+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stacy Johnson Klein Placed on Administrative Leave

Champ bad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to all bad_man's Avatar

Re: Stacy Johnson Klein Placed on Administrative Leave

We didn't REALLY foul that mean girl on the other team, did we Mr. Referee?

How could you EVER let something like this go no matter what she did?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Sweet Lord! She is the sexiest thing that has EVER graced the TAC!

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

From the Fresno Bee :

Attorney points to coach's complaint

She brought forth allegations of sexual harassment, he says.

By Jeff Davis / The Fresno Bee

(Updated Friday, February 11, 2005, 9:11 AM)

Interim head coach Adrian Wiggins prepares for Fresno State's women's basketball game Thursday. In its first game without coach Stacy Johnson-Klein, the team beat Texas-El Paso.
    Tomas Ovalle / The Fresno Bee

The attorney for Stacy Johnson-Klein said he believes the Fresno State women's basketball coach was placed on administrative leave because of complaints she made to the school's athletic department about sexual harassment and gender discrimination.

Warren Paboojian said the complaints, made two weeks ago, were "based on things said and done to her."

"The timing of her suspension and those complaints are suspicious," Paboojian said.

Fresno State placed Johnson-Klein on paid leave Wednesday pending an investigation into allegations of several serious violations of university policies and two secondary NCAA violations. Adrian Wiggins, Johnson-Klein's top assistant, was named interim head coach by athletic director Scott Johnson.

Johnson-Klein said Thursday she was told the categories of the alleged violations, but wasn't given details. She said she was called into a meeting Wednesday with Desiree Reed-Francois, the associate athletic director of compliance, and associate athletic director Randy Welniak, the women's basketball supervisor.

"They told me the three [categories] were making racial remarks, my professional behavior and recruiting violations," Johnson-Klein said.

"I've never made any racial remarks. Never. I don't know where they got that. The others are minor. No one's perfect, but I run a very tight ship."

Johnson-Klein also said she was told Monday by Reed-Francois and Welniak that Jo Williams, mother of former player Tiffany Williams, had come to Fresno to get the coach fired for releasing her daughter from the program. Jo and Tiffany Williams met with school officials Feb. 4.

"I was told that Jo Williams wanted two things: me to be fired, and her daughter to have a scholarship for four years," Johnson-Klein said. "Desiree and Randy both said they were there for me, and that was the last I heard." Said Reed-Francois: "We're in an investigation. It is irresponsible to comment on anything in or around this investigation."

Welniak said, "I can't comment on that."

Jo Williams said her only intention of coming from her home in Dayton, Ohio, was to get answers for why her daughter was released in December. She denied trying to bring down Johnson-Klein.

"No, I don't have that clout," she said, while attending Fresno State's game Thursday against Texas-El Paso. She said she didn't think Johnson-Klein had violated rules by releasing her daughter.

"I came because Tiffany wasn't given a fair chance," she said. "She wasn't given enough time to be evaluated. I need somebody to hear me and make a stand for Tiffany."

Johnson declined to discuss the matter when reached outside his office Thursday afternoon: "No comment, it's a personnel issue."

When asked about a timetable for the investigation, he said: "I hope it can get done in two to four weeks. We want to move quickly on this."

He also said it is possible for the coach to return to the sideline during the investigation.

School President John D. Welty issued a statement through the university relations department saying, "Out of respect for the individuals involved in this process, the university will not be providing any information or comment about this issue until the review is complete."

A disheveled, red-eyed Johnson-Klein said Thursday that she was "devastated" by the school's actions against her. Her husband, Chuck Klein, said, "It absolutely blindsided her."

Johnson-Klein said she heard from friends that her coaching staff and players were behind an effort to oust her. "I'm shocked at the rumors I'm hearing about a mutiny, that my people have turned against me," she said during an interview Thursday at her Clovis home.

Wiggins denied the coaches were out to get Johnson-Klein. "No, it's not true," he said hours before Thursday's game. "There is no mutiny."

School administrators met separately Monday with players and Johnson-Klein's coaching staff. That came four days after Johnson-Klein got into a dispute over a bill at a Ruston, La., restaurant. The situation was resolved after the restaurant's owner and a police officer later met with Johnson-Klein to settle the bill. The next day, Johnson-Klein had a confrontation with Louisiana Tech coach Kurt Budke, in which the Bulldogs coach reportedly was heard to say, "I hate my staff."

"It had nothing to do with any staff at Fresno State," Johnson-Klein said. "It was misconstrued. We were talking about something different. I care deeply about my staff."

