+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Defensive Coordinator

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Re: Defensive Coordinator

GLM-who on earth will "coach" the onside kickoff team, the onside kickoff return team, the kickoff return "middle" team, the kickoff return "right" team, the kickoff return "left" team, the kickoff return "trickster" team, & who will make the decision to kick-off or return?? Wait a minute! I know!! Old HD can coach ALL of this from the Metroplex by picture-capability cell phone. He will work for NOTHING & his only problem will be finding players as FAST in the 40 as he was (or IS, or WHATEVER).

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

LOL

Champ theinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her game

I heard $60,000....and word around was the other two open slots are not to fill/start until July 1.

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

I wish you hadn't posted that. That's embarrassing .
    Go Tech!

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theinsider
    I heard $60,000....and word around was the other two open slots are not to fill/start until July 1.
    They SERIOUSLY offered someone with Kaufman's experience 60K for a coordinator position, and thought he might actually say yes!? That is laughable. Or it would be if it was some other school we were talking about, anyway.

Is that about what they paid our last several DC's, or did they cut the salary of the job this time around to try to save money??

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

My high school coach here in Dallas makes way more than $60,000 and we haven't made it past the first round of play offs in eight years. There are probably some coaches in DFW who make in the +$100,000 range, and don't have to recruit to much.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

The Mini Me's of D1 football. I know these guys have done some great things for TECH but sometimes I see them like this. "I can run this athletic program for One Million dollars".

JO (as Mini Me)..........and............DR (as Dr. Evil)

JO............................................DR

Sorry guys but I couldn't resist.
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 02-24-2005 at 06:36 PM.

Big Dog Memdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really nice Memdawg's Avatar

Not even I-AA but, now La Tech Football is resembling Jr. High!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please Mr. Dan, do us a favor and retire like the rest of the 65 yr olds!!!!!!!!! :icon_wink

Varsity Bulldog LostInOzBulldog has turned a few heads around hereLostInOzBulldog has turned a few heads around here

NO thats about right on the money!
    Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." -- by Jack Handy

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14
    GLM-who on earth will "coach" the onside kickoff team, the onside kickoff return team, the kickoff return "middle" team, the kickoff return "right" team, the kickoff return "left" team, the kickoff return "trickster" team, & who will make the decision to kick-off or return?? Wait a minute! I know!! Old HD can coach ALL of this from the Metroplex by picture-capability cell phone. He will work for NOTHING & his only problem will be finding players as FAST in the 40 as he was (or IS, or WHATEVER).
    Okay you got me.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

and we actually have people on here who think we are going to get an SEC or big 12 assistant coach to come to Tech as a coordinator for 60 grand.

Puppy saddawg2 is an unknown

Your last two DC's made between 70 and 72

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

that's truly embarassing, I hope our future coaches never see this

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Did they not really want him so they offered a salary that they knew he would decline? Incredibly stupid!!!

If that is all the money that we are going to offer, we might as well drop to D-II (not D-IAA!) tonight. I am sure that given our current budget mindset we could be somewhat competitive at that level...maybe... Maybe NAIA is more our budget...

This is totally offensive to me as an alumni. If this is true, and I have no reason to doubt it, I am really steamed over this. This is perhaps the maddest I have been since I joined the board.

Gotta go chill now....

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saddawg2
    Your last two DC's made between 70 and 72
    Not that I think 72 is enough either, but why offer Kaufman 60 if we could afford 72 last year??

+ Reply to Thread