+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tim Rose To Toledo?

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Tim Rose To Toledo?

Reddawg that's hilarious. Someone should make a pic of Spongebob wearing a Tech hat.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogfan1
    He is remaining at Tech indefinitely. This is certainly GREAT news for Bulldog fans. That is not to say he gets tired of JBIII and walks anyday now or in the middle of the season or heck in the middle of a game. He is here right now. Lets enjoy his services and hope Jack does not run him off before the season starts. Think- If he was walking he is classy enough not to do so in the middle of recruiting. Although, too much of Jack has made many of us walk in the middle of a game.....
    What I have heard is that Rose's problem is more with oakes and not bicknell.

Big Dog LongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the rough LongtimeDawgfan's Avatar

Todays Toledo paper www.toledoblade.com is reporting that Coach Rose will be the next D coordinator at Toledo.

Puppy rocketfootball is an unknown

Tim Rose is heading to Toledo guys. What would you guys say about him, other than the fact that he doesn't stay anywhere longer than a year or two, and what can we expect from him?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfootball
    Tim Rose is heading to Toledo guys. What would you guys say about him, other than the fact that he doesn't stay anywhere longer than a year or two, and what can we expect from him?

Rose is a good guy. There was an energy on the field on defense this year that has been missed in the passed. He will be missed.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Article published Tuesday, February 8, 2005

Rockets are closing in on new coordinators

Shannon

By MATT MARKEY
    BLADE SPORTS WRITER

The University of Toledo football coaching staff should be back at full strength in the near future.

UT coach Tom Amstutz said last week that now that his recruiting class is completed, he would focus his attention on hiring new offensive and defensive coordinators.

Although the interview/hiring process has not yet run its mandated course, sources close to the program say that Amstutz is likely to name John Shannon as his new offensive coordinator and Tim Rose as the new boss on the defensive side.

Both positions became vacant following the Rockets' 39-10 loss to Connecticut in the Motor City Bowl.

Rose

After spending the past four seasons as offensive coordinator for the Rockets and installing the highly successful spread offense, Rob Spence left UT to join the staff of Clemson coach Tommy Bowden as offensive coordinator.

Lou West, UT's defensive coordinator the past four seasons, was named coach at Division I-AA Indiana State.

Shannon, the receivers coach at UT for the past two seasons, seems a logical choice as the man to take over Toledo's pass-oriented offense. Shannon, 50, made the 2003 UT receiving corps the most productive in school history, and then outdid that effort in 2004.

Shannon is a native of Bowling Green, Ky., and a 1976 graduate of Eastern Illinois University. He has 29 years of experience in college coaching, including 19 as an offensive or defensive coordinator. Before coming to UT, Shannon was at Troy State where he was the offensive coordinator in 2001 and 2002.

Rose was the defensive coordinator at Louisiana Tech this past season, where he implemented a 3-4 look with a lot of blitzing and took a unit that had been ranked dead last in defense in Division I-A in 2003 and brought it into the top 90.

Rose, 62, has a strong Mid-American Conference background and solid Ohio roots. He was defensive coordinator at Miami from 1978-82, and named head coach the following year. He went 4-7 in his first two seasons, and led Miami to a 21-11-1 record over the next three years, including the 1986 MAC title and an appearance in the 1986 California Bowl.

Rose has 25 years of NCAA Division I-A coaching experience on his resume, including 17 years as a defensive coordinator at various programs. Before going to Louisiana Tech, Rose served as defensive coordinator and linebackers coach at Eastern Michigan in 2003, and helped make the Eagles one of the most improved defenses in the nation that season.

He is a native of Cleveland and a graduate of St. Joseph High School. He earned his bachelor's (1963) and master's (1965) degrees from Xavier University, and began his coaching career with stints at Cincinnati's Elder High School and then national powerhouse Moeller High School.

Rose has also coached at East Carolina, Boston College, Minnesota, Cincinnati and Memphis. Contact Matt Markey at:
    mmarkey@theblade.com
    or 419-724-6510

Varsity Bulldog LostInOzBulldog has turned a few heads around hereLostInOzBulldog has turned a few heads around here

Just another example of Tech letting an exellent coach get away!
    Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." -- by Jack Handy

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for nothing JBIII >>> Good luck Coach Rose! We hate to see you leave.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Possibility of him making more $ there than what we are able to pay. In addition, has always coached up in that neck of the woods and this was just a stopping place when he was out of work. If truly gone, then I thank him for the time here and hope for a good hire by our administration.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    Thanks for nothing JBIII >>> Good luck Coach Rose! We hate to see you leave.
    My understanding from talking to the dad of a player is that Rose and bicknell get along fine. Rose and Oakes do not.

HIRE MIKE COLLINS!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    My understanding from talking to the dad of a player is that Rose and bicknell get along fine. Rose and Oakes do not.

HIRE MIKE COLLINS!
    Interesting....

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

I hate to see him go. I think he has been liked by everyone. In fact, I can't remember seeing a negative post about him on this board.
    Go Tech!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47

HIRE MIKE COLLINS!
    It may be true that J.O. and Rose didn't get along, but don't believe for a second that Bicknell didn't play a part in this.

Champ domangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond repute domangue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by domangue
    On the website footballscoop.com rumors list:

Louisiana Tech: Hear their DC is going to Toledo!
    WOW.. That website got something right for once! (unfortunately)

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

He tries to attack rather than read and react. He's not afraid to blitz. He is a high energy guy that the players seem to love. He is emotional and fun to watch on the sidelines. I think you'll love him.

+ Reply to Thread