Both Wiggins and assistant coach Drew Champagne said Johnson-Klein, who stayed on the road recruiting while the team returned home, called them about the incident.

"She explained it wasn't true, and she cares about us," Wiggins said. "And she would never say anything like that."

Said Champagne: "She said she didn't remember saying that. I accepted that."

Johnson, in a news release Wednesday, said the "alleged violations" in the investigation of Johnson-Klein "are not believed to involve major NCAA violations, although there are potentially two secondary infractions which will be immediately reported to the NCAA."

It is not known whether a secondary violation would affect the terms of Fresno State's athletic departmentwide probation.

Reed-Francois, in charge of school compliance, said: "That would call for a legal conclusion. It depends on the nature of the findings."

The NCAA, in September 2003, placed the athletic department on four years probation, concluding a three-year investigation that centered on former coach Jerry Tarkanian's men's basketball team.

The NCAA found major violations that included academic fraud, ineligible players receiving financial aid, players receiving free food and a lack of institutional control.

Also, former Fresno State associate athletic director Diane Milutinovich has a lawsuit pending against the university over gender equity, and Lindy Vivas, who was removed as the Bulldogs' volleyball coach Dec. 6, said she lost her job in retaliation for advocating gender equity and said she is in the process of filing a lawsuit against the university.

Meanwhile on Thursday, the Bulldogs defeated Texas-El Paso 65-47 in their first game under Wiggins. Johnson-Klein said she watched the game on television at home.

Paboojian said the university has "instructed Stacy not to contact the staff and players, and they aren't allowed to contact her."

Inside the Save Mart Center on Thursday, fans slowly made their way to the stands. Wiggins went virtually unnoticed when he emerged from the locker room and walked to his seat flanked by his assistant coaches. Only a few cheers were audible.

Fans interviewed before the game voiced support for Johnson-Klein.

"We're behind her 100%," said Gary Hanoian, 55, of Fowler. "It would be devastating to [lose her]. She brought the program from 500 fans to 5,000. Missing one game, that's all I want to see."

Said Dee Marlin, 78, of Fresno: "She's brought a mediocre program and made it a contender for the NCAA Tournament."

Tiffany Williams, left, and her mother, Jo Williams, were in Fresno last week. Jo Williams came from her Ohio home to get answers on why Tiffany was dropped from the basketball team.
    Tomas Ovalle / The Fresno Bee

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

It just keeps getting more interesting...........

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

As I posted immediately after the incident in Ruston, her days are numbered.

One Fresneck fan is hoping she's gone. He posted that if Hawaii can beat the Techsters, the Lady Fresnecks should too. He blames SJK for that.

Oh well....we have our own problems, like trying to get a higher seed in the NCAAs.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

That article puts the circumstances leading up to the events in Ruston into perspective. Obviously she is dealing with a lot of "stuff" all at the same time (including team and administration loyalty). Not excusing her emotional responses, but this background info certainly helps add clarity to the situation.

Sounds like the administration wants to toss her out after she quickly grew the program from a WAC joke into a contender. That would be a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin
    That article puts the circumstances leading up to the events in Ruston into perspective. Obviously she is dealing with a lot of "stuff" all at the same time (including team and administration loyalty). Not excusing her emotional responses, but this background info certainly helps add clarity to the situation.

Sounds like the administration wants to toss her out after she quickly grew the program from a WAC joke into a contender. That would be a shame.
    The Fresno message board has been filled with hate for her all year. The ones that dislike her state that she is out for herself and not for the program. They don't like her advertising herself on TV and on Billboards. The fact of the matter is that they have increased attendance from around 500 to 5000. THAT is unbelievable.

She has, also, taken them from bottom dwellers to "in the mix" and, at least, in position to control their destiny with a NCAA bid. She already took them to the WNIT.

I don't know what to think of all of this. I don't agree with how she acted in Ruston, but I don't know the other side of the story. There is ALWAYS another side. I really feel sorry for her to tell you the truth. I hope she comes out of all of this in good shape.

After all, she still represents Tech and always will. Barmore trained her in D1 and she got her start with us.

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light

I think its a shame for the parents of that ex-player to be demanding answers. The girl was no good is all SJK should have to say. Parents today are ruining a whole generation of spoiled brats that don't want to take responsibilty for anything. I will be willing to bet thats where the "racial" stuff will come from. Everyone thinks there son/daughter is the next MJ or Mia Hamm. Its getting rediculous.

BTW, someone please let me know when the PB issue with her in it comes out!!

RD
    We're gonna miss you dawgpound!

