+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Defensive Coordinator

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Defensive Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by NathanDarby
    Not that I think 72 is enough either, but why offer Kaufman 60 if we could afford 72 last year??
    Hum... somebody on the football staff or ADM must have claimed that extra $12m since last year. Maybe not.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Big Grin Re: Defensive Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14
    GLM-who on earth will "coach" the onside kickoff team, the onside kickoff return team, the kickoff return "middle" team, the kickoff return "right" team, the kickoff return "left" team, the kickoff return "trickster" team, & who will make the decision to kick-off or return?? Wait a minute! I know!! Old HD can coach ALL of this from the Metroplex by picture-capability cell phone. He will work for NOTHING & his only problem will be finding players as FAST in the 40 as he was (or IS, or WHATEVER).
    Coach,

This post has nothing to do with coaching the onside kick team. But, I just clicked on your "green dots" and it says, "MICKEYS14 is a splendid one to behold." I think one of the Tech cheerleaders must have written that for you, old boy.

I guess you've still got "it."
    Last edited by StrayDawg; 02-24-2005 at 08:28 PM.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Or it could be that CoachDog and others of your era are recalling the pretty spirals you throw.

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

So what do we pay the assistants? $30,000? Or maybe we get some of the nice old people in Ruston to pay them in tomatoes and pecans, and occasionally a homeade pie if we win a few in a row.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Not that I think 72 is enough either, but why offer Kaufman 60 if we could afford 72 last year??
    That is one damn good question, and I want to find out the answere, IF it is even true that we offered Kaufman 60
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

So what do we pay the assistants? $30,000? Or maybe we get some of the nice old people in Ruston to pay them in tomatoes and pecans, and occasionally a homeade pie if we win a few in a row.
    I heard it was flying squirrel stew.

Puppy saddawg2 is an unknown

The AD and pres. did not want to pay the 72k salary, but in order to get them here Bicknell found a way to get those coaches more money. Who knows why they would offer Kaufman 60...that is truly sad! There are D1 coordinators making over 200k a year and most asst's make at least 75-80 nowadays.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Perhaps there's something Machevillian going on (behind the scenes) ??

Like, if no one from outside accepts the job offered at the "stingy-bastards" level of pay offered; then obviously, the only thing left to do would be to promote from within the present staff ??

BARF ! ! ! ! ! !

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB
    Perhaps there's something Machevillian going on (behind the scenes) ??

Like, if no one from outside accepts the job offered at the "stingy-bastards" level of pay offered; then obviously, the only thing left to do would be to promote from within the present staff ??

BARF ! ! ! ! ! !

I don't think we have anyone qualified from w/in. I would only say Hughes but he left. he was d-co for a jnuior college for several years. I'm not even sure if he was ready to step up. We don't have anybody.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    I don't think we have anyone qualified from w/in. I would only say Hughes but he left. he was d-co for a jnuior college for several years. I'm not even sure if he was ready to step up. We don't have anybody.
    Well, I guess if we wait long enough, we can take the "last man standing"; i.e., the one nobody else wants ?? He would fit right in, jmo.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theinsider
    I heard $60,000....and word around was the other two open slots are not to fill/start until July 1.
    What a joke. You would be hard pressed to find one HS football coach in TX that doesn't make 60k no matter what classification you look at.

Maybe no one knows that the goal is to pay good money for jobs so you can hire good coaches and the more money you offer the better the coach.

Kaufman will make more from Middle Tennessee as a position coach! Yes that's right Middle Tennessee, not U of T, the sunbelt school.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

We are clueless! What else can you say?

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg
    What a joke. You would be hard pressed to find one HS football coach in TX that doesn't make 60k no matter what classification you look at.

Maybe no one knows that the goal is to pay good money for jobs so you can hire good coaches and the more money you offer the better the coach.

Kaufman will make more from Middle Tennessee as a position coach! Yes that's right Middle Tennessee, not U of T, the sunbelt school.
    Very true! The H.S. coach here at Tyler Lee (R.E.Lee) makes $84,000 I believe.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg

Agreed. If I were Bicknell or Oakes, I would be ashamed to have to offer a potential coordinator 60K.

We have no business being in Div. 1-A football.

"Hum, I can hire a football coach for.......................$60,000!" (Pinky on side of mouth)

Now staring at Louisiana Tech University
    JO (as Mini Me)..........and............DR (as Dr. Evil)

+ Reply to Thread