+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Stacy Johnson Klein Placed on Administrative Leave

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

Re: Stacy Johnson Klein Placed on Administrative Leave

Can you say "Titanic"!!!

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Sounds like Wiggins was the one actually doing the coaching and sjk was doing the fronting/recruiting ??

Another Sonja/Leon arrangement, but Sonja at least knew how to behave ??

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

She's done at Fresno. Even if she's got a legit sexual harassment beef, they aren't going to bring back someone with that many problems.

You know, Sonja did pretty well at Tech, but she blew up a bit too over at Baylor. It wasn't this extreme, but she had a staff that was imploding and players who were ready to revolt because of her behavior. Maybe it's just tough to be a figurehead.

Varsity Bulldog nevester is an unknown

http://www.cbs47.tv/news/local/story...4-5B120A11FF02

First on 47: Fresno State Athletic Dir. resigns
    Posted: 2/25/2005 3:11:32 PM CBS 47 is first with the story as Fresno State officials announce Athletic Director Scott Johnson's resignation. CBS 47's Paul Loeffler says that resignation was made effective at 2:00pm on Friday. Johnson has been athletic director for about three years, but has been with the University since the mid-1980s. It's not clear whether Johnson resigned as a result of the suspension and investigation into basketball coach Stacy Johnson-Klein

Athletics Director Scott Johnson Announces His Retirement

After four years at the helm of the athletics department, Johnson will retire when his contract ends this summer.

Feb. 25, 2005

FRESNO, Calif. - Scott Johnson, Athletics Director of California State University, Fresno, has announced he will be retiring from the university when his contract ends this summer.

Johnson's four-year tenure as Athletics Director at Fresno State has included some of the most significant achievements in the 94-year history of the campus.

Johnson was appointed as Athletics Director during a period of some of the most dynamic and tumultuous change in the university's athletic program. His overall service at Fresno State spans more than 24 years and includes work as an associate athletics director, and in sports information and media relations, radio and television, fund raising and special projects.

"I have been considering retiring from this position for several months," Johnson said. "I'm looking forward to having the time to pursue new opportunities and spend quality time with my family.

"Because of the items that need to be addressed in the department in the near future, I have indicated to President Welty that he may want to appoint someone immediately to lead the department during the transition. I am prepared to assist the department in any way I can to assure a smooth transition," Johnson said.

"I appreciate the opportunity I've had to work at the university for the past 24 years. I've tried to run the department following the four core values we developed in our five-year strategic plan - pride, success, integrity and commitment. The support of my staff and the many prayers by supporters have upheld me and the department through many difficult times," he said.

"I know some may want to connect my retirement announcement with items in the news about the women's basketball coach's suspension. There simply isn't any connection. No matter when I made this announcement there would have been some other item or event that people would try to link to the announcement," Johnson said.

Fresno State President John D. Welty praised Johnson and indicated that he will be remembered as an "extremely hard-working director who faced some extraordinarily difficult issues and was able to advance the program."

"I am particularly proud of Scott's commitment to improving the academic performance of student-athletes, and his tireless work to provide the support to ensure a quality program at Fresno State," Welty said.

Welty said he is encouraging Johnson to remain involved with the university. "Scott has made a lasting contribution to this university. I'm looking to him to continue to lead in work with our alumni, friends and volunteers."

Welty indicated that he will announce plans for the transition period and the process for searching for a new Athletics Director in the next few days.

Johnson championed the development and completion of the Ricchiuti Academic Center and the expansion of the Duncan Building at Bulldog Stadium. Those two projects, recently completed with donor funding at a combined cost of $5 million, dramatically enhanced Fresno State's athletic facilities for academics and the Bulldog football program.

The Ricchiuti Academic Center provides nearly 6,000 square feet of study areas, tutorial and computer labs, plus coaches offices for the women's soccer team. The Duncan Building expansion houses coaches offices, meeting and conference rooms, an audio/visual control room, a new Bulldog locker room and a theater-style auditorium.

"I am very proud to have been able to complete those buildings and to have the honor of working alongside our boosters, the community and our coaches and students," Johnson said.

Johnson's focus on improving the overall academic performance of Fresno State student-athletes has produced dramatic results, with a consistent improvement in their grades. Student-athletes have shown a three-year improvement in overall grade-point averages, recording an all-time record 2.91 GPA for all student-athletes last year. Johnson also ended the former practice of accepting academic "non-qualifiers" into the Bulldog athletic program, and boosted community service among student-athletes.

Johnson was also responsible for some of the greatest sports scheduling coups in the history of the school. Just this month, he was able to arrange the first-ever regular season meeting between Fresno State's football team and the national champion USC Trojans.

Throughout his tenure at the university, both as Athletic Director and associate athleticdirector, he was able to set one of the most aggressive football schedules in the country against schools such as UCLA, Wisconsin, Washington, Tennessee, Colorado, Ohio State, Oregon, Oregon State, Texas Tech and Oklahoma State. He attracted some of the most successful coaches in university history. Notably, Johnson played a key role in attracting head football coach Pat Hill to Fresno State in 1996. Most recently he successfully recruited former Stanford University coach Ruben Nieves to accept the position of head coach of the Bulldog volleyball team.