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

SJK stays in the news at the Fresno Bee :

Coach's goal was to give 'Dogs teeth

Flashy Johnson-Klein has put basketball program in spotlight.

By Jody Murray
    The Fresno Bee

(Updated Sunday, February 13, 2005, 7:02 AM)

A billboard at Golden State and Herndon features Fresno State women's basketball coach Stacy Johnson-Klein. Her image appears on eight billboards promoting one of Eye-Q's services.
    Diana Baldrica / The Fresno Bee

With a face 6 feet high and pearly whites 2 feet wide, Stacy Johnson-Klein gives motorists her endorsement of Botox injections. Her name doesn't appear on the billboard. It clearly isn't necessary.

People instantly recognize the coach of Fresno State's women's basketball team. Johnson-Klein wants it that way. Since her arrival in spring 2002, the woman from tiny Stigler, Okla., has worked to raise the level of her program by, in part, pushing her own visibility.

She doesn't mince words about her lasso-the-moon goals for women's basketball. Within five years, she has said, Fresno State should be ranked consistently in the nation's top 20 and attract several thousand fans per home game.

Johnson-Klein has been willing to speak anywhere, anytime about the team. Even her striking features are put to use in public appearances and at courtside.

The coach's efforts to slide her program to the public's front burner only magnified last week's startling development. The university placed Johnson-Klein on paid administrative leave Wednesday while it investigates possible serious violations of university policy and of minor NCAA rules.

Johnson-Klein said later the allegations involved professional behavior, recruiting violations and racial remarks. "I've never made any racial remarks. Never," she told The Bee. "I don't know where they got that. The others are minor. No one's perfect, but I run a very tight ship."

Her attorney, Warren Paboojian, said Johnson-Klein complained to the athletic department two weeks ago about sexual harassment and gender discrimination. He said the timing of the action against his 34-year-old client is "suspicious."

University officials have declined to give details about their investigation or respond to Paboojian, citing the ongoing probe and the privacy of personnel matters.

While Johnson-Klein's future with Fresno State couldn't be murkier, Scott Bridgeman is willing to sit tight and see what happens. As CEO of Eye-Q Vision Care, Bridgeman crafted an endorsement agreement with Johnson-Klein. Her image appears throughout the community on eight billboards that espouse one of Eye-Q's services -- injections of Botox, which can smooth facial wrinkles by relaxing the muscles below. "Does she or doesn't she? She does," reads the text next to Johnson-Klein, who sports a spaghetti-strapped green dress.

On Thursday, the day after it was announced that Johnson-Klein was on paid administrative leave, Bridgeman saw no reason to make any immediate alterations to Eye-Q's business agreement with the coach.

"I guess you'd say the jury is still out," said Bridgeman, who declined to provide details of the agreement. "I believe in being innocent until proven guilty."

Johnson-Klein first introduced herself to the Valley in a news conference April 5, 2002. She was taking charge of a program that had not seen a winning season since 1989-90. "I don't see a reason why you can't win at Fresno State," she said then. "I can't come up with one reason."

Her surname was not hyphenated at the time. A single mother with one child, she was engaged to Chuck Klein, who sat in the front row at the news conference. They married four months later.

Before coming to Fresno, Johnson-Klein spent two years as an assistant coach in charge of recruiting at Louisiana Tech, then an annual juggernaut in college women's basketball. Before that, she was head coach for three years for Cameron University, a small school in Lawton, Okla.

Fresno State athletic director Scott Johnson said he launched a "full-court press" to steer her away from a job much closer to her roots, as head coach at Oklahoma State.

The athletic director's best weapon aside of financial enticements was the Save Mart Center, the 16,116-seat basketball palace going up on the southeast corner of the campus. The women's home at the time, the venerable North Gym, has less than a tenth of that capacity.

"We've got to sell women's basketball," Johnson said at the news conference.

Johnson-Klein wasted no time repackaging the product. On April 11, 2002, she canceled the scholarships of three freshman players. The players said they were told in individual meetings that they hadn't attended study hall, had borderline grades in some classes and didn't fit her vision for the team.

Fresno State's first season under Johnson-Klein took everyone by surprise. The team, populated largely with players recruited by her predecessor, Britt King, went 21-13. The record included a three-game run in the postseason Women's National Invitation Tournament.

Their second game in the tournament, a victory over Oregon State in Selland Arena, drew an announced 4,507. After the final buzzer, Johnson-Klein grabbed a microphone and yelled in a hoarse rasp, "Thank you, Fresno! ... When I got here, they told me no one would come. Look at this!"

