+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tech Traditions

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Tech Traditions

Those sleeves made us different than any other team in the country. They were tradition. It is the same with the Techster blue. It is the traditional color for the Lady Techsters. Some might argue that it is not the "traditional" blue and not the "real" blue of Tech, however, you need to look up the definition of "tradition". That blue was the color for the beginning of the Lady Techster dynasty. Anyone that knows anything about WBB, knows the Lady Techster blue. You just don't throw away something like that.

If you want to be known for something, you keep what got you there. Change it and it no longer represents who you are.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Gary - how can it be tradition when they change the COLOR every single year - and they do or have as long as I can remember - at one time it was boarding on gray?

TT - I think it was what was in those sleeves that made more of a difference than the sleeves themselves -

Kinda like the NYY pinstripes - the uniform may have had an effect on the opposing team, but the players were the ones who did all the damage...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Varsity Bulldog LostInOzBulldog has turned a few heads around hereLostInOzBulldog has turned a few heads around here

Forgive me if I'm mistaken but arn't the Lady Techsters scheduled to phase out the columbia blue with in the next few years?
    Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." -- by Jack Handy

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I hope not.
    why change their traditional colors...the lady vols has a little columbia blue on their jearseys...it's not part of their schools color but they're not getting rid of it...so why change the lady techster's

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    TT - I think it was what was in those sleeves that made more of a difference than the sleeves themselves -
    I agree 100%. But I did like them and the idea that they were a TECHSTER and therefore a TECH TRADITION.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001
    I hope not.
    why change their traditional colors...the lady vols has a little columbia blue on their jearseys...it's not part of their schools color but they're not getting rid of it...so why change the lady techster's

And you know why that Columbia blue is there, don't you?

Yes, Dwayne, there has been some VERY subtle differences in the Techster blue. It has remained in the same area of blue, though. It is a Columbia blue. I don't ever remember a different color. I do remember a different shade of blue that bordered on baby blue, but most of the color differences were the type of material too. There was one that was more of a satin type material.

Anybody have any pictures of the Tech teams? I will look on the TAC walls at the SMU game this weekend.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

ive got a poster in my office of a sleeved lady techster jersey laying on the floor of a gym. its old-school and very representative of the tradition of the techsters. the sleeves are what stand out to me...i don't know if it matters to me what the color of the jersey is. i would like to have uniformity throughout all atheletic programs at tech, but at the same time there is alot of history behind the techster blue....but for the love, bring back the sleeves!!!!!!!

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    And you know why that Columbia blue is there, don't you?
    yup, there is a lot of history behind that blue

Quote Originally Posted by sik-m-boi
    ive got a poster in my office of a sleeved lady techster jersey laying on the floor of a gym. its old-school and very representative of the tradition of the techsters. the sleeves are what stand out to me...i don't know if it matters to me what the color of the jersey is. i would like to have uniformity throughout all atheletic programs at tech, but at the same time there is alot of history behind the techster blue....but for the love, bring back the sleeves!!!!!!!
    I think I have the same picture. It is the 25 Anniversary one. That is the uniform that was on the satin type material. It would shine and opposing teams KNEW what it stood for. Pat Summit talks about it in her book. She stated something to the effect of "the Techsters invaded the TBA and all you could see was that flowing blue. It looked like there was blue everywhere and I didn't see how there were just 5 players on the court". That was not an exact quote, but close.

Oh, and I LOVE the sleeves too!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Okay. Lady Techster traditionalists. Here's your refresher course. Pigtails and sleeves!
    The Baylor board thought KMR was wearing hose with those nicely tanned legs. They also had a hissy fit over the sleeves. A small number of the board posters even WANT girls to wear the sleeves now.
    tm
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

When and why did we get rid of the sleeves anyway?

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

For starters, they were out of style and the players were tying the sleeves up with ribbons or shoestrings to make them sleeveless. Cheryl Ford comes to mind.
    tm
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix
    For starters, they were out of style and the players were tying the sleeves up with ribbons or shoestrings to make them sleeveless. Cheryl Ford comes to mind.
    tm
    I agree that they were out of style but you know what? I bet Cheryl Ford and the rest of the really old ex-Lady Techsters remember having to roll and tie them up with warm fondness now. Those that didn't leave them long but rolled them up had to grin and bear it together much like TECH frat pranks, various department disciplines (eng. ag. edu. ect...) and dorm traditions as well as the really old DAWGS (sorry guys) that had to wear those freshman beenies as they walked TECH's tall oaks and pine tree covered campus. It is something called a tradition that the true ex-Lady Techsters will have as a common bond, for life, along with Barmore and his coaches. I am sure there are a ton of these types of traditions, kept behind locker room doors of other TECH teams, that we are not aware of but would love to hear about. Things that we as fans can watch and enjoy, such as our DAWGS walking down that ramp and touching that bronze bulldog, mean so much over the years. Sometimes it's the "old school" things like hearing our fight song echo through Joe Aillet and yes those silly long sleeves that build and make the traditions that we grow to love and remember so well. Then again I could be wrong.
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 02-16-2005 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    I agree that they were out of style but you know what? I bet Cheryl Ford and the rest of the really old ex-Lady Techsters remember having to roll and tie them up with warm fondness now. Those that didn't leave them long but rolled them up had to grin and bear it together much like TECH frat pranks, various department disciplines (eng. ag. edu. ect...) and dorm traditions as well as the really old DAWGS (sorry guys) that had to wear those freshman beenies as they walked TECH's tall oaks and pine tree covered campus. It is something called a tradition that the true ex-Lady Techsters will have as a common bond, for life, along with Barmore and his coaches. I am sure there are a ton of these types of traditions, kept behind locker room doors of other TECH teams, that we are not aware of but would love to hear about. Things that we as fans can watch and enjoy, such as our DAWGS walking down that ramp and touching that bronze bulldog, mean so much over the years. Sometimes it's the "old school" things like hearing our fight song echo through Joe Aillet and yes those silly long sleeves that build and make the traditions that we grow to love and remember so well. Then again I could be wrong.
    AMEN times 10!

+ Reply to Thread