Johnson also advanced the marketing of Bulldog sports through the restructuring the marketing department and signing an all-sports apparel agreement with Nike. He successfully attracted NCAA championship tournaments to Fresno. He directed the athletic program and helped coordinate fund raising throughout the opening of the new $103 million Save Mart Center - the finest on-campus events center on the West Coast.

Johnson's four years as Athletics Director also included significant milestones and controversies, including the retirement of legendary coach Jerry Tarkanian, the resolution of NCAA sanctions about academic fraud issues, the suspension of student-athletes and the elimination of sports due to budget cuts.

Johnson took over a financially strapped Athletics department and made some difficult decisions that included reducing administrative costs and sports offerings.

Despite cutbacks, Johnson's vision for the future of Bulldog athletics included growth, as he spearheaded the efforts to introduce women's golf as a varsity sport to the department beginning in fall 2004. He was instrumental in the founding of the Green V Association to attract large gifts and donations for Athletics. Additionally, a new development director was hired to help the department seek funds for operational and capital projects. Johnson advanced plans for expanding Bulldog Stadium and building a new athletics department complex at the south end of the stadium.

"I was faced with some very tough decisions," Johnson said. "Throughout all of the difficult times, we were able to keep moving the program ahead. We often take for granted how far Fresno State has come in national recognition and respect. I think that is a great credit to the perseverance and dedication of the athletics department, our students, coaches and our loyal Bulldog fans."

Johnson was appointed by President Welty as Fresno State's Athletics Director on Jan. 7, 2002 after serving in the position on an interim basis beginning on July 3, 2001, replacing former AD Al Bohl.

Prior to serving as Athletics Director, Johnson was Fresno State's associate athletics director for seven years. He joined the Fresno State staff in 1981 as sports information director and advanced to serve as the assistant athletic director for communications.

His responsibilities in radio and television included all radio and television contracts for Fresno State athletics. Johnson developed the WAC's most comprehensive media package for women's sports. Johnson's extensive radio and television experience was demonstrated when the university successfully negotiated national broadcasts of Fresno State football games on ESPN.

Johnson started his career in 1972 at Clackamas Community College in Clackamas, Ore., where he was sports information director and assistant basketball coach from 1972-74. From 1972-76 he was publicity director for the Oregon Community College Athletic Association. In 1976 he was named assistant sports information director at Oregon State University.

He has worked NCAA basketball regional tournaments, been director of NCAA regional and WAC baseball championship tournaments and coordinated publicity campaigns for national caliber athletes, including Heisman Trophy campaigns for Kevin Sweeney and Trent Dilfer.

Johnson, 54, is a graduate of the University of Oregon with a bachelor's degree in journalism. He obtained his master's degree in sports administration from Fresno State in May 2000.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

SJK for A.D. at Fresno ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nevester
    Athletics Director Scott Johnson Announces His Retirement

Johnson championed the development and completion of the Ricchiuti Academic Center and the expansion of the Duncan Building at Bulldog Stadium. Those two projects, recently completed with donor funding at a combined cost of $5 million, dramatically enhanced Fresno State's athletic facilities for academics and the Bulldog football program.

The Ricchiuti Academic Center provides nearly 6,000 square feet of study areas, tutorial and computer labs, plus coaches offices for the women's soccer team. The Duncan Building expansion houses coaches offices, meeting and conference rooms, an audio/visual control room, a new Bulldog locker room and a theater-style auditorium.

Johnson's focus on improving the overall academic performance of Fresno State student-athletes has produced dramatic results, with a consistent improvement in their grades. Student-athletes have shown a three-year improvement in overall grade-point averages, recording an all-time record 2.91 GPA for all student-athletes last year. Johnson also ended the former practice of accepting academic "non-qualifiers" into the Bulldog athletic program, and boosted community service among student-athletes.

Throughout his tenure at the university, both as Athletic Director and associate athleticdirector, he was able to set one of the most aggressive football schedules in the country against schools such as UCLA, Wisconsin, Washington, Tennessee, Colorado, Ohio State, Oregon, Oregon State, Texas Tech and Oklahoma State. He attracted some of the most successful coaches in university history. Notably, Johnson played a key role in attracting head football coach Pat Hill to Fresno State in 1996. Most recently he successfully recruited former Stanford University coach Ruben Nieves to accept the position of head coach of the Bulldog volleyball team.

Johnson also advanced the marketing of Bulldog sports through the restructuring the marketing department and signing an all-sports apparel agreement with Nike. He successfully attracted NCAA championship tournaments to Fresno. He directed the athletic program and helped coordinate fund raising throughout the opening of the new $103 million Save Mart Center - the finest on-campus events center on the West Coast.

Johnson took over a financially strapped Athletics department and made some difficult decisions that included reducing administrative costs and sports offerings.