In what became a pattern over succeeding years, other emotional high-water marks of the season involved Johnson-Klein's old employer. In January 2003, an announced crowd of 1,683, a record for the North Gym, attended a 10-point loss to Louisiana Tech. Two months later, on national television, the Lady Techsters walloped Fresno State, 89-57, for the Western Athletic Conference tournament crown.

After the first game, Johnson-Klein cried and embraced Tech players. After the second, a more somber Fresno State coach said: "I don't like getting killed, but I'd rather be out there than in the stands watching."

In October 2003, Johnson-Klein gave birth to her second child. A week later, she was back in the gym preparing for her second season.

It was as disappointing on the court as her first was unexpected. The final record was 13-16, including a hollow 7-11 mark in the WAC. The team started 1-9 in conference games, then finished with a surge.

Fans hoped the Bulldogs could carry this momentum into the WAC tournament. The tournament champion automatically grabs a spot in the NCAA tournament, and the WAC was gathering at the Save Mart Center, which opened for business that season. Such hopes were quashed in a first-round loss.

Around the court, however, Johnson-Klein's efforts were paying off. The announced average home attendance of 4,495 ranked 19th among NCAA Division I schools.

The athletic department sold 4,000 season tickets to the women's program. (As with other Fresno State sports and at other universities, season tickets are factored into every attendance total.) But the actual head count was less than that, as some season ticket holders chose to stay home.

In December 2003, Johnson-Klein spoke out about the lack of fans in the seats. The team had just defeated Santa Clara in the second half of a Save Mart Center doubleheader with the men's team.

"I'm through being quiet," she said. "It was humiliating for my players to see that many people leave. I'm tired of it."

The university, she said, was not doing enough to entice people to stick around after the men's game and watch her squad.

Johnson-Klein, by contrast, had her marketing machine fully oiled and humming. Early on, she spoke to community clubs and to campus sororities. (The males on her staff talked to fraternities.) She later formed endorsement agreements with a furniture store and an automobile dealership. She secured a weekly call-in radio show. (Football coach Pat Hill and men's basketball coach Ray Lopes have radio shows, as does former Fresno State men's basketball coach Jerry Tarkanian. And it is common for college coaches across the country to have endorsement deals.)

Johnson-Klein also cut a singular figure at courtside. Even people who didn't attend the team's game talked about the coach with the high-heel shoes, leopard-print slacks, plunging décolletage and beauty-pageant locks.

Johnson-Klein sees no reason to be shy. Quite the contrary, she said, a flashy outfit gets you noticed, which is exactly what she wants to happen.

"The first thing that's said when I come through the door is 'Wow, she doesn't look like a coach,' " Johnson-Klein said in a March 2003 interview with Bee columnist John Branch. "And my response to that is always, 'Well, what exactly does a coach look like?' "

Her appearance and her growing presence in the public eye became easy fodder at places like the Bark Board, the unofficial headquarters for Fresno State fans on the Internet.

"I know there are a lot of posters who pick up on that. They say that she's a lot about self-promotion and not about promoting the team," said Michael Ford, moderator of the Bark Board's Lady Dogs forum. "On the other hand, in the past there were posters who complained about Pat Hill's hat [which he doesn't wash during a season], but that never turned into 'Pat Hill dresses like a male gigolo.' "

Bridgeman, the Eye-Q CEO, said he believes Johnson-Klein's work away from the court is intended to serve more than herself: "I don't think she uses this to blow her own horn. She uses it to raise attention for women's basketball and for the program."

Ford, a Fresno State graduate, teaches high school in Los Alamitos and is an assistant coach for the Cypress College women's basketball team. He said the action against Johnson-Klein last week didn't catch him fully off-guard.

"If you're going to draw attention to yourself," he said, "you better make sure the actions you take hold up to scrutiny."

Johnson-Klein has never been bashful. Last November, the university announced that some early-round games of the women's NCAA tournament -- the "big dance" -- would be held at the Save Mart Center. A week later, after her team's season-opening victory over Pepperdine, the coach said: "I really think they're ready to put on their dancing shoes."

The Bulldogs kept the dream alive for a while, sprinting to a 10-1 start. But then the team stumbled over the core of its WAC schedule. Back-to-back losses at home to Southern Methodist and Louisiana Tech lowlighted a five-game skid at the Save Mart Center. The home woes were counterbalanced by strong performances on the road.

Saturday's home 71-50 victory over Boise State followed a victory Thursday over University of Texas at El Paso at Save Mart Center. With interim coach Adrian Wiggins leading the team, Fresno State's overall mark is now 15-7 -- still good enough to stoke some postseason dreams.

