+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dawgbitten = Marathon Man

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

The running thread

Hey man (Dawgbitten), congrats on your marathon finish on Sunday!

Rick
    Last edited by Rickeydad; 02-22-2005 at 03:02 PM. Reason: topic is morphing

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

Re: Dawgbitten = Marathon Man

congrats on the finish! What marathon was it? The Motorola in Austin? What was your finishing time? I'm debating right now which one to run, The Texas Marathon in Dallas on April 3 or the Country Music Marathon in Nashville on April 30!

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

Austin, yes. Renamed to Freescale, no longer Motorola because of a spinoff. I finished in 3:43. Not sure exactly how Dawgbitten did, but I think he was not far behind.

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

3:43 is awesome! I'm still trying to crack 4:00. I'm trying to stay on that 9min/mile pace which will give me 3:56. Congrats!!!

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

RD, Unfortuantely, I didn't run it this year. I quit training shortly after Xmas due to several unfortunate circumstances relating to family logisitics. I know you can respect having a problem like that. I thought about doing Cowtown next weekend, but couldn't get myself motivated to run that one. Several months training down the drain....Oh well.

Anyway, Great time! Wasn't 3:43 a little slower than last year?

Ya'll, Rickeydad is crazy! He ran a marathon up and down Pike's peak without any mountain training at all. He is a freak!

My next feat is Buffalo Springs Half Ironman in June. Get a bike and come join.
    Why did they throw us in the pit?

Well, dang. I thought I read somewhere that you finished. Must have been old stuff. Only about 365 days until the next Freescale. There is also Big D in April, Amarillo in May. And Amarillo doesn't cost much.

RXDawg, we'll have to share some stories sometime.

Any other runners/triathletes around here?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I was wondering the same thing - but it looks like this is where the thread originated -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

I originated the thread here, but I guess I could have put it somewhere else.

I guess I'm still sort of a newbie.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Rookie

Was Stroller Guy spotted on the course this year? That guy is an animal!

How did local Hero, Gilbert (not going to attempt his last name), do? I didn't see his name in the top finishers.

DB, you must be talking about the guy pushing his three kids in the triple stroller. That guy is an animal! I ran the 2004 Motorola and he was there then!

You are correct! I spotted him last year as well. Austin Statesman later ran an article on him. He has like 4 kids. Last year one of the kids was getting too big to ride, so this year he should have downsized to a double stroller. Hell, he finished like 3:20 or so pushing triplewide filled with kids and he started at the back of the race at the start. ANIMAL is right.

I used that article to make my sister feel bad for using her children as an excuse for not getting her butt off the couch after her new years resolution to run.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

DB, I hear you may be down for the Capital 10K this year.

I will be in SA that weekend. I would love to come up that morning and show your roommate how to run. It will all depend on how the girl's cheer schedule works out for that day if I can make Austin or not.

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough

Ran a 5k this morning......we have another sun the 30th.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Its looking like a BB&B race might be a good fundraiser! Congrats on the finish, rickeydad!

+ Reply to Thread