+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rivaries

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Rivalries

want to see what it is like to be a part of a real rivalry? check this out.

http://www.carlylecup.com/index2.html
    Last edited by KSDAWG; 02-22-2005 at 07:10 PM.

Varsity Bulldog lsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nice lsuhater's Avatar

Football Re: Rivaries

Soccer???????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Re: Rivaries

It's talking about the Duke/UNC rivalry in all sports. Those schools are less than 30 miles apart. Duke is the preppy private school and UNC is the public school. That in my opinion is the greatest sports rivalry in college sports.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

What's a rivaries anyway??????????

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soccer_dawg9
    It's talking about the Duke/UNC rivalry in all sports. Those schools are less than 30 miles apart. Duke is the preppy private school and UNC is the public school. That in my opinion is the greatest sports rivalry in college sports.
    it is in basketball because the games almost always mean something (as in standing in the acc). but i think its hard to compare baskletball rivalries with football and duke v unc in football doesn't compare to uf v uga or michigan v osu.

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sik-m-boi
    it is in basketball because the games almost always mean something (as in standing in the acc). but i think its hard to compare baskletball rivalries with football and duke v unc in football doesn't compare to uf v uga or michigan v osu.
    Those are better "football" rivalries, but I was referring to the rivalry of UNC/Duke in all sports. The Carlyle Cup is for all sports between the two schools. Maybe someday we will have a rivalry with someone like that. I would say ULM is our rival, but to be a rival both schools have to win.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soccer_dawg9
    Those are better "football" rivalries, but I was referring to the rivalry of UNC/Duke in all sports. The Carlyle Cup is for all sports between the two schools. Maybe someday we will have a rivalry with someone like that. I would say ULM is our rival, but to be a rival both schools have to win.
    ulm is pretty opposed to winning.

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar

Now that's funny.....

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar

Actually, parity is not necessarily a requirement to have a red-hot rivalry.

Consider these historically lopsided, yet quite vicious, rivalries:

Clemson-South Carolina: Clemson leads the all-time series 62-36-4
    Colorado-Colorado State: CU leads 56-19-2, but CSU has won 3 of the last 6
    Colorado-Nebraska: Nebraska leads 44-17-2
    Michigan-Michigan State: Michigan leads 64-26-5
    Michigan-Ohio State: OSU leads 57-38-6, and that's with UM significantly closing the gap during the John Cooper era
    Oklahoma-Oklahoma State: OU leads 76-16-7
    Texas-Texas A&M- UT leads 72-34-5

I have the "parity" argument all the time on LSU boards when the subject of "LSU doesn't have a true rival" and Tulane comes up. I want the LSU-Tulane rivalry back (I also want the LSU-Texas A&M rivalry back, but the likelihood of that is even slimmer than bringing back "The Rag.") Unfortunately, a lot of LSU fans don't feel that way, and the chief reason they bring up is the lopsided history of it. My reaction: so what?, and I brought this up to show it.

I'm too young too remember, but I've heard that Tech/NLU was pretty heated back in the '80s.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, Tech - Northwestern was too back in the day but the buttwhoopin's kind of kills it over time. ULM even started having crappy attendence to the rivalry games, so it is quite dwindled... If ULL keeps investing in their program and keeps their support up, they might be able to bring us a good game without us throwing the damn ball away in the red zone 4 times in a row, lol. They have good fans, so that one's a remote possibility besides North Texas.

+ Reply to Thread