciously. They do it to summarize/be more concise, but when they do that they often change the wording slightly based on their opinion of the true meaning of the quote. If you don't understand that and/or you think people that believe that are pessimistic, I would instead suggest that you are quite naive.

btw...if you don't believe me, you can ask Lee/The Insider about that media thing.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

He sounds like another Josh Booty to me. Remember, Josh Booty and Dinardo went down together.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    Looks like Peralou has thrown down the gauntlet:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/sec/2005-02-02-perrilloux-lsu_x.htm "LSU is the perfect school for me," Perrilloux said. "It's close to home and with their quarterback situation, I can come in and play next year. JaMarcus Russell struggled last year and Matt Flynn is definitely not a better quarterback than me. It's just a perfect opportunity." - R. P.
    That's hilarious. Sounds like this Perrilloux kid is as dumb as he is good.

HD

Varsity Bulldog lsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nice lsuhater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lsuhater
    No more LSU threads on this board please!
    Did anybody know that Tech had a good day yesterday!!!

Big Dog MonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    "Dan Rather" Now there is a good source! You poor misguided CHIGGER FAN.
    Uhhhh, it is called sarcasm.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by MonreauxTiger
    Uhhhh, it is called sarcasm.
    Yeah, right!

Two things...

1. Here's the actual quote as taken directly from the recording of the press conference:

"JaMarcus kind of struggled a little bit. Matt Flynn really didn't play too much. Marcus Randall was a senior so I decided LSU probably was the best spot for me."

2. For a thread with the subject line, "NOBODY CARES ABOUT PERRILLOUX" there sure seems to be a lot of discussion about him.

Champ playdablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of light playdablues's Avatar

Big Grin Re: NOBODY CARES ABOUT PERRILLOUX!!!!!!!

2. For a thread with the subject line, "NOBODY CARES ABOUT PERRILLOUX" there sure seems to be a lot of discussion about him.
    For a fan of LSU, you sure post here a lot. :icon_wink

Quote Originally Posted by playdablues
    For a fan of LSU, you sure post here a lot. :icon_wink
    Someone's gotta spread the truth around.

+ Reply to Thread