+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech Traditions

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Tech Traditions

I recently got a mailout from the alumni association about a committee being formed to document Louisiana Tech tradtions. They are requesting assistance and input on the matter from all Tech fans and alumni. If you have something good, email Kyle Edmiston at kyle@latechalumni.org . I want to know what are the best traditions we have.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Tech Traditions

One of our strongets traditions at Tech is political appointments and unqualified administration.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

HA HA! but seriously this is a chance to put on paper what makes us great. Once officially established we can promote it like other prominent universities. I figured that with this large amount of Tech fans dedicated as we are on this site, we would jump at the chance to fix, change, or preserve what we want about Tech. I personally like the Spirit of 88, the Dog sign we make with our hands, and Lady Techsters blue being totally different than Bulldogs blue.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG
    I personally like...Lady Techsters blue being totally different than Bulldogs blue.
    and both being totally different from the "official" blue.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

I personally like... Lady Techsters blue being totally different than Bulldogs blue.
    Please explain why you like the Lady Techsters' blue to be different than the Bulldogs' blue? Traditions are almost always built through unification, not through diversification.

One blue for every Louisiana Tech athletics team is one of the first things I would FIX, not embrace. BB&B and others have been working on this for a few years now.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin
    Please explain why you like the Lady Techsters' blue to be different than the Bulldogs' blue? Traditions are almost always built through unification, not through diversification.

One blue for every Louisiana Tech athletics team is one of the first things I would FIX, not embrace. BB&B and others have been working on this for a few years now.
    Excellent point. This is about Tech's traditions, and the Lady Techsters never had the exact same shade of blue two years in a row even in the glory days because the the blue component was almost impossible to match. The problems with blue started in the early '70's when the traditional blue was monkeyed with by the administration.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck
    Excellent point. This is about Tech's traditions, and the Lady Techsters never had the exact same shade of blue two years in a row even in the glory days because the the blue component was almost impossible to match. The problems with blue started in the early '70's when the traditional blue was monkeyed with by the administration.
    Yes, Maxie Lambright "monkeyed" with columbia blue on the away football pants. And, they looked so cool! But, this is no longer. However . . . .
    Coach Lambright also came up with our logo still used today. It's the BEST. It's our brand. It's recognizable anywhere. It IS a tradition.
    tm
    PS--My other tradition to throw out there is Ed & Mary's at the Cheniere exit going to Monroe.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

I think that columbia blue is a great color. I have always liked it. The mens blue is also pretty cool. I guess that being different than others always stood out for me as a Tech Fan. It shows that the mens and womens teams have different identities and the same goal.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

I think that columbia blue is a great color. I have always liked it. The mens blue is also pretty cool. I guess that being different than others always stood out for me as a Tech Fan. It shows that the mens and womens teams have different identities and the same goal.
    The emphasis on differences within the athletic department is exactly what has created much of the division that exists today. That thinking is a key part of the problem, not part of any solution.

Tech has ONE athletic department and it should be marketed (still not sure if that word exists in the Tech athletic administration vocabulary on a consistent basis) that way. That includes emphasizing the strengths of the individual sports programs but doing it under a single umbrella. One set of school colors and more consistent use of the state block T logo for all sports should have been done years ago. I wouldn't go so far as mandating a nickname change for the Lady Techsters to Bulldogs, but if all women's teams don't use Lady Techsters then none should.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Well, if Budke can't turn the program around and return it to its glory days, then, yes, WBB should change its name to Lady Bulldogs and adopt whatever blue our color Nazis deem appropriate.

After all, if the WBB program is gonna join the ranks of the rest of the mediocre programs, they might as well look like 'em too. Then it'll just be "Louisiana Tech's Women's Basketball team" not the "Lady Techsters." The Techsters were elites in the sport, not some program thrilled with a #89 RPI or a win over a 3-8 Tulsa football team.

But, I don't think Budke and Tech are ready to run up the white flag quite yet. So, for the time being, leave the Techsters alone!

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

u mean like the blue in the LaTch moniker/keep Lady techsters sky blue/that is tradition

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob
    and both being totally different from the "official" blue.
    You are absolutely correct. The REAL official blue is somewhat darker than the current Bulldog blue. The Techsters' "blue" is not even close!!!

Thumbs Up Re: Tech Traditions

I like the two blues just the way they are.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Geez, don't get me started on this Techster blue crap. As far as I'm concerned our "true" Tech colors (dark blue & red) were made official back in 1899 when those 5 students buried the first Tech Bulldog in one blue jacket and one red jacket. Our mascot and colors were voted on when we formed our first football team 2 years after the death of the Bulldog. It is likely the blue was a darker shade than our current reflex blue, but one thing's for sure it sure as hell wasn't columbia blue. I have always supported the Techsters and always will, however it still bothers me to this day that they don't wear the correct blue.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

HUM...... Maybe our Techsters need their traditional long sleeves back. I know luck has nothing to do with it but we sure seemed to play better with them down through the years. Just a thought.

+ Reply to Thread