+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auburn takes a wrong turn with directionals

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Auburn takes a wrong turn with directionals

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_...=tsn&type=lgns

"Wait, I take that back. Aubie played USC in the 2002 and '03 seasons and lost by a combined 47-17. The Tigers also played Georgia Tech in 2003 and lost 17-3. Hence, the reason for last year's brutal nonconference slate of Louisiana-Monroe, The Citadel and Louisiana Tech. And the reason the Tigers weren't playing USC in the Orange Bowl."

"Fresno State eventually signed up to play at two-time defending national champ USC -- which also will play nonconference games at Hawaii, against Arkansas and at Notre Dame. Notice the lack of cupcake directional schools."

Let this idiot know that it is not Louisiana Tech hurt AU in 2004 and that we beat Fresno.

A BCS school playing Tech might be bad in the mind of sportwriters but year in and year out we are a great match for powerhouse BCS programs. They usually get a win, we get a paycheck and our RPI and SOS are usually at the top of the non BCS bucket. Plus when we do knock off a BCS or ranked team (we average nearly one of those type of wins a year) we he help the other major bcs teams with computer ratings.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Re: Auburn takes a wrong turn with directionals

Ole Miss, Miss St, and Ark. each hurt AU's sked more than Tech.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

maybe UL-M is a directional school, but the Citadel is a cupcake, and we're CERTAINLY not, since Fresno couldn't handle us last year, screw the sportswriters

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Here was my email to Mr. Hayes:

Mr. Hayes,
    Maybe you should get your facts (and geography) right before writing some of your articles. You wrote that Auburn took a wrong turn by playing directional schools and cupcakes during their 2004 campaign. Well, ULM is definitely a directional school and, the Citadel is definitely a cupcake. However, Louisiana Tech is neither a "directional school" or a "cupcake". You mentioned that Fresno was a good match for OOC for Auburn. Well, take a look at where Fresno's losses came from last year. Please get your facts straight before writing garbage like that.

Maybe, former SEC champions like Alabama would want to answer your questions about Louisiana Tech. Look at that series when you get a chance. Maybe, if geography is not your forte', history is..........

Thank you,

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

bad...ass! heh heh, tell'em champ!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Great e-mail Gary.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Journalists are much like politicians turned Athletic Directors - they think they can say whatever they want and it be taken as the gospel.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Champ - I did get a couple of responses from the Fresno reporter when I called his hand on his article about the scuffle before the Tech/Fresno football game. I would be interested to know if you get a response.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe
    http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_...=tsn&type=lgns

"Wait, I take that back. Aubie played USC in the 2002 and '03 seasons and lost by a combined 47-17. The Tigers also played Georgia Tech in 2003 and lost 17-3. Hence, the reason for last year's brutal nonconference slate of Louisiana-Monroe, The Citadel and Louisiana Tech. And the reason the Tigers weren't playing USC in the Orange Bowl."

"Fresno State eventually signed up to play at two-time defending national champ USC -- which also will play nonconference games at Hawaii, against Arkansas and at Notre Dame. Notice the lack of cupcake directional schools."

Let this idiot know that it is not Louisiana Tech hurt AU in 2004 and that we beat Fresno.

A BCS school playing Tech might be bad in the mind of sportwriters but year in and year out we are a great match for powerhouse BCS programs. They usually get a win, we get a paycheck and our RPI and SOS are usually at the top of the non BCS bucket. Plus when we do knock off a BCS or ranked team (we average nearly one of those type of wins a year) we he help the other major bcs teams with computer ratings.
    Guess I need some red dots, but for the most part last year I was humiliated by our OOC performance last year. We showed promise against Tennessee, but other than that we looked like we were there for a paycheck. This type of comment will keep being made until we win consistently. We might beat an Alabama, Michigan St., or Fresno State periodically - but we always seem to be humiliated a couple of times a year by teams we should handle easily. I just don't take offense when I'd have to say that we've proven ourselves to be a cupcake way too often.

That's one of the reasons I STILL want a new coach! Beating Tulsa is good enough for him - he just wants to show up and get the check at non-conference games. He sure wouldn't want to get anyone hurt against the big boys when we have such important games as Tulsa coming up!

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Below is my email to Mr. Hayes

No question that OU & USC each had stronger claims to the Orange Bowl that Auburn. But dont lump Louisiana Tech with those the hurt the Tigers sked.

Losing records from Ole Miss, Miss St, Kentucky, and Arkansas hurt AU's Orange dreams more than 6-6 Tech did. If anything, Louisiana Tech HELPED the Tigers' SOS overcome a down year in the SEC.

Sorry to be touchy (I dont envy college football writers one bit!), but I fail to understand how Fresno St would make a good OOC opponent for Auburn, but Louisiana Tech (who beat Fresno!) doesnt fit the bill.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by oledawg66
    Champ - I did get a couple of responses from the Fresno reporter when I called his hand on his article about the scuffle before the Tech/Fresno football game. I would be interested to know if you get a response.
    I will let you know if I get a response. I sure hope he writes back.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

I think we are all missing the underlying message.

This is the current PERCEPTION of our football program and where we are now versus 7 years ago. Fact is fact.

Eh? .... So which is it? Fact or perception?

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

The Fact is that the National Perception of our program have changed.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganDawg
    I think we are all missing the underlying message.

This is the current PERCEPTION of our football program and where we are now versus 7 years ago. Fact is fact.

Yeah. I started to post the same thought. I'm afraid the national perception of Louisiana Tech sports is at an all time low. We will sell our kid's souls for the almighty dollar and then not even use that dollar to buy the things necessary to improve their chances of success in the future. And unfortunely, your own perception is your reality. Therefore, fact and perception are almost interchangeable. We need a change at the top.

+ Reply to Thread