+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Defensive Coordinator

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: Defensive Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    Agreed. If I were Bicknell or Oakes, I would be ashamed to have to offer a potential coordinator 60K.

We have no business being in Div. 1-A football.
    The thing that really really is depressing when one sits down and thinks about this, is how large a fraternal organization the coaching world is. In other words, they talk. So if we did indeed offer that paltry amount to an experienced DC, imagine the word on the grapevine.
    Last edited by Dirtydawg; 02-25-2005 at 11:33 AM.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

None of this surprises me. They did the same thing with the strength coach. The same thing with the tennis coach. They are waiting until July to fill in the other assisstant positions. CHEAPPPPPP! Yet, we will throw all kinds of money to bring in a good Techster coach??

How in the hell can we get these two bone heads out of Tech? Someone please present me a plan for that. That would be the best laid athletic plan that we could come up with right now.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten
    How in the hell can we get these two bone heads out of Tech? Someone please present me a plan for that. That would be the best laid athletic plan that we could come up with right now.
    Maybe we could have a write in campaign involving all the Louisiana residents on this board. By write in campaign, I mean write in letters to all the newspapers and see if we can generate some interest in the editorial sections. If we can paint the picture that these people aren't doing what they should to try to progress the University in all it's facets and that their superiors aren't doing their job by holding their feet to the fire, maybe we can get enough neutral tax payers to get their ire up. See if that will get some movement. Because, until DR and JO feel the heat, they won't move. We would need some one that could put all the facts together so that we could all use the same information and it would be correct. I guess it would be a sort of business plan showing how proper ticket pricing and scheduling and use of concessions and marketing and business endorsments, etc...would not only increase athletic revenue but also academic revenue. As I state on another thread, it would be so simple for DR to allow an Athletic Foundation with one of it's charter provisions to be that it is required to give a certain percentage of what it raises each each year to academics. That would take care of some of his academic fund raising while still not necessarily interfering with what he's getting already. This way, he'll be able to get money from those who don't give academically but do give to the athletic side, like some big time Pro athletes who possibly only give to athletics.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Excellent post Dirty, I believe there is a way to get their attention and what you've suggested should work if we all follow up and do our part. As we all have seen just sending emails to JO and DR ain't gonna cut it. If the alums can't bend their ear maybe the newspapers, radio, and TV will.

2005 Bowl Confidence Contest Champion LaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the rough LaTechRandy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NathanDarby
    Not that I think 72 is enough either, but why offer Kaufman 60 if we could afford 72 last year??
    Bill for the "jumbo"tron from the Nevada game is past due!

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LaTechRandy
    Bill for the "jumbo"tron from the Nevada game is past due!
    Please tell me you're not serious.

Varsity Bulldog Appledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really nice Appledog's Avatar

Cleveland Browns web site reports two new coaches - B Trott (D Coord. from NLU-ULM) and R. Scherer (Off. Coord. from S. Miss.) have just been hired to their staff.

+ Reply to Thread