Despite cutbacks, Johnson's vision for the future of Bulldog athletics included growth, as he spearheaded the efforts to introduce women's golf as a varsity sport to the department beginning in fall 2004. He was instrumental in the founding of the Green V Association to attract large gifts and donations for Athletics. Additionally, a new development director was hired to help the department seek funds for operational and capital projects. Johnson advanced plans for expanding Bulldog Stadium and building a new athletics department complex at the south end of the stadium.

"I was faced with some very tough decisions," Johnson said. "Throughout all of the difficult times, we were able to keep moving the program ahead. We often take for granted how far Fresno State has come in national recognition and respect. I think that is a great credit to the perseverance and dedication of the athletics department, our students, coaches and our loyal Bulldog fans."

Scott Johnson for A.D. at Tech!!!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I definitely don't want SJ as A.D. He has been trouble from the beginning with Fresno. Much of what happened with SJK can be put at his feet. There have been legal problems all through his administration and most Fresno fans are very glad to see him go. They are celebrating on their message board.

I can make D.R. look good in an article too.
    Last edited by champion110; 02-26-2005 at 06:25 AM.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Just kidding about actually wanting him to come here. But Johnson had a vision and carried it out. That is the part I liked. Bottom line is, he got things done that we do not even have a clue about.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown
    Just kidding about actually wanting him to come here. But Johnson had a vision and carried it out. That is the part I liked. Bottom line is, he got things done that we do not even have a clue about.
    I figured you were. I do wonder if he was responsible for the Save Mart Center and getting the whole Valley to support Fresno. If so, he sure does know how to market and get sponsors. So, I will give him that. Wouldn't that be nice to have here..........

Finally, a sjk supporter comes forward:

Local Athlete Shows Support for Coach

February 26, 2005 — A top local athlete, professional boxer Jennifer Alcorn, is throwing her support behind embattled Bulldog women's basketball coach Stacy Johnson-Klein.

Professional boxer and trainer Jennifer Alcorn made it clear — she's in Stacy Johnson-Klein's corner.

Alcorn called a news conference and shot back at assistant coaches on the women's basketball team. "I'm disturbed that all these coaches are talking, and who knows? Maybe they were all going to lose their jobs and they knew it."

Assistants Adrian Wiggins, Drew Champagne and Calamity McEntire reportedly said they planned to quit.

But Alcorn, who worked as the team's conditioning coach before the season, said Johnson-Klein was probably going to fire them.

"I believe that she was going to have to clean house again ... and those were her words. She put her hands on her head and said, 'I'm afraid I'm going to have to clean house again and how's that going to look?'"

Johnson-Klein has been on suspension from the team for more than two weeks, pending the outcome of a university investigation.

But, Alcorn says the biggest problems came from within Johnson-Klein's own staff. She says Johnson-Klein told her about serious issues with assistants Drew Champagne and Calamity McIntire.

"She had relayed me some info that she was having problems with Calamity, that she was having inappropriate relationships with the men's basketball team ... a lot of inappropriate things she had to be counseled on."

"She was concerned about Drew and his relationships, not with the men's team, but with the women's basketball team. He was getting very close to some of the women players and she'd talked to him on several occasions about that as well."

Alcorn says Johnson-Klein did not ask her to come forward. She says she's been friends with the coach since her arrival in Fresno.

Alcorn says the entire story behind Johnson-Klein's suspension is still not out. "This leaking of information ... it's disturbing to me because the entire story hasn't come out yet. Let the investigation get done."

I really don't know what to think about all of this. Stacy is either really bad news or this is a HUGE set up against her. Looking at the history of the Fresno administration, it could easily be a set up.

Stacy is a little too smart for that, though. If they were trying to set her up, she will get the best of them.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

But to think that way Champ, you would have to conclude that her entire staff is made up of bad people and bad coaches. Usually where there is smoke there is fire. I find it very compelling that her staff all felt like they could not continue under the current conditions. In a lot of these cases, whatever they finally hang on you is usually just the tip of the iceberg. I, like I guess everyone else who was not closely involved with the program, thought she was doing a great job. But there just might be something wrong with her methods. However it turns out, its just an unfortunate situation.

The news today is that she was going to have to fire some of her staff and start over. If they found out about that, wouldn't they try to "get her".

Anyway, I don't want to take the Stacy position (does that have another meaning?), but there is probably two sides to this situation.

This story has not been updated on video yet: http://www.cbs47.tv/
    but the following is the start of a thread on Fresno's Barkboard.

http://mb3.scout.com/ffresnostatefrm...icID=299.topic

Anjelica Lopez confirms SJK puts Macy's before her health
    "Channel 47 interviewed and confirmed Anjelica Lopez' story that SJK tried to convince her not to go to the hospital in New York City, despite passing out twice, and vomiting all day.

Upon convincing SJK to let her go to the hospital, SJK convinced the bus driver to drop her and her family off at Macy's BEFORE they took Anjelica to the hospital......." -from Barkboard

+ Reply to Thread