In early January, Johnson-Klein sat down with Melanie Warner, editor in chief of Fresno magazine, for a wide-ranging interview. The issue, with Johnson-Klein's face and the question "Overexposed?" on the cover, came out Feb. 1 -- the Tuesday before Fresno State's road trip to Louisiana Tech and Southern Methodist.

In the magazine's seven-page question-and-answer spread -- preceded by a two-page Eye-Q ad featuring Johnson-Klein and her husband -- the coach describes growing up in poverty in Oklahoma. Her family "only ate when the church fed us," and "Spam and bologna were delicacies."

She says a "distant family member" sexually abused her when she was "very young," and that her mother remarried several times. Basketball, along with her Christian upbringing, helped steady her life and steer her toward an education.

"The drive not to lose has been stronger than the hunger to win," she says in the interview.

She also offers a reason for why she works so relentlessly on remaining in the public eye: "I hope to change the face of women's basketball in Fresno. Not only have a winning team, but also a revenue-producing team to help support the university."

The day after Fresno magazine hit the streets, the team was 1,500 miles away in Ruston, La., where they would play Louisiana Tech. Johnson-Klein took the players, staffers and others in the traveling party -- 27 people in all -- to a restaurant that she said was one of her favorites when she coached there.

They arrived without calling ahead. A manager of the restaurant said it took an hour and a half to prepare and serve the orders, and that the coach refused to pay the full bill. The dispute was resolved after the restaurant's owner and a police officer met later with the coach.

The team lost again to the Lady Techsters the next night, 86-76, but the Bulldogs coach was heartened. Her squad led by seven at halftime and fought to the end. "That was the best game I have seen so far this year," she said later.

Immediately after the game, according to the Shreveport Times, Johnson-Klein had a confrontation with Louisiana Tech coach Kurt Budke, during which the newspaper reported her saying, "I hate my staff." Days later, Johnson-Klein said those words were misconstrued and had nothing to do with her staff.

Johnson-Klein saw only one more Bulldogs game in person -- a road victory over Southern Methodist two nights after the loss to Louisiana Tech.

When she returned to Fresno on Wednesday after completing some recruiting visits, Johnson-Klein was called to a meeting and told of the school's decision to place her on paid administrative leave. Paboojian said Johnson-Klein was told by university officials not to contact players or staff.

Even though she is not coaching, the image of Stacy Johnson-Klein remains in the public eye -- on a newsstand, along a roadside.

The reporter can be reached at jmurray@fresnobee.com or at (559) 441-6367.

Just wanted to say hello to Tark from the Fresno Board. I know he is following this thread. Maybe we can get him to give us some insight from a non Stacy supporter.

Champ killerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nice killerdawg's Avatar

I met her at the WAC celebration in S'port in 2001 and she was the real deal in person.

I say let's get her back and don't let her go again.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Eek Re: Stacy Johnson Klein Placed on Administrative Leave

Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bad_man
    She is super fine

Big Day tomorrow for sjk :

Johnson-Klein And Fresno State To Meet

February 21, 2005 — The showdown between Fresno State and suspended women's basketball coach Stacy Johnson-Klein is set for Tuesday.

University officials are keeping quiet on the exact location of the meeting, but legal experts says certain illegal activities have to be proven against coach Klein before she can be fired.

Support remains strong among fans of the Lady Bulldogs in favor of the coach returning.

Everyone should know soon whether Stacy Johnson-Klein will grace the sidelines again.

The issues expected to be discussed surrounding her suspension include: team travel, the coach's contract, and compensation and possible policy violations.

Local defense attorney Ernest Kinney says the allegations must be strong to stick, "If they've got some real strength in these charges some kind of fraud some sort of illegal activity then they might have a lot stronger case here."

While the university isn't providing any other details of alleged problems, Action News has reported that sources say investigators have been looking into accusations Johnson-Klein improperly obtained painkillers. Administrators won't say if it's found any evidence to support or refute the allegation. The coach strongly denies any wrongdoing.

Johnson-Klein could loose a lot financially as her salary and endorsements well exceed $400,000.

Kinney says a truce may be best, "Both sides can extend an olive branch here and maybe resolve this because if they fire her they are in the middle of a lawsuit and if she then alleges sexual harassment they could get hurt bad."

The women Bulldogs have two games at home this week. Only time will tell if coach Klein will be allowed to rejoin her team.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

What a mess. Sad really.

+ Reply to Thread